PDCC92 - The Scrapbooking Studio

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Oh, my gracious!  You all gave me a run for my money, last week, with all those fabulous, Color Splash entries!  So impressed!  Can't wait to see what you've got up your sleeves for this week!  With that said, welcome to The Play Date Cafe's Challenge #92!
Our sponsor for this week is The Scrapbooking Studio.
As soon as I saw that fabulous coral, petal pink, and antique gold color story above, I just knew that I had to pull some pictures, from my baby girl's box, to scrap.  Here's what I came up with.
I started this layout by adhering the coral, damask, patterned paper to the gold, grid, patterned, paper base and machine stitching,with white-threaded, straight stitches, around its inside and outside edges.
I then trimmed the bottom of my row of pictures with a punched strip of pink, patterned paper and adhered it, just above horizontal center, overlapping the coral, damask, patterned paper's edges.  A gold, journaling card, upon which I wrote, in Close To Cocoa ink, You just love hanging out with your Daddy, even if it's just watching TV.  You're such a Daddy's girl.  8.4.10, preps the layout for more stitching.  I stitched, with white-threaded, straight stitches, several, messy circles, including the one around my favorite, center picture and carried the circle theme into a coral tag, which I embellished with a Cricut-cut, from a pink, patterned paper, heart; anchored with a few, white, string hand-stitches; laced with a length of white string; and adhered, in its respective location, with foam tape.
The "hanging with my DAD" sentiment was created from coral alphas, which were secured with white-threaded, messy, straight stitches, tied off to either end; gold, rubon alphas; plaid, chip letters; & gold, hardcover Thickers, the last of which was laced with a white, string bow.
A gold, mini, label sticker, personalized, in Close to Cocoa ink, with the "love" subtitle, completes the look.
Now, it's your turn!  You have until the close of the day EST, on Tuesday, August 2, 2011, to link up your entries over at the challenge link above.  Please also be sure to use that link to see what the rest of the Design Team has created, with this color story, just for you all.  And thank you so much for peeking in!

{Supplies & Tools}
Paper: pink (Making Memories); coral damask (Basic Grey); gold grid (lily bee design) Ink: Close to Cocoa (SU) Other: white thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); gold journaling card (Jenni Bowlin); coral plaid tag (American Crafts); white string (Hobby Lobby); Scalloped Scallop punch (EK Success); coral alphas (BoBunny); gold rubons & plaid chip letters (heidi grace); gold hardcover Thickers (American Crafts); gold mini label sticker (7 Gypsies); foam tape (Scotch); George & Basic Shapes Cricut cartridge & Cricut (Provo Craft)

14 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loveeeeeeee this! Those photos are sooooooooooo precious and loveeeeeeeeeee the title work and the colors!! :):):):):):):):):):):)

Lindsay said...

This is lovely Jinny! I just love your LO's! They are always so well done. I really like how you did the title, fun!

Jaclyn Miller said...

I just love how you are able to combine stickers to create your titles. Your work is always so meticulous and gorgeous! This is such a great representation of this week's colors.

Tracey said...

Oh Jinny!!! You are the scrapbook QUEEN!!! LOVE LOVE it and all the AMAZING stitching details!!!

Sue Lelli said...

wow! Jinny, LOVE this layout! The pictures are DARLING and I LOVE the stitching and the hanging cross stitched heart! You surely outdid yourself on this one!!!

Donna Bowman said...

Very nice layout! Love how her shirt is just the right color for the challenge!!

lynn said...

way cute, jinny! love the stitched heart on the tag esp:)

Faye said...

Jinny, that's such a precious keepsake page. Beautiful way you used the provided colors.

Lisa said...

ADORABLE!!! Your little one a precious and your page is just too cute :)

Andrea Ewen said...

Adorable Jinny...love seeing the little girls with their dads...and you've captured the moment wonderfully! The colors are gorgeous in the way you've arranged them and the details that you include are always so thoughtful and complementary!

Joanne Leddy said...

Fabulous layout and I just love the title! You are so clever to use stitching in such a creative way ... absolutely terrific ideas here!

Colleen Dietrich said...

I was just thinking of your scrapbook pages on the weekend, Jinny. I think your kids are so blessed to have a mom who creates such beautiful pages with which to share memories. They are always so lovely!

Fiona said...

Oh Jinny - I love looking at all the closeup detail on your LO's - and this is no exception! So sweet! Thanks for visiting my blog :)

Ruby said...

Another yummy LO Jinny, always so lovely seeing your scrapbooking, beautiful!