Sketchy Thursdays

Monday, July 18, 2011

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend!  Ours was uneventful but full.  The heat around here has my feet dragging to the point where I feel like I just want to crawl back in bed and stay in the air conditioning until fall.  Ugh!  Unfortunately, my creative space, being in the loft, gets pretty toasty in the summer time.  I've been trying to sneak in a little time here and a little time there, in the evening hours, after the sun goes down; but by then, the heat has taken its toll, and I'm pretty beat.  So, while I haven't been getting as crafty as I'd really like to be, I have been getting things organized and thinking about heading back to school in just a couple of weeks.  Tomorrow is Ezekiel's last day of t-ball, and he started a swimming class today.  So, we're finishing out the summer with a bang.  Anyway, you all didn't come here to read my ramblings.  How about a layout?
I started this layout by piecing the coral and aqua, polka dot, patterned paper, just above horizontal center and to the left of vertical center, to the color-washed, patterned, paper, page base; adhering my photograph just to its right against the base page's right edge; and trimming them, across their bottom and top edges, with color-coordinating Starter Strips.
I put my Peacock Liquid Pearls to work by sponge painting the butterfly to their left and overlapping them slightly; watering it down and splatter painting over much of the layout; and adding a few random puddles of it here, there, and everywhere.
The gold, flower rubons were tucked under the top and bottom edges of the Starter Strips, before using coral and teal alphas and a kraft, hardcover Thicker to create the "hopes & dreams" title, which was anchored with white-threaded, messy, machine stitches, tied off to either end of the words.
I then journaled, right over the top of my butterfly, What a precious moment Grandma Green captured for us!  I was sharing with you just a few of my many hopes and dreams for you; how I want to always support and help you achieve your own; all that I deeply want to be for you as your mommy; and thanking the Lord for entrusting me with such a beautiful gift.  You are and always will be my greatest treasure.  I love you!  And nothing can ever change that!  11.1.08.  A smattering of clear Rain Dots; a little machine stitching with white-threaded, straight stitches; a "SO HAPPY TO HAVE YOU", sticker subtitle...
and a bit of glitter to outline the stenciled butterfly, as inspired by this layout, in the JBS Design Team Gallery, by Doris Sander, complete the look.
My inspiration for this layout came from Sketchy Thursdays' current sketch...
and my July Jenni Bowlin kit.
Here's the deets...
  • 3 Sassafraslass Double Sided Papers
  • 1 Lily Bee Paper
  • 3 My Minds Eye Double Sided Papers
  • 2 Coredinations Cardstocks
  • 1 Coredinations Impressions Paper
  • American Crafts Thickers – Hardcover
  • My Minds Eye Happy Label Sticker Sheet
  • My Minds Eye Joy Transparent Frame
  • Mercantile Exclusive Stamp
  • Mercantile Exclusive Stencil
  • Mercantile Exclusive Month Bingo Card
  • Maya Road Die Cut Kraft Doilies
  • Pillow Box containing...
    • Websters Pages Blue Tutu Trim
    • Prima Fairytale Roses
    • 1 vintage coat check tag
    • 1 vintage “egg saver” envelope”
    • 5 small vintage appliques
Thanks so much for stopping by, ya'll!  And have a wonderful work week!

{Supplies & Tools}
Paper: color-washed & Starter Strips (Sassafras); coral & aqua polka dot (My Mind's Eye) Ink: Basic Black (SU) Other: white thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); Dazzling Diamonds (SU); coral alphas (BoBunny); teal alphas (Sassafras); kraft hardcover Thicker (American Crafts); floral rubons (Hambly); Peacock Liquid Pearls (Ranger); Rain Dots (Cloud 9); subtitle sticker (My Mind's Eye); butterfly stencil (Jenni Bowlin)

6 comments:

Lindsay said...

Wow what an awesome kit and an A-mazing LO Jinny! Amazing, I just love all the details!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

WOW WOW WOW!! Jinny this is AMAZING! I loveeeeeeee that stitching and the butterfly! Thanks sooooooo much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

mariko said...

Beautiful!!!
Thanks for playing along with ST!!

lisa said...

Thats a gorgeous LO and I love and want that kit!!!!
Thanks for playing with us at S.T. X

Tomomi / ☆ともみっち☆ said...

Very beautiful layout!!
Love your butterfly with glitter!
Thanks so much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays:)

corrie said...

So incredibly beautiful! Thanks for playing with Sketchy Thursdays!