TCR #68

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Good afternoon!  We've been out enjoying the warm sunshine in the cool of our local, swimming pool.  Ezekiel is in the midst of his final week of swim class, and they have a toddler, pool, play time on Tuesdays and Thursdays, while he's in class, for only $2.  Adina loves it, and they're both becoming quite the swimmers and getting gorgeous, bronzed skin.
Love that last one of Adina trying not to look at the camera.  She's becoming really good at this.  LOL!  Anyway, I have a sweet, little layout, for you all, today.  These pictures were taken when my baby girl was just a month old.  Sigh.
I started this layout by trimming either side of a piece of pink, floral, patterned paper with punched strips of textured, Crumb Cake cardstock; adhering it in the center of the textured, brown, cardstock, base page; and machine stitching, with hot-pink-threaded, straight stitches down its vertical edges.  That "time" card came in my Jenni Bowlin kit, awhile back, along with a handful of others similar to it, and I had no idea what I was going to do with them.  Then, I came across a layout, somewhere in blogland, where the creator cut it in half and used it as I have.  I thought it was pure genius and knew instantly that I had to scrap lift her idea.  Sooooo hate that I didn't save the link to that idea for you all!  What's so strange is that I didn't even save the picture in my inspiration file.  So, maybe I'm just imagining this whole story, and it all came to me in a dream.  LOL!  Anyway, after adhering pictures, I tucked the left half under the punched, cardstock strip and turned it into my "2 TURN back time" title with the help of some brown, hardcover Thickers and kraft, fabric alphas, the latter of which were anchored with hot-pink-threaded, messy stitches, tied off at either end.  A little, What I wouldn't give, Close to Cocoa ink journaling and a pink, number sticker, complete the left side of the card.
All I did to the right side of the card was add a little glitter to those clock wings.
A white, lacy die-cut; pink, "perfect" sticker; kraft, crochet doily; and brown, mini, label sticker, filled in with the Dec. 4, 2008 date, prep the page for flowers.
My white flowers were inspired by a blog friend, Lynn Miller, here.  Lynn used this tutorial to create her gorgeous blossom, and I just had to give it a go, too.  It's super similar to this flower that I created way back last fall, during my first release with Wplus9, but it's always so great to be reminded of beautiful techniques.  I'm thinking that I just need to start writing some of my favorites down for reference.  Anyway, I created them all from white, tissue paper; gave them a few more layers than I would on a card, simply because they will be smashed a bit in an album; secured them, in their centers, with vintage brads; crinkled them up a bit; and just skipped the ink distressing part altogether.  I loved the crispness of them on that dark brown surface!
I, then, stamped the rose images, in Jet Black ink, on Whisper White cardstock; colored them in with Regal Rose, Rose Red, Wild Wasabi, and Garden Green inks and a blender pen; hand cut them out; and adhered them, with foam tape, in their respective locations, to complete the look.
My inspiration for this layout came from The Color Room's Palette #68: {Her Room}.
Don't forget that you have until the close of the day EST to link up your entries over at The Play Date Cafe for Challenge #91.  Then, we'll all be back, tomorrow, with a brand, new, soft and elegant color story, for you all, to have your hand at.  Okay, I'm off to clean out our bathroom.  The remodel begins bright and early tomorrow morning.  Woohoo!  Thank you so much for peeking in, for leaving me comments and encouragement and love, for making this big world of ours a much smaller place, and for sharing, not only the wonderful world of papercrafting with me, but also your beautiful lives.  Much love!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Hope Seed Co. (Wplus9) Paper: Whisper White & Crumb Cake (SU); brown (Core'dinations); pink floral (Pink Paislee) Ink: Close to Cocoa, Regal Rose, Rose Red, Wild Wasabi, & Garden Green (SU) Other: hot pink thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); Scalloped Scallop punch (EK Success); white lace die-cut (Crate Paper); brown mini label sticker (Jenni Bowlin); pink "perfect" & number strip stickers & brown hardcover Thickers (American Crafts); vintage brads & Dazzling Diamonds (SU); crochet doily (Kaisercraft); tissue paper (craft supply store); "time" card (Pink Paislee); kraft fabric alphas (Prima); Big Scalloped Circles LG (Spellbinders); Big Shot (Sizzix)

5 comments:

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OH, Jinny! Those pics of your kids at the pool---LOVE IT! Great sunshine and it looks like everyone is having a FABULOUS time!! And that last one--ACK! TOOO CUTE:)

LOVE your LO!!! I love that you stitched through your letters--I've wanted to do that, but I am too afraid! What if I break the needle or the letters are too thick?? ACK! I don't know! But I love when you do it!! It's gorgeous;)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Such FUN pics!! Loveeeeeeeeeee them!! And your lo is JUST GORGEOUS! I loveeeeee the photos, the colors, the layers!! Just WOW! :):):):):):):):)):):)

Janna Werner said...

Hwy Jinny, the pool photos def. look like fun! We had a sunny day today, the last weeks was only rain and it was soo cold :(
Your layout is also very sweet, love the flowers!
Have a great day, Janna

Ruby said...

Gorgeous layout Jinny, I love your flowers, must check out that tutorial. I'm always on the lookout for new flowers! It looks like everyone had fun in the sun!

lynn said...

love the pool pics and your flowers turned out just gorgeous--thanks so much for the link:) i just got back from vaca and i'm trying hard to catch up with everyone!