Three in One

Friday, July 22, 2011

So sorry that I'm coming to you all so late tonight.  It's been a tough day to end a long, hard week, and I just had to sneak in a nap this afternoon with my little one.  But I'm here now and have a frilly, girly number to share, with you all, today.
I started this card by piecing the triangles of two, different, patterned papers on a piece of Whisper White cardstock and machine stitching, with white-threaded, straight stitches, around their edges, before adhering it to the Pink Pirouette, cardstock, card face.  I then laid a piece of white cardstock, whose top right corner had been rounded, in the center of the prepped piece and embossed the floral images, with Melon Mambo embossing powder, over all existing layers.
The "THANK YOU" sentiment was stamped, in Chocolate Chip ink, in the top center of the embossed, Whisper White, cardstock piece.
I then created lots of frilly, fluffy layers of white lace over the bottom of the sentiment panel and topped them with a So Saffron, grosgrain ribbon, tied, in a bow, just right of center and embellished with a brown button, laced with white, string bows.
After adhering the sentiment panel, with foam tape, in the center of the stitched piece, making sure to line up the embossed, flower lines, I scattered a handful of yellow gemstones across the top portion of the card to complete the look.
My inspiration for this card came from Card Positioning Systems' Sketch 227...
Create For Fun's Color Challenge #34...
and Moxie Fab World's Tuesday Trigger: Perty & Flirty.  I was completely smitten with that ruffled bottom and the way those brown buttons just popped on that gorgeous, yellow jacket!  So want it!
And even though it's been a difficult week, I'm thrilled to tell you all that a little sunshine entered my world, when this card put me in the Top Three over at Case Study...
and this layout was named a Sketchy Thursdays Fave.  Thank you so much to Chupa and her team as well as to all the talented gals over at Sketchy Thursdays!  I'm a blessed girl!
Plus, look what arrived in my mailbox for being named PageMaps' Best Creations Sketch Contest Winner!  Eeeek!  Oh, the joy I'm going to have putting these three collections (I've included four pictures from each below.), filled with all the extras, to use.  Thank you, Becky and Robin!  My cup runneth over!
Thank you so much for stopping by, ya'll!  I hope the length of this post didn't overwhelm you.  So sorry!  Have a super, spectacular, phenomenal, amazing weekend!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Ever After & Filigreed Frames (Wplus9) Paper: Pink Pirouette, Whisper White, & yellow leafy (SU); pink plaid (DCWV) Ink: Chocolate Chip (SU); watermark (VersaMark) Other: white thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); Corner punch, So Saffron grosgrain ribbon, & Melon Mambo embossing powder (SU); yellow gemstones (Doodlebug Design); brown button (Paper Studio); white lace & white string (Hobby Lobby); foam tape (Scotch)

16 comments:

Maggie said...

luv luv the card and how you create the skirt w/the lace...
I'm inviting you to add your cards to our linking party gallery at
http://www.passionatelyartistic.com/2011/07/american-pickers-with-linking-party.html
Maggie
http://passionatelyartistic.com

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I loveeeeeeeeeeeeee that card!! I am loving the lace!! And WOW WOW WOW!! What a prize! CONGRATS!! Hope your weekend is better than your week! :):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Sue Lelli said...

Jinny, LOVE the stitched papers! FAB! LOVE the embossed flowers and the SUPER bow and all the frilliness! PRETTY card! THX for playing with us at CR84FN!

Julia said...

So tender and girly! I love it! Very inspiring card, thank you so much for sharing it :)

Lindsay said...

Love the lace and the patterned paper! The flowers are gorgeous!

Andrea Ewen said...

Wow!! You go Jinny! So happy for you that you won all of those fabulous papers! AND won over at CASE Study! It's really no wonder though, your talent is limitless! I love the card you made for CPS... a delicate, girly delight!

scrapbookertink said...

That card is divine, love the stamp and the lace, sooo pretty, congrats on receiving all those goodies looks like a lot of fun, have a good weekend x.

Patrice said...

Love the lace on that card!!! Visiting from CR84FN...

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

LOVE this!! I love the lacy layers and that embossing over the two paper layers---SUPER fun colors!! YOU nailed each of these challenges:) LOOOOOOVe it!

Lisa said...

Oh so pretty...girly and frilly!!!

Linda Beeson said...

Now that is a seriously HUGE prize! WOW! LOVING your card, how cute are the rows of lace and neat how you used the CPS sketch too.

Debgem said...

Just love all the stitched detail on your card and the wonderful frilly edge on the centre piece!! Very girly, very pretty! Thanks for playing along with CR84FN!!

Enjoy your fabulous prize! :)

Larissa Heskett said...

WOW!! CONGRATS!! THANKS for sharing!!
I LOVE the card!! So PRETTY and DELICATE!!
Have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)

Cath said...

Hey Jinny! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Mona L. Pendleton said...

So pretty Jinny! Love the fancy lace trim! Thanks for joining along with CR84FN :)

Ruby said...

I LOVE your girlie card! Especially the way you've done the flowers in that top corner, they look FAB!