CASE Study #52

Tuesday, August 16, 2011


I've got an unusually CAS creation, at least for me, for you all, today.  It was inspired by CASE Study's Challenge #52, which instructed us to browse through the previous galleries, pick the creation that spoke to us most, and create something based upon it.  Here's what I came up with.
I started this card by laying that gorgeous, floral stencil, which came in my June Jenni Bowlin kit, and I am just now putting to work, across a piece of Whisper White cardstock; spritzing it with both Candy Apple Red and Yellow Daisy Glimmer Mists; and allowing it to dry.  A tip that I've learned when mixing colors is to use two that make a new color.  That way you can steer away from getting ugly, brown or mucky spots; and I just love the way these two take on a beautiful, warm, orange color.
Once it was dry, I trimmed it down its left edge with a punched strip of Real Red cardstock; machine stitched, with white-threaded, straight stitches, just to the right of the connection between the misted and punched pieces; and stamped the "Thanks So Much" sentiment, in Jet Black ink, horizontally, along that stitched line, before adhering the prepped piece to the Whisper White, cardstock, card face.
A smattering of large and small, silver pearls completes the look.
Because I missed playing along, during Dawn Woleslagle's final week in July, due to my preparations for our August release, I knew immediately that it was the gallery I was going to find my inspiration in; and lucky me to come across this beauty, created by Christina MacLaren.  LOVE that she rocked Wplus9 Design goodies and got a bit of stitching in there!  Perfect!  Plus, if you've never stopped by this girl's blog, you're in for a real treat!
That's all for today, folks!  Please don't forget that you have until the close of today EST to link up your takes on The Play Date Cafe's Challenge #94.  Oh!  And I wanted to leave you with a few pictures of my kiddos enjoying a rainy, Monday afternoon.
Thanks so much for stopping by!  Have a terrific Tuesday!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Kind & Caring Thoughts (SU) Paper: Whisper White & Real Red (SU) Ink: Jet Black (StazOn) Other: white thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); Scallop Trim Border punch (SU); silver pearls (Mark Richards); Yellow Daisy & Candy Apple Red Glimmer Mists (Tattered Angels); flower stencil (Jenni Bowlin)

7 comments:

Lindsay said...

Your kids look so cute doing art! Love that! I also loooove this card! The flower is so fabulous all fuzzy like that and you do CAS so well too! Great work girl!

Tenia Nelson said...

So so pretty!! Your kids are super adorable too!! Hope all is well..

cbuswell said...

Fabulous card! thanks for joining us at CASE Study this week!

Julie said...

Wow - this is just gorgeous! You picked a great card to CASE as well! Thanks for playing along with us at CASE Study.

Christina said...

You are too sweet, Jinny! What a honor to have you CASE one of my cards, and so beautifully!! I love the effect of the stencil and spray ink and the scattered silver pearls. Thank you so much for choosing my card!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Cuteeeeeeeeeee photos! And loveeeeeeeeee that card! i loveeeeeeeeeee the masking! :):):):):):):):):):):):)

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Gorgeous card, Jinny!!