CASE Study #53

Monday, August 22, 2011

I hope that you all had a wonderful weekend!  Ours was packed to the brim with work, work, and more work.  We had hoped to tackle our bathroom, however that storm, that blew through, early, last Friday morning, gave us more work (See full details here.) than we had anticipated.  And unfortunately, it had to be put on hold until the clean-up was under wraps, which didn't give us any more time to work on it, at least this weekend, with finishing the patio and mowing the yard, too.  And thank goodness we got the latter done, because, with the over three inches of rain we got the last couple of days of last week and the half inch we got again this morning, it was long overdue.  Ugh!  Gotta love yard work!  Right, Dawn ;)?!

Oh!  And last night was Ezekiel and BJ's first night back to Awana.  Ezekiel's in Truth and Training this year and absolutely thinks he's all that!  Too funny!  While they were away, Adina and I got back into our old routine, watched Extreme Makeover: Home Edition, and gave ourselves pedicures.  LOVE mommy/daughter time!

Okay, so enough about me.  How about a card?  This one was brought to fruition by CASE Study's Challenge #53, which challenged us to get inspired by one of none other than the owner of CASE Study herself Iwona Palamountain's (Chupa's) creations.  I've got to admit that that's not hard to do, though.  Here's what I came up with.
I started this card by trimming the top and bottom edges of a piece of rose and pink, gingham, patterned paper with strips of advertisement, patterned paper and machine stitching, with white-threaded, zig-zag stitches, between their connections.  Yes, I know my advertisement, patterned paper is upside-down.  LOL!  LOVE the way it attributes to the playfulness of this card, though!
I then began layering, from bottom to top, a kraft doily; vintage, film envelope and film piece...
black, vintage, price tag; and a stamped, in Rose Red, Pretty in Pink, Certainly Celery, and Wild Wasabi inks, on a piece of Very Vanilla cardstock, flower, which was hand-cut out and distressed with Tea Dye and Antique Linen inks.
A length of pink trim was then wrapped around the bottom portion of the prepped piece, just above the machine stitching, and dressed up with a length of hemp twine, wrapped, three times, around the card face and tied, in a double bow, near the right edge of the card face, as well as a crochet flower.
After the prepped piece was adhered, with foam tape, to the Pink Pirouette, cardstock, card face, I stamped the stamp image, in Jet Black ink, on a piece of Very Vanilla cardstock; hand cut it out; punched around its edges to resemble the edges of a postage stamp; distressed its edges with Tea Dye and Antique Linen inks; and filled it in with the stamped, in Pretty in Pink and Rose Red inks, "LOVE You" sentiment...
to complete the look.
And here's where my inspiration came from.  I LOVE the haphazard collection of cohesively random elements Chupa has created here!  Absolutely stunning!
That's all for today, ya'll!  Thanks so much for stopping by, and have a truly amazing work week!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Spring Post & C'est La Vie (Wplus9) Paper: Pink Pirouette, Very Vanilla, & gingham (SU); advertisement (Jenni Bowlin) Ink: Pretty in Pink, Rose Red, Certainly Celery, & Wild Wasabi (SU); Jet Black (StazOn); Tea Dye & Antique Linen (Ranger) Other: white thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); hemp twine & pink trim (Hobby Lobby); vintage film piece, film envelope, & black price tag (Jenni Bowlin); crochet flower & 1/16" Handheld Circle punch (SU); kraft doily (Maya Road); foam tape (Scotch)

12 comments:

Amy said...

What a great card to CASE and it's just as fab as Chupa's! Live that crocheted flower!

anya said...

Love this! Too fantastic, Jinny, with all those layers and texture! I hear ya about the house and yard work - this weekend I accidentally yanked out a dozen tiles in my bathroom shower wall. Yay for unanticipated projects, huh?

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OHHH! You did a fab job of casing! This is a gorgeous cluster of lots of elements! Great papers and fab crocheted flowers:) LOVE!

Andrea Ewen said...

Wow, Jinny...you really picked a tough card to CASE, but I must say that you aced it! Your card is a beautiful tribute to the original, in your own "Jinny-style!" I adore those crocheted flowers and the kraft accents! Well done, my dear!

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Oh my golly, your card is absolutely AMAZING!! I love your take far more than the original, lol!! THANK YOU so much for playing this week, I'm honoured!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loveeeeeeeeee your card!! LOVING the layers and the vintage feel to it! :):):):):):):):):):)

Jean Martin said...

Jinny! OMGosh! I LOVE this card!!! I just stopped to stare at all the gorgeous embellies and how well they coordinated with one another! You're such a genius! Hugs!

Lindsay said...

Gorgeous card Jinny! That is some amazing layering and detailing you've got going on! Awesome card!

lostinpaper said...

LOVE your CASE of Iwonas card! Fab colour palette and ribbons, crocheted flowers and film piece, there's so much to see, I adore it!

cbuswell said...

Just gorgeous, love your version of Chupa's card, fab details! Thanks for joining us at CASE Study!

Colleen Dietrich said...

I love the haphazard look you copied from Chupa, and the red/black/kraft color palette. It's really neat, Jinny!

Laurie said...

You do so well with the most detailed cards! I need to come visit and have you help me! I am stuck in my CAS world!! These are both amazing Jinny!