CASE Study Anniversary Blog Hop

Monday, August 8, 2011

So, I'm back, as promised, in my previous, Weekend Snapshots post, with my take for CASE Study's Anniversary Blog Hop.
I started this card by piecing a strip of red, leafy, patterned paper down the center of a piece of Whisper White cardstock; trimming it, just below horizontal center, with a punched strip of red, distressed, patterned paper, which I dressed up with lots of little pearls; machine stitching, with gray-threaded, zig-zag stitches, down the lengths of the patterned paper's vertical edges; trimming above the punched, patterned paper with a length of gray lace, as well as a red, gingham ribbon; and adhering the prepped piece to the center of the Basic Gray, cardstock, card face.
I then tied the red, gingham ribbon, from above, in a bow, near the left edge of the card face and embellished it with a couple of pearl, heart, stick pins; a double, white, string bow; and a white, ruffle blossom.
Finally, the "HAPPY anniversary" sentiment was stamped, in Basic Gray ink, on a Whisper White, cardstock die-cut, which had also been stamped, in Basic Gray ink, with the frame and, in Ruby Red ink, with the center flower, before being adhered, with foam tape, in the top center of the card face...
to complete the look.
Inspiration for this card came from this beauty, created by my PDCC DT buddy Andrea Ewen.
Thanks so much for stopping by, ya'll!  Have a fabulous night!  And happy 1st anniversary, CASE Study!  May there be many, many more!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Very Vintage Greetings (Wplus9) Paper: Basic Gray & Whisper White (SU); red leafy (Jenni Bowlin); red distressed (Cosmo Cricket) Ink: Basic Gray & Ruby Red (SU) Other: gray thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); edger punch (EK Success); gray lace trim (Prima); red gingham ribbon & white string (Hobby Lobby); white ruffle blossom & pearl heart stick pins (Maya Road); Label Layers 3 die (Wplus9); Big Shot (Sizzix); foam tape (Scotch); pearls (Paper Studio)

10 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

These are GORGEOUS Jinny! I loveeeeeeeeee those gingham ribbons! :):):):):):):):):):):):)

E.T. said...

BEEEEAAAUUTIFUUULLL!! gorgeous PP! and that lace looks awesome!

Lindsay said...

Gorgeous Jinny! Great interpretation of the card, love that ribbon!

Debby said...

Jinny, you always finish your projects to perfection! I love all the rich colours and details. Thanks for joining us at CASE study.

Andrea Ewen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Andrea Ewen said...

Ah, Jinny...we must be soul sisters...I adore your style of card making, and to see you CASE one of my cards is a divinity! I love your take on it, the wonderful gingham, the lovely lace and the incredible "Jinny" magic you've incorporated into it! I am so honored that you chose to CASE one of my cards...I love it! I have a little surprise for you, my dear, coming soon...

(I have a hard time with typos...sorry...had to re-do it :)

Colleen Dietrich said...

How nice that you got your inspiration from our own Miss Andrea! I happen to own that card you picked of hers. :) It is very pretty in person, too. Your card looks absolutely terrific! I love that deep red with the brown, and the crochet trim is so textural, I want to reach out and touch it. Hey, hope that bathroom is done soon. :) And I can't believe your hubby is letting you paint it pink!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OH MY! I love love love your inspiration piece from Andrea--and I LOOOOOOOVE your take! I love that ribbon and the beautiful little bow--oh my! Just gorgeous:)

OH MYx2--I cannot believe your husband is letting you paint the bathroom pink--I cannot wait to see pics:)

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Gorgoeus yet again! Oh Jinny, I just adore your style :) You made Andrea proud with your CASE! Thank you so much for joining in our Anniversary festivities! :)

Lynn Put said...

This is beautiful! I love this color combo and your red checked bow with flower and pins is knock out!