Embellish Embossed Flowers Color Trends Challenge & MOJO205

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Well, hello there!  It seems that my posts are getting later and later into the day lately.  Ezekiel uses the computer, for school, most of morning; and then, I find myself busied, when Adina lays down for her nap, with housework, which happened to be lots of clean-up, after a morning of baking/cooking for a family, in my church, that just had a new baby, today.  Thus, my late posts; but I'm here none the less and have a sweet, little card, for you all, today. 
I started this card by piecing a piece of Ruby Red cardstock, which was dry embossed with the daisies pattern; a punched, down its right side, piece of green, floral, patterned paper; and a cut, with pinking shears, across its bottom edge and right side, strip of red, gingham, patterned paper, to a piece of Whisper White cardstock.  I then machine stitched, with white-threaded, zig-zag stitches, around the dry embossed cardstock...
and, with white-threaded, straight stitches, across the bottom of the red, gingham, patterned paper and down the right side of the green, floral, patterned paper.  Before adhering the prepped piece to the Crumb Cake, cardstock, card face, I wrapped a length of red Baker's Twine, three times, vertically, just to the right of the dry embossed cardstock, feeding it through a small slit cut between the two, patterned papers.
The darling hanger image was stamped, in Jet Black ink, in the top center of a paper doily, which had been distressed with Antique Linen ink, before being adhered, with foam tape, just to the left of, and slightly overlapping, the wrapped Baker's Twine.  I then added, to my hanger, with more foam tape, a stamped, in Jet Black ink, on a scrap piece of Garden Green cardstock, hand cut, and wet embossed with the flower image, towel.
A length of white, seam binding ribbon was wrapped around the card face, just below the lowest end of the Baker's Twine; tied in a dressy bow; and embellished with a Pure Poppy button, laced with red, Baker's Twine bows; a red, vellum, floral butterfly; and a stamped, in Ruby Red ink, on Whisper White cardstock, which had been hand cut in a banner and distressed with Antique Linen inks, "let's hang out" sentiment.
A little, further distressing, with Ivory White, acrylic paint and a dry brush, complete the look.
My inspiration for this card came from Embellish's Embossed Flowers Color Trends Challenge...
and Mojo Monday's Week 205...
as well as this sweet, stamp set I was lucky enough to win, from Debby Hughes, during CASE Study's Anniversary Blog Hop.  Woohoo!  Thanks so much, Debby!  I couldn't wait to play!
Thanks, as always, for stopping by and leaving some love!  And please don't forget that you have until the close of today EST to link up your takes on The Play Date Cafe's Challenge #95.  Off to take a peek at a few more of your creations.  Have a terrific day!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Hang Ups (Paper Smooches) Paper: Crumb Cake, Ruby Red, Whisper White, & red gingham (SU); green floral (Jenni Bowlin) Ink: Ruby Red (SU); Antique Linen (Ranger); Jet Black (StazOn); watermark (VersaMark) Other: white thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); Threading Water Border punch & pinking shears (Fiskars); Daisies Texturz Plate & clear embossing powder (SU); Big Shot (Sizzix); Ivory White acrylic paint (FolkArt); Baker's Twine (Clean Country Paper Supplies); white seam binding ribbon (Zipper Stop); Pure Poppy button (PTI); red vellum floral butterfly (Jenni Bowlin); foam tape (Scotch); paper doily (GCD)

12 comments:

Lindsay said...

Super fabulous Jinny! Love how you used the colors and I just adore that PS set!

Lynn said...

Oh...this wins a gorgeous award Jinny. More importantly, I am so very sorry to hear about your friends losing their baby. My thoughts and prayers will be with them.

Tenia Nelson said...

So fun and gorgeous at the same time!!! tfs!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is BEAUTIFUL! I loveeeeeee the colors, the twine and the butterfly! :):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Amy said...

WOWZERS!!! I just love this! You did a great job with the inspiration pic.....tying everything together!! I'm kinda behind in commenting, but wanted you to know I have seen all of your wonderful blog posts.

Wasn't that storm the other night bad? Sorry about your tree....what a way to wake up! We didn't have damage or power outages here where we live (SW Topeka) but I have friends that live in NE Topeka who just got power back on Sunday and they lost everything in their freezers and fridges.

Cristina said...

I love how much you were able to get into this card! And you did an AWESOME job with the colors. Beautiful card.

Lea L. said...

This is so pretty, Jinny! I love the beautiful papers you've paired, and the embossing is a perfect touch of texture!! Great job with the colors and sketch!

Colleen Dietrich said...

OH, neat stamp set you won, Jinny! LUcky you! You've created the cutest card with it. Love that little towel on a hanger. I think you did a wonderful job (as always) combining challenges.

sandi said...

This is so cute! Love all your sweet embellies and your sewing. You've put this together so well.
I also wanted to say that I just love your blog! Your blogs header is just beautiful...love Isaiah 40:31
Hugs!

Andrea Ewen said...

What a delightful card...you did an awesome job on the Mojo sketch...I took one look at it and ran the other way! Beautiful details in a gorgeous, vintage-y styled card!

~Tammy~ said...

Oh my goodness, this is so beautiful! You always do such a beautiful jonb blending challenges! Lucky you on your new goodies!

Laurie said...

This is gorgeous! That tiny little hanger is so cute! Your stitching always looks amazing!