MFW: Horizontal Sketch Challenge

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Good afternoon, ya'll!  I hope your Tuesday is treating you well.  We played outside for much of the morning, and I'm telling you, I can smell fall in the air.  I'm so ready for pumpkins and mums and the leaves to change color.  It has been a long, hot summer in my neck of the woods.  So, fall just cannot come soon enough.  Maybe this pretty, little thing will help speed things along.
Last Friday, I won this Cane stamp from Market Street Stamps, and would you believe it was in my mailbox yesterday?!   Gracious!  Talk about fast service!  Thank you, Market Street Stamps!  Well, I obviously couldn't wait to play :).
I used it for the foundation to cluster all of my elements upon by stamping it, in White ink, on a piece of Crumb Cake cardstock; spritzing it with Crumb Cake and Soft Suede inks; machine stitching, with white-threaded, straight stitches, around its edges; and adhering it to the Chocolate Chip, cardstock, card face.  I then wrapped a length of So Saffron ribbon, vertically, around the center of the left half of the card and added a little bow, near its top edge...
just above a vintage, egg saver envelope, which was trimmed, down its right side, with a length of white string, laced through a couple of soft yellow brads and tied in a bow.
The flower vase images were stamped, in Jet Black ink, on Whisper White cardstock; colored in with Baja Breeze, Marina Mist, Daffodil Delight, Rich Razzleberry, and Wild Wasabi inks and a blender pen; hand cut out; glittered; adhered, with foam tape, in the bottom left corner of the egg saver envelope; and surrounded by a trio of stamped, in Pumpkin Pie, Really Rust, and Chocolate Chip inks, on Whisper White cardstock, and hand cut pumpkins.
Finally, the "SEASON OF Thanks" sentiment was stamped, in Chocolate Chip ink, on a hand-cut, Whisper White, cardstock banner, which was also distressed with Tea Dye and Antique Linen inks...
to complete the look.
My inspiration for this card came from the Horizontal Sketch Challenge in the Moxie Fab World.
Okay, ya'll!  I'm off to munch on a few, sunflower seed cookies.  I'm not one for store-bought cookies of any kind, but these are the absolute best!
Thanks for stopping by, and have a wonderful day!  Oh!  And please, don't forget that you have until the close of today EST to link up your take's on The Play Date Cafe's Challenge #96.

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Season of Thanks - pumpkins & sentiment (Wplus9); Country Morning - flower vases (SU); Cane - background (Market Street Stamps) Paper: Crumb Cake, Whisper White, & Chocolate Chip (SU) Ink: White, Crumb Cake, Soft Suede, Baja Breeze, Marina Mist, Rich Razzleberry, Daffodil Delight, Wild Wasabi, Pumpkin Pie, Really Rust, & Chocolate Chip (SU); Tea Dye & Antique Linen (Ranger); Jet Black (StazOn) Other: white thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); foam tape (Scotch); vintage egg saver envelope (Jenni Bowlin); white string (Hobby Lobby); soft yellow eyelets, Color Spritzer tool, So Saffron ribbon, & Dazzling Diamonds (SU)

13 comments:

Dawn W. said...

It's gettin country up in here! :0P Love it girl!

Patrice said...

Love that sunny, happy card!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

Great take on this sketch! BEAUTIFUL layering!! GORGEOUS:)

anya said...

I love the crisp autumn feel to this card, Jinny! The cane background is beautiful and the pumpkins look so realistic! I love all the textures and layers, too. Can't wait for fall here, either!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

GORGEOUS! I loveeeeeeeeeee those pumpkins! :):):):):):):):):):):)

~Tammy~ said...

Jinny, this is a fantastic take on the sketch! Your layering is just perfect and I love the colors! Fallalicious!

Amy said...

Hi Jinny! Long time no talk! hehe Your card makes me wish that fall were here but I'm going to enjoy this weather while we can. I'm loving the cooler breeze around here without the humidity! I was so happy to see your name as a winner during the new release last week! I LOVE this background and it is perfect for a fall card such as yours! You'll have to let me know how you liked MSS. Angelica ships sooo fast!

sandi said...

Nice! Yup, that card does look like Fall...it'll be here before you know it!
Love the stamp and the pumpkins!

Lindsay said...

This is fantastic Jinny! LOVE all those details, and that bg stamp is fun!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Oh, so pretty Jinny. Love the images especially the pumpkin. That egg saver ticket is perfect... and the background looks great. :o)

Fiona said...

love this season that America celebrates, and your card is so warm and friendly Jinny - perfectly suited to the season!

Andrea Ewen said...

Fabulous! I love the mostly muted color pattern with those wonderful splashes of color! The yellow bow is just stunning!

Cath said...

Hey Jinny! Thanks for linking this up to the Horizontal Sketch challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)