MFW: Shaped Sketch Challenge & Jay Gee's Nook Challenge #11

Monday, August 29, 2011

It was an absolutely terrible weekend around my house, so I won't say anything about it other than to share one sweet thing that happened in the midst of a saga of disappointment.  Nearly 150 people got baptized, from my church, at Kill Creek Park!  What a testimony to what God is doing in and through people even in a world so saturated with sin!  LOVE it!  Unfortunately, I didn't get to attend.  While sitting on a toasty beach, watching it all take place, may seem like heaven to most of you.  To me, who's suffering from another, terrible case of poison ivy, it sounded more like a prison.  Ugh!  I so wanted to be there!  Instead, I stayed home, mowed the lawn before it got too hot, and played with my kiddos, while my hubby had the honor of baptizing many from that number above.  Lucky guy!  So, anyway, how about a little share of something I made?
I started this card by using my Cricut to cut both the front and back scallop of the card from Daffodil Delight cardstock, as well as the two, inner circles from Whisper White cardstock.  I then pieced the yellow, patterned papers onto the most inner circle; machine stitched, with white-threaded, straight stitches, around their outside edges and, with white-threaded, zig-zag stitches, between their connections; and adhered it to the slightly larger, Cricut-cut, Whisper White, cardstock circle.
The flower was white embossed over several of the patterned, paper sections...
and dressed up with a length of white, seam binding ribbon, which was wrapped, horizontally, around the center of the card face, and tied, in a dressy bow, just to the embossed flower's left edge, before being embellished with a yellow button, laced with white string, as well as a stamped, in More Mustard ink, on a white tag, "WITH LOVE for you" tag.  LOVE the way the final "u", in my sentiment, wraps perfectly around the tag's hole!
Finally, and after a little rearranging of the ribbon loops, I adhered the entire, prepped piece to the previously, Cricut-cut, scalloped, Daffodil Delight, cardstock, card face, to complete the look.
Inspiration for this card came from the Shaped Sketch Challenge in the Moxie Fab World...
and Jay Gee's Nook's Challenge #11.
Before I'm off to baking a loaf of banana bread for a kind and helpful neighbor (He hauled off all that brush, from our big storm, on his trailer, for us!), I'm thrilled to share that this layout made me a ColourQ Courtier.  Wohoo!  Thanks so much to Arielle and her talented team of designers!
Oh!  And I nearly forgot!  This morning, my littlest kept calling, "Come take a picture, Mommy!" from her bedroom; and when I walked in to check things out, this is what I found.  Too cute!  LOVE that she knows I love taking sweet pictures of her, too!
So sad about her poor, little knee!  She was playing Frisbee with one of our neighbors (Now, don't laugh.  I know that she's only two, but this girl is good!) and fell on their driveway; but after a little, tender, loving care, she's a new kid today :).  Anyway, thank you so much for stopping by!  And have a truly wonderful, work week!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Very Vintage Greetings (Wplus9) Paper: Daffodil Delight, Whisper White, yellow leafy, & yellow zig-zag (SU); distressed mustard (Basic Grey); yellow damask (Fancy Pants) Ink: More Mustard (SU) Other: white thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); Storybook & George & Basic Shapes Cricut cartridges & Cricut (Provo Craft); white seam binding ribbon (Zipper Stop); yellow button (SU); white string (Hobby Lobby); white tag (sei)

14 comments:

Jay Gee said...

Wow, I love the patchwork feel of this card and all the stitching is wonderful Jinny. Thank you for joining us at Jay Gee's :)

I hope you are feeling better - poison ivy - yuck! I have only ever seen it on TV, but people always seem to suffer terribly.

Cath said...

Hey Jinny! Thanks for linking this up to the Shaped Sketch Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Fiona said...

Jinny I ove that sweet sunny shaped card you created. And what awesomeness with all those baptisms - what wonderful things God must be doing in your part of the world. We see so few of them here any more - it is quite sad :(

Anonymous said...

Your card is really pretty, I love all the pieces stitched together, hugs meadie x x

Lynn said...

Jinny, this card is gorgeous! I love the different patterns...fabulous take on the challenges. Your little one is so sweet...she won't fit in the crib too much longer.

I hope your Monday is off to a better start than your weekend. Remind me when we get together to tell you about the poison ivy I had two weeks before I got married...not good! Hope you have some steroids to help it!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhh I hope you feel better soon and that this week is better for you! How amazing so many people were baptized! I loveeeeeeeeee your card! GORGEOUS colors! :):):):):):):):):):):)

Tenia Nelson said...

Gorgeous!!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

What a gorgeous card! LOVE the yellow shades! And I love the pics of your little one! Her knee matches mine! However, Olsen made me fall! LOL!

Amy said...

I'm not sure what pulls me in with the color yellow but this is utterly gorgeous! Great shaped card (I don't try these much) and stitching is perfect-o. Off to check out your dressy bow tut! :)

Lindsay said...

150?!! That is wonderful! I love hearing that! So sorry about the poison ivy, that stinks! This card, however, does not! GORGEOUS Jinny, so so pretty. I such a sucker for yellow and this is just fabulous!

coKo said...

Hi Jinny, your wonderful card inspired me this one (http://kartacoko.blogspot.com/2011/09/une-bibliotheque-est-une-chambre-damis.html).
Hope you'll like it ! And thank you for all your "how to" : they are a great help for me !
Hugs from France. coKo

Ruby said...

Aw that sounds awful. Hope you're feeling better now. Love the beautiful summery colours of your card, it's really pretty!

Ange Kelly said...

I always love your designs Jinny, and this no exception, simply gorgeous! thanks for playing along with us this month ... cheers Ange

E.T. said...

fabulous Jinny! I love this!