PDCC94 - Practicing Creativity

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Welcome to The Play Date Cafe's Challenge #94!
Our sponsor for this week is Practicing Creativity...
who so graciously gave each of us designers a set of stamps to play with.  Thank you, Courtney!  I received Another Year and came up with this, using that gorgeous, fudge, goldenrod, and teal color story from above.
I started this layout by using the bottom of a coffee mug to stamp, in Chocolate Chip ink, rings, randomly across the notebook, patterned, paper base; tearing a scrap piece of paper into the shape of a circle to frame the top portion of my picture; and stamping, in Not Quite Navy ink, the numbers, being sure to stamp, in Chocolate Chip ink, a circle around the 31.  After removing the torn, scrap piece, I stamped, in Summer Sun ink, the large, leaf image, both to the left of the picture and peeking in from the top of my layout and spritzed everything with Early Espresso and Not Quite Navy inks.
I then added a couple strips of color-coordinating, patterned papers, as well as a goldenrod Starter Strip, and anchored them, across their top edges, with brown-threaded, straight stitches.
After adhering my picture, I cut the partial, "31" title, from Early Espresso cardstock, using a template; wrapped the "1" with a brown Baker's Twine bow, strung with the stamped, in Chocolate Chip ink, on a hand-cut, Very Vanilla, cardstock banner, which had been distressed with Tea Dye and Antique Linen inks, completed, "look who's turning" title; and adhered each number, in their respective locations, with foam tape.
A goldenrod, 6/10/09, date label...
brown frame; yellow, camera sticker; and smattering of yellow gemstones, complete the look.
Now, it's your turn!  You have until the close of the day EST on Tuesday, August 16, 2011, to link up your creations over at the challenge link above.  Please be sure to also use that link to check out what the rest of this uber talented team has made with their Practicing Creativity goodies, as well as to find out what you're playing for this week.  Thanks so much for peeking in, and have a super, spectacular day!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Woodgrain Silhouettes Additions (Wplus9); Another Year (Practicing Creativity) Paper: Very Vanilla & Early Espresso (SU); notebook (Basic Grey); woodgrain (My Mind's Eye); teal circle pattern (K&Company); goldenrod Starter Strip (Sassafras) Ink: Chocolate Chip, Early Espresso, Summer Sun, & Not Quite Navy (SU); Tea Dye & Antique Linen (Ranger) Other: brown thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); brown Baker's Twine (AR Designs); foam tape (Scotch); number template (Best Occasions); yellow gemstones (Doodlebug Design); brown frame (Crate Paper); yellow camera sticker (October Afternoon); yellow date label (My Mind's Eye); Color Spritzer tool (SU)

17 comments:

Karen B. said...

Love what you've done with this stamp set!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is GORGEOUS Jinny! I loveeeeeeeeeeeeee the colors and loving all the circles! :):):):):):):):):):):):)

Libby Hickson said...

Love your page so much Jinny!! I know I've told you before but you are my scrapbooking IDOL - I so want to get going on my books, and CASE your entire blog!! :-)

~amy~ said...

I love love love your layout!!!!!

Lindsay said...

Oh my wow Jinny! I love these colors in a LO! What a fantastic page!!

anya said...

No you did not stamp the bottom of a COFFEE MUG! Oh goodness, I love the way your creative mind works! I love this layout, and it looks like I'll be adding another WPlus9 set to my wish list!

Arlene said...

This is a beautiful layout...love everything about this. :)

Andrea Ewen said...

Everywhere my eyes look, they see wonderfulness on your layout! The details are amazing and your photos are always so special. Awesome take on the colors...way to rock this challenge!

Laurie said...

I just love this layout! SO many great details! You are good at this you know? We need to have a little cropping time!!

ScrappyV said...

Oh, this is awesome! I always struggle to incorporate stamps into my scrap layouts--I usually only do cards. But this is inspiring! Beauty!

Donna Bowman said...

Love your layout! Great stamping!! Well done!

Marlena M. said...

Wow, the bottom of a coffee mug? That is so creative! I love your page! ;)

Lisa said...

Your page is absolutely wondeful! and a coffee mug...come on!!! What creativity :)

Fiona said...

Hey Jinny :) I love your layout - they always inspire me to want to sit down and scrapbook - maybe oneday soon!! Gorgeous use of the colours :)

Annemieke said...

i sooo love this lo!! The layerd papers and the stamps and the embellies.. Great!!
Annemieke

Colleen Dietrich said...

I think one day, there will be a Jinny Newlin Book of Layouts, I really do! You always do a fab job!

Mona L. Pendleton said...

What a fab LO Jinny! Adorable photos! Love the pretty patterned paper! Thanks for the inspiration!