PDCC95 - Avocado Arts

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

I cannot tell you all how much I love peeking into your worlds and checking out how our color stories have inspired you from week to week.  It is such a blessing!  Thank you for letting me be a part of your lives.  I also want to say thank you, from the bottom of my heart, to all of our faithful players who are kind enough to leave me love week after week.  I read and truly treasure every comment you all take the time out of your busy schedules to type and am beyond grateful.  With that said, welcome to The Play Date Cafe's Challenge #95!
Our sponsor for this week is Avocado Arts.
Ya'll, I have so many pictures that need to go into 2-pagers and simply don't create them enough.  Well, I just cannot keep denying those gorgeous memories.  So, here is what that navy, bubblegum, and green leaf color story from above inspired me to create.
I started this layout by stenciling the floral pattern, with Ivory White acrylic paint, on the Crumb Cake, cardstock, base pages, which were, in turn, distressed with Tea Dye and Antique Linen inks.
I then adhered the green damask, navy and pink stamp, and punched, pink, polka dot, patterned papers in their respective locations; machine stitched with navy-threaded, straight stitches, a double row the horizontal length of the bottom of the punched, pink, polka dot strips, as well as around the edges of the navy and pink, stamp, patterned paper.
My photos were adhered, in quartets, to pieces of Night of Navy cardstock; positioned in the bottom inside corners of the layout; and strategically numbered with circular stickers.
The numbers refer to my journaling in the bottom left corner of the left side of the layout...
which reads, 1) Riding bikes with Jenna.  2) Being silly with Grandma.  3) Watching Grandpa and Grandma work on the foundation for the barn.  4) Lounging around and being beautiful.  5) Going places.
The "SPRING BREAK FUN @ GRANDMA'S" title was created with pink, block alphas; wood letters, one of which was wrapped with a length of Blossom Twine and tied in a bow; a kraft, hardcover Thicker; and green alphas, which were anchored with messy, navy-threaded, straight, machine stitches, tied off, in knots, to the front of the layout.
The right side of the layout...
boasts a MARCH date card, upon which I circled the 16th and journaled, Emporia, KS 2009.  A couple of pink, velvet, embellished flowers complete the look.
Now it's your turn!  You have until the close of the day EST, on Tuesday, August 23, 2011, to link up your takes over at the challenge link above.  Don't forget to also use that link to see what you're playing for this week, as well as to check out all the beautiful creations from the rest of the team.  Thanks so much for stopping by, and have a fantastic day!

{Supplies & Tools}
Paper: Crumb Cake & Night of Navy (SU); green damask (Basic Grey); pink polka dot (Clover); navy and pink stamp (Sassafras) Ink: Basic Black (SU); Tea Dye & Antique Linen (Ranger) Other: navy thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); Threading Water Border punch (Fiskars); pink alphas, green MARCH date card, number stickers, & floral stencil (Jenni Bowlin); Blossom Twine (The Twinery); wood alphas (Pink Paislee); kraft hardcover Thicker (American Crafts); green alphas (Basic Grey); pink velvet flowers (Maya Road); Ivory White acrylic paint (Folk Art)

12 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is BEAUTIFUL Jinny! I loveeeeeeee the photos and loving that background! :):):):):):):):):):):):)

Tracey said...

What a lot of work stenciling Jinny!!! BUT so worth it, wow this LO is AMAZING!!! LOVE it!!!

Lindsay said...

AWESOME awesome Jinny! Seriously, your LO's make me want to print off every pic I own and scrap! Then reality hits! HA!

Denise said...

Cutie kids! The layout is incredible - and the navy stitching is a perfect touch. HUGS

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OH MY GOOOODNESS! Stenciling!!! Wow--you have knocked me out of my chair and blown me away! LOOOOOOOVE this LO! Great use of the photos and colors--fab job!

Julie Day said...

Your layouts are always a visual treat Jinny! One of these days I'm going to get back into scrapbooking lol Love your stenciling on the layout, it really makes the background pop! All the little details are fab, love it :)

Lisa said...

Wonderful Jinny! Thanks so much for sharing this sweet layout with us. The stitching is super!

E.T. said...

looks fabulous!

Marlena M. said...

Awesome stenciling! Beautiful pictures. I love the addition of the calendar, it's a great idea. ;)

Colleen Dietrich said...

Great stenciling, Jinny! ANd I love how your kids' clothing helps carry out the color challenge theme, as well as your accents.

Andrea Ewen said...

Oh, my that stenciling...WOW! You are so talented and so creative! Love your layout and the pictures are always so fitting! Beautiful!

Ruby said...

Gorgeous Jinny! I love how you've numbered the pics and then done the journalling to match, lovely LO!