Sketchy Thursdays & CCG #203

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Good afternoon!  Well, we've been promised, by our contractor, that tomorrow he will have his part of our bathroom remodel completed.  Although, we were also promised that same thing for today by the project manager.  Who knows?!  I give up, but I'm uber excited to get in there and paint.  And lucky us, because a 30% off all paints and stains coupon, at Sherwin Williams, just came in the mail today!  Talk about perfect timing!  Oh!  And lucky me, because my hubby is letting me paint it In the Pink with no complaint!  Woohoo!
Okay, enough about that.  LOL!  How about a layout?
I started this layout by spritzing a piece of neutral, polka dot, patterned paper with Jack Frost Glimmer Mist, as well as a little, Taken With Teal ink, and splatter painting with watered-down, Winter White, acrylic paint.  I then adhered and machine stitched, with white-threaded, zig-zag stitches, around the edges of both turquoise, and teal, heart, patterned papers and anchored them, across their bottom edge, with a punched strip of soft teal, floral, patterned paper, which, in turn, was secured, across its top edge, with a double row of white-threaded, straight, machine stitches.  The jagged, aqua circle was cut from the edges of a floral die-cut and anchored with more, white-threaded, straight, machine stitches, before being dressed up with a kraft doily and glittered butterfly (which is catching a funny light below.  I promise there is no green in its wings).
I then layered a lacy transparency over the circular elements and turquoise, patterned paper...
before adhering my photographs, the far right of which had been labeled with the Dec. 29, '08, date label and wrapped, three times, in a length of Cappuccino Twine, which was laced through a turquoise button and tied, in a bow, near the picture's left edge.
My "5 minutes 2 playtime" title was created from a vintage, number card; lots of color-coordinating alphas, the latter of which were anchored with even more, white-threaded, messy stitches, tied off, to the front of the layout, at either end; and a kraft, chip number.
A punched, from aqua, text, patterned paper, photo corner, which I did a little doodling on with Basic Black ink; a few punched, from Whisper White cardstock, clouds; and Crumb Cake, cardstock, journaling strips, which read, We are so lucky 2 live just around the corner from our favorite park.  Plus, you look just the cutest all bundled up and ready 4 a stroll and LOVE 2 go 4 walks!, complete the look.
Inspiration for this layout came from Sketchy Thursday's current sketch...
and Color Combos Galore's Inspiration Board #203.
Thanks so much for stopping by, and please don't forget that you have until the close of tonight EST to link up your takes on the current Challenge #93 over at The Play Date Cafe.  Can't wait to see what you all have been up to!  Then, I'll see you all back here, late tomorrow, for a brand new, masculine color story to try your hand at.  Until then, have a wonderful evening and an even more amazing morning, ya'll!

{Supplies & Tools}
Paper: Whisper White, Crumb Cake, turquoise, & teal heart (SU); soft teal floral (My Mind's Eye); aqua text (BoBunny); neutral polka dot (lily bee design) Ink: Taken With Teal & Basic Black (SU) Other: white thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); foam tape (Scotch); Cloud punch (Fiskars); edger punch (EK Success); Photo Corner punch, Color Spritzer tool, & turquoise button (SU); Cappuccino Twine (The Twinery); date label & kraft chip number (7 Gypsies); glittered butterfly (K&Company); lace transparency (My Mind's Eye); kraft doily (Maya Road); vintage number card (Cosmo Cricket); aqua glitter & teal polka dot alphas (Making Memories); teal letters & jagged aqua circle die-cut (Sassafras); Jack Frost Glimmer Mist (Tattered Angels); Winter White acrylic paint (FolkArt)

14 comments:

Lynn said...

Jinny, you need to send your scrap booking mojo my way! Such an adorable layout...I need to get back to my pictures!

corrie said...

Jinny, this is great! I love the misting and the butterfly and the adorable pictures! Thanks for playing with Sketchy Thursdays!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

OMYGOODNESS!! I loveeeeeeeee this Jinny! I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeee those photos, the misting and the clouds!! Thanks soooooooooo much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays! :):):):):):):):):):)

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

BEAUTIFUL LO!! I love when you stitch on your letters--and what a super cute color combo!!!

mindy gallagher said...

Super cute layout Jinny! And I love that color for the paint :D Best of luck with contractors!!!

Terri said...

Great bathroom color and layout too. Love all the different elements and the baby is a cutie! Thanks for stopping by my blog too!

Linda Beeson said...

SOOOOO sweet! What adorable photos and super cute accents everywhere.

Lindsay said...

Seriously amazing LO Jinny! I just love your pages, they are so well done!

Marlena M. said...

I love love love that wittle expression! It just MOVES me...LOL, it's been a long time since my girls had that scrunched up facey, as if they'd eaten a bug. ;)

Gorgeous, detailed page. I love that butterfly added.

Christina said...

I know I've said it before, but I need you to come over and work your magic on my scrapbook albums! I could just stare at this all day. Your attention to detail is incredible!

Jennifer Moore said...

Love the clouds and butterfly. Very nice layout.

Faye said...

Beautiful, Jinny, but that's quite a complicated layout! You did a beautiful job with it.

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

You WON!!!! http://casestudychallenge.blogspot.com/2011/08/anniversary-blog-hop-winners.html

Diana Fisher said...

Love your page, Jinny. And all the fun extra details makes it amazing!! Love this and so glad you played along with ST! :)