Sketchy Thursdays & ColourQ #95

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Good afternoon!  It's an absolutely gorgeous, 84-degree day in my neck of the woods!  We've had lots of rain this week, so everything is a bit damp and muddy, but I'll take this kind of weather any day over the heat wave this summer has brought to Kansas.  Unfortunately, with rain comes humidity; and combined, they're keeping our newly textured, bathroom ceiling damp.  So, I'm still waiting to paint, but the contractors are officially out and on their way.  Well, they still have to come replace the bathtub faucet; but it feels so good not to have anyone invading my space, with dirt and filth and grumpiness, any longer.  Boy!  He sure was a grumpy, old man!  LOL!  Oh!  And the funniest thing (Well, maybe it's not so funny.  Really, it's sad.), when his wife called, his phone rang, "Ding.  Dong.  The witch is dead.  The wicked witch is dead," from The Wizard of Oz.  I'm not joking!  Ugh!  So, glad we can move on with life.  Anyway, I'll get some pictures posted, hopefully, early next week with more of the progress we make ourselves.  So, anyway, how about a layout?
I started this layout by, haphazardly, adhering a couple of patterned papers, including a punched strip, as well as a vintage postcard and large, teal, journaling card, to my distressed, cardstock, base page and machine stitching, with aqua-threaded, straight stitches, to anchor them all.
After adhering my photographs, I tucked a 3.19.10, date tab, as well as a punched, down its left edge, piece of notebook, patterned paper, under their far left edge and used the latter to journal, There's nothing like a wrestling session with Daddy to express how much love you share.
White, doily and teal, "DON'T FORGET" die-cuts, both adhered with foam tape, round out the bottom left corner of the design.
Turning your eye to the top right corner, I stamped the medallion image, in Chocolate Chip ink, on Whisper White cardstock; dressed it up with a little Green Tea and Paradise, acrylic paints, as inspired by Kerry Lynn Yeary in her Tutorial Tuesday post on the JBS Mercantile Blog; hand cut it out; tucked it under the far right photograph's top right corner; and drew the attention closer to it with a black, "100% pure love", die-cut tag, laced with a length of white string.
My "True love" title was created from aqua, glitter alphas and black, fabric letters.
Finally, I machine stitched, with aqua-threaded, straight stitches, a couple of leftover, paper strips and dressed them up with a white tag, laced with white string, popped up with foam tape, and tied in with a black, fabric heart.
Inspiration for this layout came from Sketchy Thursdays' current sketch...
and ColourQ's Challenge #98.
Thanks so much for dropping by!  I'll be back, late tonight, with a brand new challenge from The Play Date Cafe.  Until then, have a wonderful Wednesday!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Medallion (Jenni Bowlin) Paper: Whisper White (SU); aqua (Core'dinations); green gingham (Cosmo Cricket); aqua & teal stripe (Sassafras); woodgrain (My Mind's Eye); notebook (Basic Grey) Ink: Basic Black & Chocolate Chip (SU) Other: aqua thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); Threading Water Border punch (Fiskars); Spiral punch (SU); date tab & "100% pure love" die-cut (Leaving Prints); white doily die-cut (GDC); "DON'T FORGET" die-cut (Pink Paislee); black fabric letters & heart (Prima); aqua glitter alphas (Making Memories); teal journaling card (American Crafts); postcard (Jenni Bowlin); white tag (sei); white string (Hobby Lobby); Green Tea & Paradise acrylic paints (Delta Creative); foam tape (Scotch)

9 comments:

Lindsay said...

Oh wow! I can't imagine having such a grouchy worker in my home! I hope you get to paint soon. This LO is FANTASTIC Jinny!! I just don't know how you make a LO that awesome with so few colors! You are amazing!

{ Scrappiness } said...

What a wonderful LO Jinny!! I loved the color and the sweet details you used!!
Kisses, kisses!!
Vanessa

Sylvia said...

Wonderful layout, Jinny! Love all the details. Wonderful pictures. I have missed your projects! Thanks for joining us at the ColourQ this week.

Christina said...

I love the eclectic look to this page. Just the perfect mix of elements, and you always find the greatest photos to work with the challenge colors! Beautiful page, Jinny! Thanks for joining us again this week at the ColourQ!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Glad the contractors done! Can't wait to see the pics! I loveeeeeeeeeeeee your lo! LOVING the photos and the colors and all the details you put into each creation of yours! Thanks soooooooooooooooo much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays! :):):):):):):):):):):)

papertrails leaver said...

What a dun layout and love that you captured this moment forever! Greta use of papers and embellishments!

papertrails leaver said...

Okay sorry about that! I meant Fun! And Great! I ge carried away on the iPad with typing!

Renée said...

I love this layout! So many fun details!!! Thanks for playing with us at ColourQ :)

lynn said...

the witch is dead!--oh my--funny to me, wonder if she knows?! beautiful work with the color challenge, jinny:)