Weekend Snapshots

Monday, August 15, 2011

So, I just had to pop in here today and share a few pictures from our busy weekend.  We stayed up late, Friday night (I might should say Saturday morning.), applying adhesive and placing our bathroom tiles.
The glue took much longer to dry than we had anticipated, so we didn't get to the grouting until late Saturday night, which, again, took us into the wee hours of Sunday morning, but look at that gorgeous floor!  I'm so stinkin' excited, and didn't my hubby, with the help of his ever so faithful assistant (That's me!), do such a fabulous job?!
On Sunday, it was another waiting game, so we wisely put our time to use continuing the work on the expansion of our patio.
We also had a sick, little one to take care of.  She's been running a temperature all weekend and kept us up lots having to use the potty.  Ugh!  Poor thing!
Needless to say, between the hard work and lack of sleep, my hubby and I are exhausted, but work and school call.  So, we're back to the grindstone.  Oh!  And I also found a little time to make these scrumptious Cheesecake-Stuffed Peaches, which I found the recipe for in my August 2011 issue of  Better Homes and Gardens, and just had to share with you all!  Mmmmmm!
Cheesecake-Stuffed Peaches
6 peaches, halved and pitted (I only had four.  Thus, the overflow of yummy goodness :).)
1/4 cup butter, melted
3 Tbsp. cinnamon sugar
1/2 of an 8-oz. pkg. cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup sugar
1 egg yolk
1-1/2 tsp. vanilla

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Line a 15x10x1-inch baking pan with parchment paper; set aside.  Trim a very thin slice from the round side of each peach half, so halves stand flat on the baking pan.  Dip peach halves in melted butter to coat.  Arrange peach halves, cut sides up, in prepared pan.  Sprinkle cut sides of peaches with cinnamon-sugar; set aside.  In a medium mixing bowl beat cream cheese with a mixer on medium speed until smooth.  Add sugar, egg yolk, and vanilla.  Beat until combined.  Spoon cream cheese mixture into peach centers.  Bake, uncovered, about 30 minutes or until lightly browned and softened.  Serve warm or at room temperature.  Enjoy!

Finally, look what arrived in my mailbox today from the sweet Savannah O'Gwynn!  I saw these super, fun, scratch and sniff alphas, on her blog, a couple of weeks ago and was in awe.  I'd never seen them before, and she was gracious enough to send me a few packages to play with.  Thank you so much, Sav!  LOVE them!  You're the best!
And thanks so much, to you all, for stopping by to check on me!  I hope you all have a fantastic work week!

3 comments:

Colleen Dietrich said...

She looks awfully adorable for being sick! LOL Your house projects are coming along so nicely. :) I love how (is it your hubby?) your name is on the back of that athletic shirt in the pic! Sweet of Sav to send you goodies. SHe's a doll.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

The home projects are coming along nicely! i loveeeeee the photos, and hoping baby girl is feeling better now! And LOVING your happy mail! :):):):):):):):):):)

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

Just got around to checking my RSS feeder--and saw something that I recognized:) LOL! LOOOOOOOOOVE sending friends gifts--hope you like them! Did your envelope smell like grape, strawberry, chocolate slushie??? MMMM!

As for your home projects---looks like everything is coming along! THANKS for sharing the updates--I love watching transformations of rooms, houses, restaurants, etc. I don't like going through them--I like the final product though:)