Wplus9 August Release Sneak Peek: Day 4

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Welcome back for Wplus9 Design's August Release Sneak Peek: Day 4!  Tomorrow is the big reveal/group post day, but today, we're showing off a bit more from Very Vintage Greetings and its coordinating, Label Layers 3 die.  Plus, while it seems that most of you are card makers, I so don't want to overlook any of you scrappers this month, and I promised a layout in yesterday's post.  So, I'm here, today, to deliver.
I started this layout by stamping the flower image, in Ivory White acrylic paint, around the edges of a square of teal, floral, patterned paper, as well as near the top right corner of the pink, textured, cardstock base, which had been distressed with Tea Dye and Antique Linen inks; adhering that piece of teal, floral, patterned paper, slightly at an angle, in the bottom right corner of the base page; and machine stitching, with white-threaded, straight stitches, around its edges.
I then trimmed the bottom of a piece of aqua and pink, polka dot, patterned paper with a punched strip of pink, damask, patterned paper; adhered it, haphazardly, across the bottom left side of the previous piece; and machine stitched, with white-threaded, straight stitches, around three of its edges and, with white-threaded, zig-zag stitches, between the length of its unstitched side and the punched, patterned, paper strip.
After adhering pictures, I added a little, teal, sticker label in which I journaled the November 1, 2008 date and a couple of punched, from that previously used, pink, damask, patterned paper, photo corners.
The "GRANDPA'S DELIGHT" title was created from aqua, glitter alphas, which were anchored with messy, white-threaded, straight stitches, tied off to either side of the word itself, and kraft, hardcover Thickers.
I dressed up the stamped flower, near the top right corner of the layout, with strips of aqua and pink, polka dot, and punched, pink, damask, patterned papers; anchored them with both white-threaded, straight and zig-zag, machine stitches; and completed the whole look with an aqua, paper rose and teal "precious" tag.
Finally, I stamped the "I'LL ALWAYS love you" subtitle, in Taken With Teal ink, on a Whisper White, cardstock die-cut, which had been distressed with Tea Dye and Antique Linen inks; stamped, in Baja Breeze ink, with the frame image; adhered, with foam tape, between the left-side pictures; and embellished with both white, lacy and turquoise, paper flowers
Well, ya'll, we have one more day of designs coming your way tomorrow, and I so hope that you'll come back and join in the fun.  Before I run and you all are off to check out the rest of the Design Team's creations, I wanted to take a minute to thank you all profusely for all the sweet comments, love, and encouragement you've left me throughout this release.  I'm beyond thrilled that you are just as excited about this month's goodies as I am!  And thank you so much for stopping by my little corner of the web!

Cristina Kowalczyk
Dawn Woleslagle
Elise Durenberger
Kerrianne Gwin
Savitri Wilder

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Very Vintage Greetings (Wplus9) Paper: pink (Bazzill); teal floral & aqua & pink polka dot (My Mind's Eye); pink damask (Basic Grey) Ink: Baja Breeze, Close to Cocoa, & Taken With Teal (SU); Tea Dye & Antique Linen (Ranger) Other: white thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); Label Layers 3 die (Wplus9); Big Shot (Sizzix); Scallop & Corner punches (SU); paper roses (Prima); foam tape (Scotch); white lacy flower (Maya Road); "precious" sticker & aqua alphas (Making Memories); kraft hardcover Thickers (American Crafts); label sticker (My Mind's Eye); Ivory White acrylic paint (FolkaArt)

8 comments:

Elise said...

Jinnyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy! This is SUCH a gorgeous L/O - GOODNESS, GRACIOUS! What a treasure! I love it, I want to hold it, and rock it, and KEEP it! Oh, GRANDPA - what a cutie! Your family is SO blessed! I cannot stop starring at the beauty of this creation - you took those stamps OVER the rainbow - GOSH, girly - you ROCKED this release! Super, super, super - YEEE HAW!

Kerrianne said...

This is so soft & sweet - I just love the layout and how you layered up all the goodies! You truly are a **Queen** of scrapbooking Jinny!

Wendy said...

This is beautiful, Jinny.

Dawn said...

OMG, they embossed Zinnias peeking out from behind the pictures are amazing! I always look forward to seeing your layouts, thanks for another stunner!

anya said...

An amazing layout, Jinny! You have included so many fabulous details! I am envious of your pretty, even stitching! :)

Indy said...

Beautiful layout. I love that you used the Very Vintage Greeting set on a scrapbook page. I get so focused on cards that I forget ways to incorporate into other projects.

Cristina said...

I'm going to start calling you our layout girl. I love it when you do scrapbook pages. So much to learn from you!

lynn said...

just one gorgeous page, jinny! love all of your beautiful details:)