All Eyes On... Season of Thanks

Monday, September 19, 2011

Welcome to Wplus9 Design's September All Eyes On... Season of Thanks!  I cannot tell you all how thrilled I am to have the hot, sticky, summer weather behind us and the cool, dry, fall air settling in for a time.  Living in Kansas gives us such a beautiful view of all four seasons and never allows life to get boring.  LOVE it!  But fall has always been my favorite time of year.  So, I was thrilled to put this gorgeous stamp set to use to create this.
I started this card by stamping the acorns, pumpkin, and leaf, haphazardly, in Close to Cocoa, Chocolate Chip, Pumpkin Pie, Really Rust, Ruby Red, and Elegant Eggplant inks, across a piece of Crumb Cake cardstock.  I then stamped their postage stamp frames, from Spring Post, in White ink, around them and machine stitched the prepped piece, with brown-threaded, straight, machine stitches, to a piece of polka dot embossed, Very Vanilla cardstock.
The embossed piece also received a brown-threaded, straight, machine-stitch frame, as well as the stamped, in Chocolate Chip ink, "HAPPY Thanksgiving" sentiment, before being adhered to the Ruby Red, cardstock, card face.
A length of gingham ribbon, wrapped around the card face; tied, in a bow, just left of center; and embellished with a Pure Poppy button, laced with a hemp twine bow...
make this card gift ready.
I hope you found a little inspiration, for your own fall projects, here today and that you'll stop by, not only all of our talented designers' blogs to see what they've done with this gorgeous stamp set, but also by the stamp link below to see all the beautiful images Season of Thanks has to offer.  Thanks so much for peeking in!

Cristina Kowalczyk
Dawn Woleslagle
Elise Durenberger
Jean Martin
Kerrianne Gwin
Lea Lawson
Savitri Wilder

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Season of Thanks & Spring Post (Wplus9) Paper: Ruby Red, Very Vanilla, & Crumb Cake (SU) Ink: White, Chocolate Chip, Ruby Red, Elegant Eggplant, Pumpkin Pie, Really Rust, & Close to Cocoa (SU) Other: brown thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); polka dot embossing folder (SU);  Big Shot (Sizzix); Pure Poppy button (PTI); gingham ribbon & hemp twine (Hobby Lobby)

10 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wowwwwwwww! Jinny, this is GORGEOUS! I loveeeeee those stamps and the ribbon! :):):):):):):):):):):)

Pauline said...

This is so beautiful!! I love the autumnal shades, and the postage stamped frames, gorgeous!

Santhosh Kumar. S said...

Beautiful cards. Love the designs and colors. And ha.. please do checkout my handmade cards at www.eigth.in

Lynn said...

Love how you created a border with the stamp image. Gorgeous!

Lindsay said...

Gorgeous gorgeous card Jinny! LOVE those leaves, so pretty!

Elise said...

Ohhhhhh, DEAR! Do I have fall inspiration - YOU bet, sweet one! I'm SOOOOO sistad-up with you on all of the above, 'cept that I'm longing for that cool, crisp weather... {Boo hoo!} But, this card is going to keep me cool AND inspired for the day! I LOVE IT!!!!! Such a terrific pairing of sets and your ink work, MEOW! Just makes me LOVE our sport, all the more! THANKS for the OUTSTANDING inspo! xoxoxo!

anya said...

Jinny, I love the way you've stamped these images into the postage stamp frames! Those little acorns are so cute! Great card!

Lea L. said...

This is so pretty, Jinny! I love how you've used this set with the postage stamp, and the embossing in the background is a perfect touch! Great job!!

Sonia said...

Cute :)

Patrice said...

Love that stamp frame!