Card Patterns Sketch 133 & Tuesday Trigger: Delightfully Random

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Hey, ya'll!  I know that I'm not being very regular with my postings as of lately.  I'm so sorry!  Life has been keeping me running!  But my hubby made it home, from his work trip, safe and sound, and we just couldn't be happier.  Now, we're preparing for a week-long, family vacation to the Black Hills in South Dakota; so, things have gotten a little hectic and will probably get a bit quieter around here, before they pick up again.  I hope you don't mind and will hang in there with me.  I do have a pretty, little number, for you all, today, though.  And I'll be back, later tonight, with a brand new color story, from The Play Date Cafe, that couldn't be more perfect for fall.
I started this card by adhering the strips of floral, patterned paper to my Whisper White, cardstock, card base, which had been lightly distressed with Tea Dye and Antique Linen inks.  I then machine-stitched, with red-threaded, straight stitches, the length of each rectangle's top and bottom edges and tied their ends, in knots, to the front of the card face, before stamping the "Sending my love" sentiment, in Basic Black ink, in the bottom right corner.
A length of white, seam binding ribbon was then wrapped around the center of the card face; tied, in a dressy bow, near the left edge; and embellished with a Pure Poppy button, laced with a Baker's Twine bow, as well as a stamped, in Ivory White, acrylic paint, on clear cardstock, postage stamp, which was laced with more Baker's Twine and thread behind the button.
The pocket was cut from a scrap piece of red, gingham, patterned paper; machine stitched, around its edges, with white-threaded, straight stitches; and topped with a triangular piece of Whisper White cardstock, which was stamped, in Barely Banana, Tempting Turquoise, and Mellow Moss inks, with the flower image, which also happened to received a smattering of glitter; ink distressed across its top edge; and machine-stitched, with white-threaded, straight stitches, the length of two of its sides, before being adhered, with foam tape, to the right of the embellished bow.  I then filled it with punched from Whisper White cardstock, ink distressed, and glittered hearts, floating up out of its top.
A length of white lace and stamped, in Tempting Turquoise ink, on Tempting Turquoise cardstock, heart were clipped to the right edge of the pocket with a mini clothespin...
to complete the look.
Inspiration for this card came from Card Patterns' Sketch 133, which I rotated 90 degrees to the right...
and the Tuesday Trigger: Delightfully Random in the Moxie Fab World.  I was completely drawn to the colors, as well as that little, gingham pocket.  Plus, delightfully random just seems to suite me most days :).
Okay, ya'll!  I'm off to baking some French Bread for dinner.  Have a wonderful evening, and I hope to see you all back here later tonight.  Be blessed!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Very Vintage Greetings - flower, Mehndi Medallions - sentiment, & Spring Post - postage stamp (Wplus9); Vegtastic (Paper Smooches) Paper: Whisper White, Tempting Turquoise, & all patterned (SU) Ink: Tempting Turquoise, Barely Banana, Mellow Moss, & Basic Black (SU); Tea Dye & Antique Linen (Ranger) Other: red & white thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); foam tape (Scotch); A Pocketful die (Wplus9); Big Shot (Sizzix); Dazzling Diamonds & 1/16" Handheld Circle punch (SU); mini clothespin (Canvas Corp.); Pure Poppy button & clear cardstock (PTI); Baker's Twine (Clean Country Paper Supplies); white seam binding ribbon (Zipper Stop); white lace (Hobby Lobby); Ivory White acrylic pant (FolkArt); heart punch (EK Success)

14 comments:

Lynn said...

Jinny, your layering amazes me! I think I would need more than a night to learn that from you :) but I am really looking forward to meeting you tomorrow!

anya said...

Adorable! I love the gingham pocket full of hearts! That is such a cute idea. Love the other bits, too - that little clothespin, the big fancy bow and the acetate stamp! Such a great card, Jinny!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is BEAUTIFUL! I loveeeeeeee the colors and the hearts! And yayyyyyyyy for hubby being home! :):):):):):):):):):):)

Romaine said...

Love the yummy colours and papers!

Becky Dunham said...

This is so gorgeous Jinny! Talk about random - I need to learn this technique :)

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OHHH! Another fabulous creation--love that paper and your stamps...that bow is FAB! I have watched your video three times--I CANNNNNOT get it! Maybe I should just hire you to make some for me;)

Evelin said...

I absolutely love this! The card is packed with so much lovelies! :D

lynn said...

each of your cards and pages are little works of art! love the painted acrylic stamp!

Linda Beeson said...

Oh my goodness, your details are amazing! How did you include so many really cute things on one card! And great use of the Trigger too. Have fun on your trip, my sister lives in that area.

Colleen Dietrich said...

This card is a perfect example of what I love about your work, and what you are so very good at: there are many small details included and all in a perfect way. Little clothespin, snippets of lace/ribbons, tiny hearts, stitching...and they all comingle so beautifully. I WISH I could do this! My brain tends to think too 'cleanly'! LOL

Jingle said...

This is so pretty! I love the various elements that you have brought together!

Elise said...

YOU
ARE
KILLING
ME!
But I mean that in a VERY good way! WOWEEEEE, Jinny! THIS is beyond STUNNING! My head is shaking with delight - WOW! I sure am glad you were inspired to create with this sketch and share your GLORIOUS output with Card Patterns... Yee Haw!

Anne said...

This is probably one of the most beautiful cards I have ever seen, I just love it !

Cath said...

Hey Jinny! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)