DYSU: Duo Challenge

Monday, September 26, 2011

I hope you've all gotten your week off to a good start!  As you're reading this, I'm camping, with my family, in Custer State Park and probably just leaving the Buffalo Roundup to get some lunch.  Can't wait to share pics!  But, for now, I've got another, Thanksgiving beauty for you all to feast your eyes upon.
I started this card by trimming the bottom of a piece of Very Vanilla cardstock, which had its top corners rounded, with a pleated strip of cranberry, damask, patterned paper; filled the space between them with a strip of Cherry Cobbler cardstock; and machine stitched, with ivory-threaded, straight stitches, the length of its top and bottom edges.
I then wrapped a length of brown, polka dot, sheer ribbon around the strip of Cherry Cobbler cardstock; tied it, in a bow, near the left edge of the card face; and embellished it with a crystal flourish; a green button, laced with brown Baker's Twine; and a duo of stamped, in Pumpkin Pie ink, hand-cut, and glittered leaves.
Finally, I stamped the "HAPPY Thanksgiving" sentiment, in Chocolate Chip ink, just above the Cherry Cobbler, cardstock strip and near the right edge of the Very Vanilla cardstock...
before adhering the prepped piece, with foam tape, to the Old Olive, cardstock, card face, which had its top corners rounded.
I'm linking this one up to Do You Stack Up?'s Challenge #38: Duo.
Thanks so much for stopping by, bloggers!  Be blessed!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Season of Thanks (Wplus9) Paper: Old Olive, Cherry Cobbler, Very Vanilla, & cranberry damask (SU) Ink: Chocolate Chip & Pumpkin Pie (SU) Other: ivory thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); dimensionals (Scotch); brown polka dot sheer ribbon (Hobby Lobby); Baker's Twine (AR Designs); green button & Dazzling Diamonds (SU); crystal flourish (Zva Creative)

9 comments:

Lindsay said...

Ohhh, I love this Jinny! The details and that ruffle, superb!

lynn said...

just darling, jinny!

Dawn said...

Gorgeous Jinny! I got my issue of CARDS today, always so happy to see your wonderful creations in it! ;)

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

SUPER pretty! LOVE the pleated papers--CONGRATS on the pubs!! Always fun to see what your name in print:)

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

That should say "It's always fun to see your name in print!" I was doing two things at once-I'm so sorry! LOL!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

So BEAUTIFUL! I loveeeeee those leaves and the pleated paper! :):):):):):):):):):):)

anya said...

Look at that sassy ruffle! Love the way the top is all business and the bottom all fancy fun! The rhinestone swirl and those gorgeous sparkly leaves are such perfect touches!

sandi said...

Wow Jinny this is just beautiful! Love the folded paper and the swirl...all brought together so nicely!

Elise said...

I smellz me some PUMPKIN SPICE - this IS delicious, sweet girl! BEAUTIFULLLLL!