MFW: Square Sketch Challenge

Friday, September 16, 2011

Hey, ya'll!  What a week it has been around my house!  Most of you know that my hubby is away for work.  He's in San Antonio, Texas.  So, it has been utter craziness here!  Adina has been sick with a cold all week, so there've been a lot of sleepless nights, with having to unclog a stuffy nose or go potty or find her lovie or put a blanket on or off due to being cold or hot.  I'm telling you, the list could go on and on.  Fortunately, for me, I don't sleep very well, when BJ is away anyway.  So, most of the time, I was already awake.  Ugh!

Then, this morning, my son came outside to show me how he did on his first science worksheet.  Adina and I were outside, playing in my gardens.  They look so sad between the severely hot summer we had and the tree that fell on one of them, during one of our big storms, back here.  Anyway, I digress.  On his way back into the house, he slipped on the kitchen rug and caught himself, on the floor, with his upper lip and nose.  He said that it all just happened so fast that he didn't have time to put his hands out to catch himself.  Poor thing!

Anyway, we're so lost without my hubby around!  I hate to cook, because there's no one to eat it all up or tell me how yummy it is.  And my creative mojo has gone on hiatus!  I do most of my creating after the kiddos have gone to bed, and lately, I've been so tired, that I just want to go straight to bed or soak in the tub or veg in front of the television.  It's so sad, guys!  We miss him so much, even though he drives me crazy sometimes!  So, here's a card, that I made just for him, late last night, when I couldn't sleep.  Hopefully, it's not too shamefully mojo-less.
I started this card by stamping the flower's center, in Only Orange ink, on a piece of Whisper White cardstock.  I then stamped the petals first in Daffodil Delight ink all the way around the center and then in Real Red ink in their gaps.  If you stamp in the lighter shade first, there's less likely the chance that you'll transfer any ink from your previously stamped images to your ink pad.  The flower's center was filled in with a stamped, in Real Red ink, and glittered heart.
I then stamped the "i miss you" sentiment, in Basic Black ink, near the top left corner and overlapping the stamped petals, before adhering the prepped piece to the Basic Black, cardstock, card face and machine stitching, with black-threaded, straight stitches, around its edges...
to complete the look.  Edited to add:  Oh!  And that little, purple squiggly really is there.  I didn't even notice it until after these pictures were posted, but I double checked with the original, and it is.  Sigh.  That's the risk I take letting my daughter create, with me, in my creative space.  Gotta love her!
Inspiration for this card came from the Square Sketch Challenge in the Moxie Fab World.
My kiddos and I had a nice conversation, at lunch, over hot cocoa with marshmallows and a fat lip and swollen nose, about whether we're vertebrates or invertebrates.  You should hear a two-year-old say, "vertebrates".  LOL!  So, I think that things are back to normal, for now, after our morning trauma, but here's hoping we all survive until his homecoming late tomorrow night.  We love and miss you so much, Baby!  And thanks, to you all, for peeking in!  Have a wonderful weekend! 

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Funky Foliage - flower parts & sentiment & Sweet Nothings - heart (Wplus9) Paper: Basic Black & Whisper White (SU) Ink: Real Red, Daffodil Delight, Only Orange, & Basic Black (SU) Other: black thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); Dazzling Diamonds (SU)

11 comments:

Dawn said...

That made the coolest pattern! Just awesome Jinny.

lynn said...

bless your hearts--hopefully the weekend makes up all of that:) great stamping on your sketch card, jinny!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Awwwwwww poor Mama and kids too!! :( I hope all is back to normal soon!! I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeee that card!! LOVING that design and the colors too! :):):):):):):):):):):)

Denise said...

Oh Jinny, you deserve a pedicure... something just for you. Abigail has also been sick all week and it has been so difficult... I also fall into bed at night exhausted and stamping falls by the wayside. Take the time you need each day to find balance... your hubs will be home soon!

Ohh, and I {love} the card! LOVE it! ;)

sandi said...

Your card is by no means mojoless...it shows your heart and is just fab! Love it!
Hugs to you!

Lindsay said...

OMGooorgeousness! I love this card Jinny! The colors and the fabulous stamping! Awesome!

Marlena M. said...

This is sooo cool! ;)

Glenda J said...

Great colours on this fun card!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OHHH! Super gorgeous--LOVE your stamping! I totally need to play along with this challenge! LOVE:)

Cath said...

Hey Jinny! Thanks for linking this up to the Square Sketch Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Grade Based Activities said...

Great pattern and awesome work.