PDCC98 - DRS Designs

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Note: If you've come here looking for my Wplus9 September Release: Day 4 post, please scroll down.

Welcome to The Play Date Cafe's Challenge #98!
Our sponsor for this week is DRS Designs...
who graciously let all of our designers pick both an image and sentiment stamp to play with.  Thanks ever so much, DRS Designs!  LOVE mine!  So, here's what I created, using both the color story above and my new goodies.
I started this card by stamping the cupcake image over and over in a row, in Crumb Cake ink, across the top of my distressed, with Tea Dye and Antique Linen inks, Crumb Cake, cardstock, card face.  I then trimmed them, across their bottoms, with hand-cut, patterned, paper pennants...
before wrapping a length of teal ribbon, around the card face, just above the pennants and tying it, in a bow, near the right edge of the card face.
The center cupcake was stamped, in Jet Black ink, on a circle cut from Whisper White cardstock, which had been distressed with Tea Dye and Antique Linen inks and framed with a slightly larger circle of Night of Navy cardstock; colored in with Night of Navy, More Mustard, Ruby Red, and Baja Breeze inks and a blender pen; and adhered, with foam tape, just above horizontal center and to the left of the teal, ribbon bow, before being dressed up with a little Crystal Effects and glitter for shine.
Finally, the "HAPPY BIRTHDAY" sentiment was white embossed to the top left of the framed cupcake...
to complete the look.
Thanks, as always, for peeking in!  Now, it's your turn!  You have until the close of the day EST next Tuesday, September 13, 2011 to link up your takes over at the challenge link above.  Please be sure to also use that link to see what the rest of the designers have done with their DRS Designs goodies, as well as to see what you're playing for this week.  This is also the last week for two of our designers, Tracey Kuzniak and Libby Hickson.

Tracey has a heart of gold, and while I have never had the privilege of meeting her face-to-face, I know this for both the way she has selflessly put her own needs aside to care for her elderly mother and the way she has reached out to befriend myself.  And whether it was on a PDCC post or just me being me, she never forgot, despite her busy schedule, to stop by and leave little, old me a super sweet comment.

I truly believe that, if Libby and I lived closer, we would be the best of friends.  The fun stories and beautiful pictures this loving mother puts, of her family, on her blog, parallel those of my own in so many ways.  I can almost hear our kiddos' giggles, as they play together and Libby and I craft away in the next room.  Imagine that, girl!  Something to look forward to one day :).   

I have been beyond blessed to get to meet both of these ladies through this beautiful place we call the world wide web and am so grateful for the opportunity to serve with them on this design team.  Thank you, ladies, for not only sharing your gorgeous creations with us, but for also letting us be a part of your lives.  You both are true treasures and will be deeply missed.  Hugs!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: cupcake & sentiment (DRS Designs) Paper: Crumb Cake, Night of Navy, Whisper White, & teal heart (SU); navy polka dot (Jenni Bowlin); mustard (Basic Grey); notebook & stripe (My Mind's Eye) Ink: Night of Navy, More Mustard, Ruby Red, Crumb Cake, & Baja Breeze (SU); Tea Dye & Antique Linen (Ranger); watermark (VersaMark); Jet Black (StazOn) Other: white embossing powder (Ranger); Crystal Effects & Dazzling Diamonds (SU); teal ribbon (Hobby Lobby); foam tape (Scotch); circle template (Fiskars)

13 comments:

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

SUPER fun card--love the glittered frosting!!! I love the banner below too!! FUN!!!

Libby Hickson said...

Oh Jinny, what a sweet, sweet thing to say! How I *wish* we lived closer! What fun we'd all have!! I am so thankful our paths crossed on the PDCC, you are such a sweetheart. I'm hoping to finally get going on my scrapbooks now (yes, I always say this, LOL! But really!) and I'll be visiting your blog for lots of inspiration!! Oh, and your card this week is adorable too, love that yummy cupcake and the banner is such fun!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loveeeeeeeeeee this! I loveeeeeeee that cupcake and the banner! :):):):):):):):):):):)

Chris and Paige Evans said...

I just love this card Jinny - banners are my weakness :)

Faye said...

Jinny, your attention to detail on this beautiful card really shows. It's gorgeous.

lynn said...

that banner is the cutest! and i love the glittered cupcakes and stamped bkgd:)

sandi said...

Love this! So 'sweet' looking! The glitter on the frosting really adds to the cuteness of this!

Lisa said...

Love this sweet banner of DPs Jinny! And the cupcake is super cute. Great as the focal and the background :)

Donna Bowman said...

Love this card Jinny! That banner is super and the sparkly cupcake is so much fun!

Marlena M. said...

Your card has so much LIFE in it..the banners and the yummy cupcake. I love it. ;)

Andrea Ewen said...

Beautiful Jinny! Love those multi-colored banners and that sa-weet cupcake...all sparkly and all! Fabulous!

DAWN Braun said...

love love LOVE this card, the pennants, colors, bow...and that little cupcake, YUMMY!! :) Go glitter!

Julie Day said...

Love those banners along the bottom and that cupcake is adorable! This just made me hungry! :)