Sketchy Thursdays & CCG #208

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

It's been a busy day around my house, and I still feel like I could work right into the wee hours of the morning and not get it all done.  Please tell me that I'm not the only one who thinks there just aren't enough hours in a day.  I'm just crossing my fingers and hoping that one day I'll catch up with life.  In the meantime, I'm attempting to capture it all on film :).
I started this layout by adhering the first two strips of patterned paper to the aqua, doily, base page and machine stitching, with white-threaded, straight stitches, down either of their long sides.  I then tucked in a cluster of a circle cut from an aqua, floral, patterned paper and machine stitched around with white-threaded, zig-zag stitches; a scalloped oval, die-cut from Whisper White cardstock and punched, in each of its scallops, with a small, circle punch; a mulberry, journaling card, upon which I journaled, in Basic Black ink, You're growing up ever so fast, and I'm trying to hold on for the ride.  Feb. '09; and a cream, doily flower, anchored with a purple brad and stamped, in Baja Breeze ink, on Whisper White cardstock, and hand-cut leaves.
The rest of the papers were then adhered in their respective locations and anchored with more white-threaded, straight stitches, before adding an aqua, die-cut ruler...
and creating my "HEAD held high" title from shadow alphas; aqua, glitter letters; and black fabric alphas, all anchored with messy, white-threaded, straight stitches, tied off to either end.
After adhering my photographs, I stamped a photo tab, in Lavender Lace ink, on Whisper White cardstock; hand cut it out; journaled on it, in Basic Black ink, sweet stuff; and adhered it tucked under the left edge of my bottom photograph.
Inspiration for this layout came from Sketchy Thursdays' current sketch...
and Color Combos Galore's Inspiration Board #208.
I'll be back, in just a bit, with a brand new color story, from The Play Date Cafe, to try your hand at.  Until then, thanks so much for stopping by, and have a wonderful evening!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Class Act - photo label & Ever After - leaves (Wplus9) Paper: Whisper White & lilac bubble (SU); aqua doily (My Little Shoebox); mulberry leafy & aqua floral (sei); silhouette (Jenni Bowlin); black text polka dot (My Mind's Eye) Ink: Basic Black, Lavender Lace, & Baja Breeze (SU) Other: white thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome);
Scalloped Oval die (Wplus9); Big Shot (Sizzix); foam tape (Scotch); doily flower & shadow alphas (Jenni Bowlin); purple brad & 1/16" Handheld Circle punch (SU); mulberry journaling card (sei); aqua glitter alphas (Making Memories); black fabric alphas (Prima); aqua ruler die-cut (Crate Paper); circle template (Fiskars)

3 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Just BEAUTIFUL Jinny! I loveeeeeeeeee those photos, the colors and that stitching! Thanks sooooooooooo much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays! :):):):):):):):):):):)

Lynn said...

Such sweet pictures of you little one! Can't wait to meet her...think one night from tomorrow we'll be having dinner together! Can't wait! And...when I feel like I have too much to do...I have to make a big list and then really ask myself what I have to do today. Most of the time I'm putting the pressure on myself! Hope the time that your hubby is gone goes by quickly!

corrie said...

Such fun colors and photos. I always enjoy your pages so much! Thanks for playing with Sketchy Thursdays!