Weekend Snapshots

Monday, September 12, 2011

We spent the weekend pretty much doing absolutely nothing and just being a family.  On Saturday, a scrumptious breakfast, which included The Pioneer Woman's Maple Pecan Scones, got us ready for the day.
Then, we took the kiddos over to Lowe's for their Build-and-Grow Clinic; where they made police cars, complete with blinking sirens.  Fortunately, they don't actually make any siren noise, though.  Thank you, Lowe's!  We also had to hit the garden department, because my gardens just look so sad right now, and I needed a few, fall-blooming perennials to perk them up.  I was in luck and came home with a small handful of late summer/fall bloomers which still need to be planted.  Ugh!  Told you we didn't do much :).  I think that we're pretty burnt out from all the home remodeling projects we've had going on.  So, it was uber nice to get out of the house and away from all the reminders.
Oh!  And we also had to try out a new swing, that I would really like to purchase for our new, extended patio.  Wouldn't this one be nice to enjoy the beautiful, fall weather and watch my kiddos play?  Unfortunately, it was out of our budget and not yet on sale.  We're hoping to snag a good one here the end of the summer, though.  Keep your fingers crossed for us!
After a little lunch at Mr. Goodcents, we hit a few of the gazillion yard sales in our area.  I got a new, comfy, office chair for my creative space; a couple of skirts with the original tags still attached; and a Nerf gun for Ezekiel, which we needed, in order to have enough, for us all to play at once :).  And would you believe that I got all that for a mere $5?  Score!
Then, we spent the afternoon huddled in bed either napping or reading and watching the rain fall.  LOVE it!

On Sunday, the kiddos and I did a little, grocery shopping after church; while my hubby had another, elders meeting.  Then, we picked him up, when he was done and the groceries were purchased, and went home for a late brunch, which, again, included those amazing, Maple Pecan Scones from above (If you haven't already, run (Don't walk!) on over to your nearest bookstore, or click here, to purchase your copy of The Pioneer Woman Cooks today!  You won't be disappointed!); before heading to a church, potluck picnic and spending the rest of our weekend with friends.
I had very little creative time, but it was a nice, sweet break; and lots of fabulous, papercrafty packages arrived, in the mail, today.  So, I've got plenty of new goodies to get my creative juices flowing and keep me busy for months and months to come.  Woohoo!  Oh!  And don't you worry one bit!  I'll get pictures and show off all my fabulous, new treats soon :).  Thanks so much for stopping in to check on me!  I'm off to work on a February publication for CARDS... just one this go around.  Have a fantastic work week, ya'll!

4 comments:

Andrea Ewen said...

Looks like a fun day with the kiddos...mmm and what yummy scones! Makes a great day better!

lynn said...

the best kind of weekend! and yummy sconces, too! tfs, jinny!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Looks like an AWESOME weekend!! Loveeeeeeee the photos! And I loveeeeeeeeeeee Mr. Goodcents!! YUM! :):):):):):):):):):):)

anya said...

Sounds like a great weekend! Its always nice to be able to take a step away from things for a while. The scones look really delicious, too - in October I've got some girlfriends coming in for our college reunion and they would be perfect to make! Have a great day Jinny!