Wplus9 September Release: Day 4

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

So glad to have ya'll visiting for Day 4 of Wplus9 Design's September Releases!  I spent the first three days showing off Class Act and Design Basics: Classroom Backgrounds.  I'm going to spend today delivering projects featuring A Pocketful and its coordinating A Pocketful die, and tomorrow, I'll be back with yet a couple more projects, using A Pocketful and its coordinating die, as well as a new, compliment set, A Pocketful: Halloween.  I'm telling you all, there are so many, little images and sentiments in these sets, I could, literally, play for months.  But let's stick to one day at a time and begin with a card.
I started this card by adhering a strip of green, polka dot, patterned paper down the center of the Pink Pirouette, cardstock, card face, which had been distressed with Tea Dye and Antique Linen inks; machine stitching, with white-threaded, zig-zag stitches, down either of its long sides; and dressing up its center with a die-cut, using the Label Layers 1 die, two-tone, pink, striped, patterned, paper label.  I stretched out the die-cut a bit by slicing it in half right down its center.
I then stamped the pocket image, in Brocade Blue ink, and the stems, in Wild Wasabi ink, on a Cricut-cut, from Whisper White cardstock, tag, which had also been distressed with Tea Dye and Antique Linen inks.  The flowers were wet embossed with Melon Mambo embossing powder and embellished with silver pearls.
The tag's hole was dressed up with a length of white, seam binding ribbon, tied in a dressy bow and embellished with a pink button, laced with a hemp twine bow; before being adhered, with foam tape, in the center of the card face, over the die-cut label.
Finally, the "Get Well" sentiment was white embossed, in the bottom center of the card face, just below the prepared tag...
to complete the look.
I also put this stamp set to use on a layout.  Check it out!
I started this layout by stacking a variety of color-coordinating and randomly-trimmed, on their short sides, patterned papers near the bottom center of the Crumb Cake, cardstock, base page.
I then machine stitched, with messy, navy-threaded, straight stitches, around the edges of the page itself, as well as, in a circular pattern, near the top left corner of the patterned, paper strips.  After adhering pictures, I tucked a "June" calendar card under the bottom center photo and overlapping the bottom right photo and used it as a foundation for my "SADDLE RIDGE RANCH" title, which was cut from something my son brought home, from Vacation Bible School, one day.
My pocket was stamped, in White ink, on a Night of Navy, cardstock die-cut; wet embossed, using copper embossing powder, with the stitched emblem; adhered just to the left of my top left photograph; filled with stamped, in Crumb Cake ink, stars and swirls, which were also glittered...
and labeled with the stamped, in Night of Navy ink, "a pocketful of happy" subtitle.  I think this little pocket would also be a great place to tuck some secret journaling.
I used a Whisper White, cardstock die-cut, from the Scalloped Oval die, which I also punched, with a 1/16" Handheld Circle punch, in each of its scallops...
as the foundation for my Whisper White, cardstock, journaling strips, which read, You had such a great time playing with friends and hiding God's Word in your heart at VBS.  Plus, it was just what you needed to keep your summer alive until your next great adventure.  June 7-11, 2010.
Finally, I stamped a smaller, pocket image, twice, in White ink, on Night of Navy, cardstock, die-cut pockets; adhered them flush to either side of the layout about 3/4" down from the top edge; and embellished them with silver, star brads...
around which I wrapped a length of red Baker's Twine and whose ends I tied, in a bow, near the right pocket.
Okay, ya'll!  We're nearing the end.  Then, I cannot wait to see how you all put these fabulous goodies to use!  But please, join me, tomorrow, for one more day of release treats.  Also, remember that the entire September Release is available, NOW, in the Wplus9 Design Online Store, and thanks again for stopping by my little corner of the web!
{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: A Pocketful (Wplus9) Paper: Pink Pirouette, Whisper White, pink stripe, & green polka dot (SU) Ink: Brocade Blue & Wild Wasabi (SU); Tea Dye & Antique Linen (Ranger); watermark (VersaMark) Other: white thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); Label Layers 1 die (Wplus9); Big Shot (Sizzix); George & Basic Shapes Cricut cartridge & Cricut (Provo Craft); white embossing powder (Ranger); Melon Mambo embossing powder & pink button (SU); hemp twine (Hobby Lobby); white seam binding ribbon (Zipper Stop); foam tape (Scotch); silver pearls (Mark Richards)
{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: A Pocketful (Wplus9) Paper: Crumb Cake, Night of Navy, Whisper White, & gingham (SU); red & blue advertisement & star (Jenni Bowlin); barn board (Paper Studio); blue polka dot (Basic Grey) Ink: Night of Navy, Crumb Cake, & White (SU); watermark (VersaMark) Other: navy thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); pinking shears (Fiskars); A Pocketful & Scalloped Oval dies (Wplus9); Big Shot (Sizzix); copper embossing powder, 1/16" Handheld Circle punch, & silver star brads (SU); Baker's Twine (Clean Country Paper Supplies); foam tape (Scotch); red, white, & blue glitter (Doodlebug Design); June calendar card (Jenni Bowlin)

4 comments:

Lynn said...

Jinny, I love the pink and green card...the flowers coming out of the pocket are so, so sweet!

anya said...

So glad you shared these, Jinny! I am anxiously waiting for these sets to arrive and love the extra inspiration. And I *really* need to practice my bow tying - you do it beautifully every time!

Linda Beeson said...

That little card is OHHHHH so precious! So girly!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

What a beautiful card--totally cheered me up! Even though it wasn't for me:) I LOVE the color combo! Great LO too--I don't know how you do so many LOs! I just did three....and I am beat;) And mine are SIMPLE!