Birthday Preparations

Friday, October 21, 2011

I know it's late, and I don't have anything papercrafty in nature, for you all, today, but I did want to pop in here and share a little of what I have been up to.  My baby girl's 3rd birthday is coming up on Tuesday, November 1st; but we're going to be at my parent's place, this weekend, for pictures of them with their grand kids.  And they thought it would be fun for us to celebrate Adina's birthday, while we're all together.  So, I jumped into high gear to get her birthday outfit ready in time and finished it just last night.
Adina and I had a long conversation about whether she wanted a dress or a skirt.  She kept flip-flopping back-and-forth about which would be best (Typical :)!), but when I mentioned that I could make a pair of pants, too, there was no turning back!  She's my "pants and a shirt" girl.  I used The Sewing Dork's How to Make Ruffle Leg Pants tutorial for the basic idea behind the pants themselves...
and appliqued a Cricut-cut three, to a basic, black, Target tee, in the same way that I did back here for last year's birthday outfit.
And she just couldn't love it any more, which makes all the time that went into it so well worth it to this adoring Mommy.
I think those two pics above took me nearly 30 minutes to capture.  Most of the time, she was running away and spinning in circles.  LOL!
Here's a sneak peek of what else we have in store for her.
Oh!  And just because, I couldn't resist sharing this sweet pic of her wearing her new hat and mittens; and yes, it really did get cold enough here this week for her to actually need them.
Have a wonderful weekend, ya'll!

6 comments:

Dawn said...

This is so cute! Reminds me of naartjie.com style. If you've never checked them out, you should. Awesome job Jinny!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

HOW adorable--I LOVE those little ruffles! LOVE the cake and her little hat/gloves! LOVE LOVE LOVE:)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

OMYGOSH!! Those pants and your baby girl are ADORABLE!!! Loveeeeeeeeeeeeee it! Have a fab weekend! Thanks for all the bloggy love today! I so appreciate it! :):):):):):):):):):):)

anya said...

Ah, so super cute, Jinny! She looks perfectly adorable in her custom-made outfit. Looks like you have a fantastic time planned. I love that owl hat and mittens, too - I'm a sucker for owls!

The Sewing Dork said...

I love the color combo you put together, and the outfit looks fabulous! I agree with you about having to take 100 photos of wiggly little girls just to get one or two blog-worthy shots.

Esther said...

What cute pants! I love them, she looks soo cute! I might have to try and make a pair like that for Isabel, that or ask my mom to do it :) as she is an awesome seamstress and I just do my best to get by :)