CAS-ual Fridays #23 & A Hop

Friday, October 7, 2011

I'm absolutely thrilled, this week, to be joining in CAS-ual Fridays' Challenge #23 & A Hop...
in support of Operation Julie's Smile.  If you'd like to make a donation to the cause, you may access a PayPal button at the CAS-ual Fridays blog link above.
First things first, you should be arriving here from the uber talented and sweet Julie Day's blog.  If you didn't and would like to start at the beginning or you get lost along the way, you can find a complete list of the hop participants at the Sweet Stamp Shop Blog.  Secondly, CAS-ual Friday's sponsor for this week is The Craft's Meow.  So, please be sure to stop by the challenge link above to find out what you're playing for.  Then, you have until the close of the day EST, next Wednesday, October 12, 2011, to link up your "Everyday you spend without a smile, is a lost day." inspired creations.
Now, most of you know that CAS is not my usual style, and I tried.  I really tried, but I think that I overcompensated, for a lack of elements, with texture and by shrinking my card size.  LOL!  Anyway, please check out my creation, which boasts The Craft's Meow's Sending You Sunshine!
I started this card by dry embossing a piece of Whisper White cardstock; machine stitching, with white-threaded, straight stitches, around its edges and tying the top corners off to the front of the piece; trimming it, across its bottom edge, with a punched strip of light blue, polka dot, patterned paper; and adhering it to the 4" square, Crumb Cake, cardstock, card face.  I then stamped the "SENDING YOU SUNSHINE" sentiment, in Basic Black ink, in the bottom left corner of the prepped piece, before wrapping a length of yellow ribbon, around the card face, where the two, prepped papers meet and tying it, in a bow, just right of center.
The sunshine was stamped, in Basic Black ink, on a piece of yellow, zig-zag, patterned paper; hand cut out; adhered, with foam tape, to a die-cut, from blue, striped, patterned paper, frame, which was, in turn, adhered, with more foam tape, in the top center of the card face; flanked with a hand-cut, white, felt cloud; and embellished with a yellow button, laced with white string.
Now, off you go to the equally talented and super sweet Karen Baker's blog to continue your hop, which runs until Sunday, October 9, 2011, at 11:59 pm EST.  Please be sure to leave lots of love along the way for your chance to be eligible to win something from the over $2,500 in prizes donated by a plethora of generous companies.  Thanks so much for peeking in, and I hope you all have a fantastic weekend!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Sending You Sunshine (The Craft's Meow) Paper: Whisper White, Crumb Cake, & yellow zig-zag (SU); light blue polka dot & stripe (American Crafts) Ink: Basic Black (SU) Other: white thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); Label Layers 3 die (Wplus9); Big Shot (Sizzix); polka dot embossing folder, Scalloped Edger punch, & yellow button (SU); felt, yellow ribbon, & white string (Hobby Lobby); foam tape (Scotch)

93 comments:

tiffany said...

Jinny- don't know if this "qualifies" as CAS or not, but either way it is GORGEOUS!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is BEAUTIFUL Jinny! I loveeeeeeee the sun and cloud! :):):):):):):):):):):)

~amy~ said...

awww....I LOVE it!

Suzanne said...

Jinny, I love this! It's perfect!!!

Jaclyn Miller said...

Hey girl. Love that felt cloud tucked behind the button sun. So glad you were able to join in the fun. :)

Lizscraps said...

this simply brightens and uplifts as soon as see the design .. great job.

Dana said...

It doesn't matter if it's CAS or not, because it's stupendous! Such a great design Jinny!

Jingle said...

Such a cute card! I love the clouds!

Lindsay said...

What a fantastic, happy card Jinny! I LOVE the blue!

GabrielaD said...

Super cute card! Great job.

Lisa said...

This is darling Jinny! Love your sweet sun/cloud combo!!!

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Love the texture of your felt cloud, and perfect sentiment.

naturecoastcrafter said...

This is a super, super card. I love the use of the stripes and the layout of all the elements. Thanks for being a caring person.
Jean Cross

Deb said...

Love this fresh, bright, cheerful card! Yep, like a ray of sunshine on a rainy day (which it is, here in Florida)!

Miriam Prantner said...

Love that button sun and the use of the striped/polka dot patterns. I'm so not good at mixing patterned papers, but this just goes.

Mallika said...

such a super card
sunshine
hugs
mallika
mallikakejriwal
would love if you visit me too

Monique said...

What a bright and cheerful card...Love it :)

*Alison* said...

beautiful colors :) I just love the cloud..
I "heart" Julie.. and donated! HUGS

Linda Harris said...

Very cheerful card. Color combo is awesome together. Linda Harris

Heather@PixieDust said...

very cute card

Keva said...

Oh wow, this is great! I love the colors and how fresh and clean it is. Really a bright spot visually for my day! I love it.

Virgo5 said...

Awesome, love it!

v said...

First, I love stitching on cards! Love the dots embossed! Adore the soft felt cloud! Love the pop of yellow ribbon! Super sweet card!!!

~Vanessa W

Laura Davis said...

CUTE!!
Hugs
Laura

Teresa Kline said...

so very sweet!

Anonymous said...

Love this card. Your use of colors and textures make it awesome. I am a new follower. TFS

mjblahnik56@hotmail.com

Michele Gross said...

Such an adorable card! I'm so glad you joined us this week at CAS-ual Fridays. It just wouldn't be the same without you :)

Krysta said...

I love the use of buttons and felt.

Robby Housley said...

I think that your card was so cute. Loved the everything about this card, elements & colors.

Holly said...

Beautiful card! I love the colors!

Holly

hollyshobbie at gmail dot com

Smitha said...

This is so bright and beautiful!1 Love that felt cloud :)

Amy C said...

This is such a lovely card!!

marla said...

A very nice card!!

Tonya said...

Such a sweet card! I love all the extra touches.

Sarah Anderson said...

so lovely, and great to 'visit' you Jinny :)

Ruby said...

Such a gorgeous card Jinny, I love it whether it's CAS or not, that little cloud looks so cute with the little sun peeping out!

Maria said...

A sweet CAS card filled with sunshine...love it!!! Take care!!:-))

Lauren from One Story Down said...

ooh love the felty cloud!! :D

xo
Lauren

JenMarie said...

So very pretty...love the cloud!

Jessica said...

Love the cloud/button sun! Cute card!

Christina said...

Very cute, Jinny! I think you did a wonderful job with this CAS card! The felt cloud is my favorite part.

NinaN said...

Such clean colours! Love it!

Karen B. said...

I think you should do CAS more often Jinny, this is amazing! So bright and happy and wonderful. I really love what you did with Dawn's set too, in the post above, my jaw hit the floor!

Hope G. said...

What a great card to brighten someone's day! I love the die cut used for a piece of sky!

Janice M said...

What a cute card! Love your little cloud and button sun!

mommakatx6 said...

Very nice card, I love the yellow (not usually a color I use)...it really brings it together.

Dana said...

Great card!! Clean and bright!! Sure to make anyone smile!!

Ruza's Craft Corner said...

Sweet card! Love the stitching, dry embossing, and the sun peaking out from behind the cloud is adorable! ;o)

Karen Day said...

Love that cute little felt cloud :o)

Tami said...

absolutely adorable!

Fiona said...

Hey Jinny what a sweet card you created for the hop! Love how you used the template with the blue stripes to create a 'sky' - fantastic! Fiona

Tracy said...

Cute card! I love the yellow button!

Tracy
owlbecraftin at gmail dot com
owlbecraftin.blogspot.com

Evelene S said...

So adorable with that sun button!

cappuccino and colour said...

love how you did the sun/cloud embellie..so cool.

Ashley Nguyen Newell said...

This is beautiful! I love the colors!

Tammy V said...

What a lovely card!

Dawn said...

too cute. your sun and cloud look amazing

Houses Built of Cards said...

SOOOO cute!!! LOVE the felt cloud, and the button on the sun!!!

housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

Dawn L said...

A button full of sunshine,
A puffy little cloud,
make such a lovely statement,
You should be really proud!

Moosisk said...

What an adorable card! Love the colors and images. Thanks for the inspiration! :D

Mary Jo said...

Pretty and cheerful! Lovely card.

Jennifer Scull said...

what a happy feeling card! love the clouds! :)

Anne Tussing said...

Such a great card! I love all the dots, stripes and the perfect colors!

Irene said...

Such a cute idea with the sunshine button!

Barb said...

This is such a special card, Jinny! I love the blue and yellow combo and your adorable sun and cloud! So creative!

Lagene said...

Adorable sun & cloud, great card for a great cause!

Tenia Nelson said...

So so cute!!!

Kim H said...

Love the textures and dimension on this card, the stitching adds just the right touch. Thank you.

Lindsey Wood said...

This is such a happy card! I love the colors!

Amy said...

This is just oozing happiness! Love your layout and the mat stack stripes!

Nicki S said...

Very cute card! So nice and cheery! :)

Scrapacat said...

Great balance, beautiful colors, and, oh yeah, the cutest cloud, ever!
~ky
scrapacat at yahoo dot com
http://bunnynest.blogspot.com

Nichole Bryant said...

This card just makes me want to smile It is so cheery :)

Rochelle said...

The sun and the cloud are adorable!

Wendy said...

Love the sun and fluffy cloud. Great cheery colors!

Tamara said...

Thank you for being apart of such a great hop and cause! Beautiful card too!
sweetheartcopper at msn dot com

Indy said...

What a sweet card. Love the little cloud.

Denise said...

Very sweet of you to join this great operation....hope it is successful. I am doing my part by participating in the blog hop.

Love the sunshine card...makes me want to smile.

Denise

Anita Braddock said...

A very Happy and Sunny card. thanks for sharing an you have done a great job.
abbraddock@msn.com

Eva said...

love it so cheerful and bright
Eva :0)
evascrapslife(at)gmail(dot)com
http://evasscrapsncards.blogspot.com
I have a giveaway on my blog

Wendi K said...

Thanks for sharing your creativity. It's so cute. Here's to Julie's new smile.

Wendy K
Chicago

Betty said...

perfect card for this blog hop - wonderful colors and texture!

Wendy Zick said...

So cheerful!

lynn said...

i saw this bright happy card over at cas-ual fridays, jinny--i just love it:)

Rema said...

love your card!

Alicia said...

Just darling. That cloud and sun are precious!

Denise said...

Great card! Love the fresh blue and white color combo!
DeniseB

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

What a fabulous card! I LOVE the design and the beautiful sentiment--LOVE those clouds! AMAZING as always! LOVE:)

Sleepy Stamper said...

What a fun card! I love the button sun, it's so cute!

Julie Ranae said...

Jinny ~ I can't thank you enough for your love, support, encouragement and most of all, prayers. You are such a wonderful person and this card is such a reflection of your style, both as a designer and as a friend...thank you so very much.

Trina Georgi said...

very cheery card....perfect for bringing smiles to anyone - I especially love the sun peeking throught the cloud...very nice touch!

Lee (LuvLee on SCS) said...

Oh this card is GUARANTEED to bring smiles!!!! What a darling design!!! That cloud is adorable!

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Jinny, I'm so sorry it's taken so long for me to stop by... time just zooms by.

I love love love your card! CAS is not my strong suit either, but I'd never know you struggled with it as I think this is amazing... sweet simplicity at its best! Thanks for the great idea to cut a cloud out of white felt!

And thank you so much for showcasing Sending You Sunshine in such a special way!

Hugs,
Lisa
Owner of The Craft's Meow