CASE Study #62 & CR84FN41

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

I have to apologize for it having been several days since I've posted anything of mine, inspired by paper, and at the same time, admit that, right now, life is just gobbling me up.  We have had a super tough start to our school week, and that, in itself, has got me down enough to be a little depressed about all the other repressed struggles I've been facing.  Whether they be my own personal or a friend's or another family member's, it doesn't matter.  I'm a sympathetic crier and mourner, and it all just wears on me to the point of my breaking; and yesterday, I broke.  Now, that doesn't mean that things are all fixed today, but it definitely brought me fresh perspective.

The Bible says, in John 14:27, Peace I leave with you.  My peace I give to you not as the world give do I give to you.  Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.  It also says, in John 16:33, These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace.  In the world you will have tribulations; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world.  Jesus said these things in the days just prior to his crucifixion on the cross.  It was His personal, life-giving and affirming peace that He wished to leave with us, not just a conventional wish; and the peace that He gives banishes fear and dread from the heart, for He is in control of all circumstances.

So, for all intensive purposes, I am letting go and placing my trust in Him.  I know that He has my best safely in the palm of His hand, and He'll never let me down.  Sometimes, life and its overwhelming pressures just tends to get the best of me; but when we place our trust in Him, He can give us peace in the midst of stress, and today has definitely brought me peace.

While I pray, especially for friends who are hurting, I also like to make them things; and that's just what I did with the creation I have, for you all, today.
I started this card by stamping the background design, in Brocade Blue ink, on a piece of Whisper White cardstock; adhering it to the Brocade Blue, cardstock, card face; and machine stitching, around its edges, with gray-threaded, zig-zag stitches.
I then created a fabric pin, which creates a gift, in and of itself, for the friend for whom I've been praying, who shall remain nameless simply because I know she reads my blog, and I'm sure this card hasn't yet made its way to her mailbox.
The pin was made from gathered, yellow, floral fabric and gray lace; anchored, one on top of the other, with a gemstone, flower brad; and stitched to a white, felt circle, to which I glued the pin itself, before pinning it in and through the top left corner of the card face.
After wrapping a length of gray, taffeta ribbon around the card face, just below the pin, I tucked a prepped, "My Favorites" card under its right edge.  To create said such, I stamped a frame, in Daffodil Delight ink, on a piece of ink distressed, with Tea Dye and Antique Linen inks, and punched, across its top edge, Whisper White cardstock.  I then filled the frame in with the stamped, in Daffodil Delight ink, numbered lines and partial, "My Favorites" sentiment, before filling in the lines with lots of stamped, in Basic Gray ink, yous from lots of different, Wplus9 Design, stamp sets.
Matter of fact, these are the same stamp sets I used on one of my layouts, during this month's release, back here and in which I challenged you all to name them.  I never did get a winner, and I've still got Dear Santa, just lying on my desk, waiting to be gifted.  So, if you want to give it a go and name the Wplus9 stamp sets each of those yous came from, just leave me a comment below in the order they are listed on the card above, and I'll send the first person who has the correct order Dear Santa for FREE!
And just because I love ya'll so much and really want to be able to put Dear Santa into the hands of one creative spirit, I'm going to remind you that none of the stamp sets were used more than once; and to get you started, the first three are The Birds & the Bees, Guiding Light Sentiments, and Hope Seed Co.

Inspiration for my card came from this card, created by CASE Study's October Muse, Niki Estes, for Challenge #62...
and Create for Fun's Color Challenge #41.
Before I run get dinner together, I also want to remind you all that you have only a few hours left to link up your takes on The Play Date Cafe's (PDCC) Challenge #104.  Also, remember that this one was created in honor of the PDCC's 2nd anniversary and is filled to the brim with prizes for many of our talented players.  So, we'd be absolutely honored to have each and every one of you join in!
Now, while today has delivered new-found peace, I still need to go work on a little, added joy :).  Thanks so much for peeking in, and have a terrific Tuesday, ya'll!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Design Basics: Backgrounds I & Class Act (Wplus9) Paper: Brocade Blue & Whisper White (SU) Ink: Brocade Blue, Daffodil Delight, & Basic Gray (SU); Tea Dye & Antique Linen (Ranger) Other: gray thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); Spiral & Corner punches & gray taffeta ribbon (SU); gray lace (Prima); yellow floral fabric (BJ's grandmother); gemstone flower brad (Paper Studio); foam tape (Scotch)

17 comments:

Lynn said...

Jinny, I am certainly hoping that your week gets better. I'll be praying for you my dear friend. Your pin/card are absolutely gorgeous. Wish we could get together to chat!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Sorry that you have had a bad week so far... hoping things will turn around soon....

I loveeeeeeeeeeee that card! LOVING the flower and the repeated "YOU!" :):):):):):):):):):):)

Lisa said...

So sorry you've had a rough time Jinny; but putting everything in God's hand is the BEST anyone could EVER do. I'll say a little prayer for you. On a happy note I adore your lovely creations! Thanks for sharing with us :)

anya said...

Big hugs to you, Jinny. I know how you feel, and I hope your week gets better. I love your super cute card!

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Big hugs to you, now off to figure out which stamps are which....

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Okay, here's my guess.. Class Act, Spring Post, Design Basics, Hope Seed Co, Christmas Wishes, Filigreed Frames, RetroGirl Birthday, Very Vintage Greetings, The Birds & The Bees, PIle it On, A Pocketful Halloween, Woodgrain Silhouettes.. watch I missed one of the yous?

Karen B. said...

Fabulous card! I love that you've added the pin! And a fun game too, I saw details of the stamps that I fell in love with and now I think I need ALL of them! Here's my guess: Birds and the Bees, Guiding Light, Hope Seed Co., Funky Foliage (Flowers seemed a bit too small, but they are pretty interchangable!) then Spring Post, Damask Frames, Pile it On, Very Vintage Greetings, Woodgrain Silhouettes, Retro Girly Birthday!

Mona L. Pendleton said...

Beautiful card Jinny! That 3D fabric flower is gorgeous! Thanks for joining along with CR84FN :)

Debgem said...

Jinny - your card is just lovely. I think the flower brooch is so pretty and I love the sentiment label with "you" in so many fonts! Thanks for playing along with CR84FN!

Teresa Kline said...

adorable Jinny, I luv the flower...thanks for joining us a CASE study...hope you have a great day!

enjoy *~*

Lindsay said...

Oh the wonderful comforts of scripture! I am so sorry to hear things are rough for you, but what a reassurance we have to give it all to Jesus! I'll be prayin' for you my friend.

This card is wonderful! Love the colors and stamping! The recipient will have to smile when they open this up!

Sue Lelli said...

Jinny, glad you found some peace and i KNOW this card you made for your friend will mean so MUCH! That pin is GORGEOUS and everytime she wears it, she will think about what a true friend you are! THX for playing with us at CR84FN!

Joanne Leddy said...

I'm so glad you have given your troubles over to God. He is there for you and will always help in your time of need. I wish you peace.

Your friend is one lucky lady to have a friend like you ... what a gorgeous pin and she'll be thrilled when she gets it!

Esther said...

Beautiful card, Jinny! Pray that you will find peace this next week. I love your compassion for others. It can be difficult to walk in compassion, but at the same time God says it is a gift. Thanks for inspiring me with your scriptures. I definitely needed that tonight. God brings us through all kinds of things, homeschooling challenges are always tough...

lynn said...

oh, i wish you a peaceful, healing weekend, jinny:) your card is sweet and the pin is gorgeous!

Cheryl said...

Wow, this card is beautiful and that pin is amazing! I'm sure it will cheer your friend when she receives it. Thanks for joining us at CR84FN! ~Hugs, Cheryl

carol (krillsister) said...

What a lovely card. I just love the flower. Hopefully it will cheer your friend up. The stitching on the card is great!