Friday Faves

Monday, October 31, 2011

Hey, ya'll!  I trust you all had a wonderful weekend!  Ours was full and fun, and I'm so glad that we just stayed home for once.  I'll have pics later today, but with all the chaos of last week, I realized that I never shared my October Friday Faves.  So, without further ado, welcome!  It all begins with Noel Mignon's newest Hudson Valley kit.  Love, love, LOVE all the layers of fall goodness to which each little pic of this preview alludes!  Plus, I see a stampy journaling block, lots of kraft, yummy trims, and pumpkins, ya'll!  Need I say more?!
I absolutely adore the playful fonts, not to mention useful sentiments, in Paper Smooches' Chit Chat stamp set!
This week's sponsor over at The Play Date Cafe is Kraft Outlet, and while I was snooping around in their shop, I found this amazing, Jenni Bowlin Memo Note Book and immediately fell in love!  Just imagine all the layering and distressing and journaling and stamping possibilities, ya'll!  Yummy!
I also did a little perusing through Stampin' Up's Clearance Rack and found a couple of oldies but goodies that I really love, including their Build-A-Brad kit...
and these sweet, little, Fleurette Accents & Elements.
And finally, I didn't forget that I promised you all a parade of goodies from our stop, on our South Dakota Vacation, at the Lincoln, Nebraska, Art Festival.  The first thing that caught my eye were these amazing, wood pieces, from Sue Mersman Marquetry, totally created from the natural colors of different types of wood.  There's no staining involved, folks!
I completely fell for these whimsical, brass and gold, garden fountains by T's Pots of Gold!  A teacher of a gardening class, that I took, once said that no garden is complete without a water feature.  One of these would be the absolute perfect finishing touch to my garden, and I'd bet yours, too!
Speaking of gardens, why not try one of Bill Brackett's, of Oak-N-Iron, steel flowers on for size?  Let me tell you, too, that this mum was just my favorite at the show; but if you stop by his website, you'll find a boatload of other beauties from lilies and roses to irises and even venus fly traps!
And isn't this PLOOB (Plastic Layers of Old Bags) bag, from Just Plain Jane, just the cutest, not to mention a great way to recycle?!
Last but certainly not least, while we were souvenir shopping, in Keystone, South Dakota, we ran into Angela Olson's Silk Fudge Shop and were licking our fingers clean!  My favorite was this Mint Chocolate Fudge, but she's definitely got something for all you fudge lovers.  Her Most Popular Fudge Combo would make a delicious, Christmas gift!
Oh!  And Adina and I both came home with a pair of warm and comfortable Minnetonkas.  I got a pair of Taupe Suede Thunderbird II (5th from the left below)...
and Adina is loving her Hot Pink Suede Children's Thunderbird (2nd from the left below)!
That's all, for now, ya'll!  But I'll be back, in just a bit, with lots of pics from our weekend.  Until then, have a fantastic start to your work weeks!

No comments: