MTMEPPC32 & SSC34

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Thank you so much for all the sweet comments you all left on yesterday's post!  It truly means the world to me to know that you're out there not only to inspire me, but also to encourage me, even those of you whom I've never had the pleasure of meeting face-to-face.  You're the best!  I know that I'm on the right track in giving the stresses to God.  I'm just anxious to see Him work them all out for His glory.  Now, I'm reminded of Philippians 4:6, to be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God.  I'm telling you, if I had my act together, I'd be free as a bird.  LOL!

Anyway, my brother had some happy news recently.  He got a new job that pays better and has more benefits, and because of that, he gets to quit his second, part-time job at Starbucks.  Woohoo!  And even though I've greatly enjoyed the free pounds of hand-me-down, whole-bean deliciousness, I'm so excited for him and wanted to make a little card to congratulate him on his newest accomplishment.
I'm still playing with my fabulous, Nikki Sivils goodies, ya'll!  Thanks, again and again, Julie!  I started this card by piecing a couple of her yummy papers, from Boo-tiful, together on a piece of Crumb Cake cardstock which had its top corners rounded; topping them with a link cut from another, gorgeous, patterned paper; trimming them, across their bottom edge, with a length of black lace; and securing them all together with black-threaded, straight and zig-zag, machine stitches, before adhering the prepped piece to the Basic Black, cardstock, card face, which, too, had its top corners rounded.
I then wrapped a length of Charcoal Twine, three times, around that hand-cut, paper chain and tied it, in a bow, just left of horizontal center.
A little, ink distressing, with Tea Dye and Antique Linen inks, as well as a stamped, in Basic Black ink, in the top right corner of the Crumb Cake, cardstock piece, "YOU ROCK" sentiment, complete the look.
Inspiration for this card came from My Time Made Easy's Pretty Palette Challenge #32...
and Chupa's Sketchbook Saturday Challenge #34.
I'll be back, later tonight, with a brand new color story from The Play Date Cafe.  Until then, happy stamping, ya'll!  And thanks, ever so much, for stopping by!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Sentiment Sampler (Paper Smooches) Paper: Crumb Cake & Basic Black (SU); all patterned (Nikki Sivils) Ink: Basic Black (SU); Tea Dye & Antique Linen (Ranger) Other: black thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); Corner punch & black lace (SU); Charcoal Twine (The Twinery)

11 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Yayyyyyy for your brother and yayyyyyyyy for using the Boo-tiful line! This is AWESOME!! I so hope you send me an image of that! I would LOVE to SHOWCASE it! :):):):):):):):):):):):)

Lynn said...

Such awesome news for your brother! I hope his transition to his new job goes very well! And wow...what an awesome card! Perfect for him. Thanks for playing along with us at MTME!

Joanne Leddy said...

This is FAB! Love the colors and the patterns!
And a big CONGRATS to your brother ... that's great news!

Mona L. Pendleton said...

What a fun card Jinny! Great color combo!

Tenia Nelson said...

Awesome card dearie!!!

Romaine said...

I am also a kindy teacher, fortunate enough to work p/t and be available to my own kidlets. :0)
Love the card- the tiwne and the paper chain. Thanks so much for joining us this week at MTME pretty palette! Please join us again!

Lindsay said...

Congrats to your brother! This card is spectacular! I LOVE it Jinny!

Andrea Ewen said...

W.O.W. You rock! Awesome take on the colors, really outside the box for you, but equally as fab!

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Super fun, Jinny! This carc makes a big statement, love it!!

Linda Beeson said...

Now that is one fabulous card. Aren't those Nikki Sivils papers the best !

Lisa Kind said...

This is so cool! Love how you used the layout and our Pretty Palette colors! Great papers! Thanks for playing our challenge and we hope to see you again!