PDCC102 - Stampotique

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Welcome to The Play Date Cafe's Challenge #102!
Our sponsor for this week is Stampotique, who graciously gifted each of us designer's our choice of an image and sentiment.  I picked Cat on Books and Just Sitting Here Thinking of You.  Thank you so much, Stampotique!
So, here's what my new goodies, along with that lime green, fuchsia (I leaned towards its pinker side.), purple, and black color story above, led me to create.
I started this card by machine stitching, with black-threaded, zig-zag stitches, a square of textured, Lavender Lace cardstock to the 4" square, Crumb Cake, cardstock, card face and stamping the "Just sitting here thinking of you" sentiment, in Basic Black ink, in the bottom center of the stitched piece.
I then adhered a length of black lace across the horizontal center of the card face and dressed it up above with a length of black, gingham ribbon, tied, in a bow, near the left edge of the card face, and embellished with a fuchsia button, laced with a hemp twine bow.
The Cat on Books image was stamped, in Jet Black ink, on a piece of Whisper White cardstock.  The cat was then colored in with Crumb Cake and Pink Pirouette inks and a blender pen and glittered, and the books were paper-pieced from a variety of patterned papers; before it was hand-cut out and adhered, with foam tape, in the center of my stacked, white & black glittered, felt, scalloped, circle frame, which was adhered just to the right of my embellished bow.
Now, it's your turn!  You have until Tuesday, October 11, 2011, to link up your takes over at the challenge link above.  Please also use that link to find out what you're playing for this week, as well as to see what the rest of the designers have been up to with their Stampotique Originals.  Thanks so much for stopping by, and have a terrific Thursday!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Cat on Books & Just Sitting Here Thinking of You (Stampotique) Paper: Crumb Cake, Whisper White, Lavender Lace, purple bubble, & fuchsia stripe & zig-zag (SU); lime checkered (KI Memories); black/kraft polka dot (My Mind's Eye); lime lace (October Afternoon) Ink: Crumb Cake, Basic Black, & Pink Pirouette (SU); Jet Black (StazOn) Other: black thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); Big Scalloped Circles LG (Spellbinders); Big Shot (Sizzix); felt, gingham ribbon, & hemp twine (Hobby Lobby); fuchsia button, black lace, & Dazzling Diamonds (SU); foam tape (Scotch)

11 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Ohhhhhhhh this is ADORABLE! I loveeeeeeeeeeeeee that kitty! :):):):):):):):):):):)

lynn said...

oh, my, jinny! such a CUTE card!! love how you've used these colors:)

Andrea Ewen said...

Brilliant use of the colors, Jinny...love the colorful accents and that amazing gingham bow!

Debstamps said...

Bright, cheerful, and full of fun!

Tracey said...

Oh man!!... this is so over the top fantastic use of the colour story!!!!!!!

Basement Stamper said...

don't you just love these images, so fun to color and I love the paper piecing you did on it!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

SO SORRY I've been MIA--I'm so sad I haven't been able to check out all your creations...but soon!

I LOOOOOOOOOVE this card--love the stitching and the paper piecing...and I LOVE LOVE LOVE the images you picked! SUPER fab! LOVE :)

CraftyDee said...

Absolutely LOVE this card!!

Ruby said...

GORGEOUS Jinny, love everything about it!!!

Stacy said...

Super cute card! I have to say I simply love your bows, ribbon and button on this one :)

Lisa said...

DARLING!!! Love the bold colors that you've made look so soft and cozy!