Three in One

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

I cannot remember the last time I put together a three-in-one, challenge card.  To be honest, I haven't had much extra time, as of lately, to even participate in all the fabulous, papercraft challenges out there in blog land.  We've been so busy with school and church and family events, not to mention that Ezekiel is beginning basketball, and we've got a birthday to celebrate soon.  I haven't even found the time to whip up anything with all those scrumptious apples we picked, back here, a couple of weeks ago.  But a three-in-one card is exactly what I've put together, for you all, today.
I started this card by machine stitching, with red-threaded, straight stitches, a piece of frayed canvas to a slightly larger piece of Cherry Cobbler cardstock, before adhering it to the polka-dot-embossed, Early Espresso, cardstock, card face.  I then dressed it up with a whole collection of yummy goodies, beginning with a stamped, in Chocolate Chip ink, on Crumb Cake cardstock and hand-cut, "SODA WATER" image.
The sentiment frame was stamped, in Cherry Cobbler ink, on a piece of Crumb Cake cardstock; filled in with the stamped, in Chocolate Chip ink, "WITH LOVE for you" sentiment; hand cut out; and adhered in its respective location.
A bird, postage stamp was stamped, in Chocolate Chip ink, on a piece of vellum; hand cut and punched out; adhered, in discreet locations, with mini glue dots; and embellished with a snippet of floral trim; a red, country flower, backed with bows of hemp twine; and a floral, vellum, pearl-studded butterfly.
Inspiration for this card came from the Textured to Perfection Challenge in the Moxie Fab World, as well as this creation, designed by CASE Study's October Muse, Niki Estes, for Challenge #61...
and Create For Fun's Color Challenge #40.
I finally caught up with all our camping laundry, but some of it is still waiting to be put away.  Plus, I have some papers to grade, and I'm thinking that today is a good day to make bread.  First of all, because we are out, but also because I actually had to turn the heater on this morning to keep my toes from going numb, even in socks and a pair of slippers and all.  I think our drafty, old house could use a little help, from within, with the heating.

Please don't forget that you have until the close of today EST to link up your takes on The Play Date Cafe's Challenge #103.  Then, we'll all be back, late tomorrow, with a brand new, soft and spring-like color story to inspire your creative spirits.  Until then, thanks, as always, for stopping by my little corner of the web, and happy stamping!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Spring Post - bird postage stamp & Very Vintage Greetings - sentiment (Wplus9); Soda Water Label & Oval Frame With Bow (JBS) Paper: Crumb Cake, Early Espresso, & Cherry Cobbler (SU); vellum (Paper Studio) Ink: Chocolate Chip & Cherry Cobbler (SU) Other: red thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); vellum butterfly (JBS); floral trim & red country flower (Maya Road); hemp twine (Amy & Laurie); 1/16" Handheld Circle punch & polka dot embossing folder (SU); Big Shot (Sizzix); canvas (unknown)

20 comments:

anya said...

I.love.this.

The red, cream, and brown is so rich together and I seriously love this collage style of yours. I am going to gather up some goodies and create my own inspired version a la YOU!

Fantastic as always!

Aimes said...

Wow! This is a work of art! So many gorgeous elements on this collage style card!
Thanks so much for joining us on CASE study this week :D
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Love this, and I should totally try the Spring Post on vellum, what a great idea. I get that there are too many fun challenges out there... I'm going to miss PDC this week, for the first time in ages, but organizing a virtual birthday party took up my crafty time, come stop on by-- there are all sorts of fun goodies.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is GORGEOUS! I loveeeeeeeee the colors and the material!! WOW!! :):):):):):):):):):):)

ARTES ANDRÉA PRADO said...

Hi Jinny!!
GORGEOUS!! I LOVED!!
HUGS

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Girl, you've got to tech me how you do it... not once I'd visit your blog and leave disappointed. You're such an inspiration!!

Andrea Ewen said...

Ahh, Jinny...so much eye candy packed into one glorious card! I love each and every detail you've added, so lovingly chosen and carefully laid out. Spectacular!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

WOOOW! I love the canvas and the details you have used--this is scrumptious! LOOOOOOOVE!

Mona L. Pendleton said...

What a collage of beautiful items Jinny! Lovin' it all! Thanks for joining along with CR84FN :)

Lisa said...

The stitched canvas is wonderful Jinny. Love the cluster of sweet elements!

Lindsay said...

omg, this is gorgeous Jinny! WOW! I always admire the way you layer your elements and work with color, a-mazing!

I totally hear you about being busy and wanting to play with challenges! Never enough time!!

Sherry Edwards said...

Your card is fantastically exquisite! I love all the detail in it.

Thanks for your lovely comments on my PDCC entry this week too :)

Jean Martin said...

Jinny!!! WOW!!! This is stunning! Love all the elements you put in! Gorgeous!!! As always! :)

lostinpaper said...

Just beautiful Jinny! Love all that texture, that gorgeous flower and the fabric background. Love it!

Chris and Paige Evans said...

I love the muslin backgrounds - perfect! And I love all the layers and embellishments. Beautiful cards!

Debgem said...

So many lovely details on your card - I do like the canvas panel, stitching and lace flower. Lovely! Thanks for playing along with CR84FN!

Cheryl said...

Fabulous card, Jinny! I love all the different textures and the frayed canvas is fantastic! Beautiful, just beautiful. Thanks for joining us at CR84FN!

Laura - Layers of Color said...

Ooo, gorgeous cards, Jinny!! Loving the fabric and layers of goodness! Great colors too!

Andrea M said...

A-MAZING Jinny!!! WOW! Thanks so much for playing along with CR84FN!

Cath said...

Hey Jinny! Thanks for linking this up to the Textured to Perfection challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)