WCMD Color Challenge - Wplus9

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Hey, ya'll!  Yesterday, we made it back, from our family vacation, safely and just in time to miss World Card Making Day (WCMD); but I didn't want you to miss out on a fabulous opportunity to win a gorgeous, Wplus9 Design stamp set.  So, I'm stretching WCMD into World Card Making Weekend and bringing you a little, color challenge.
That's a vacation picture of my baby girl hiding in the grasses of the South Dakota Black Hills.  And don't you worry one bit!  I've got lots more pics to share, in a couple of days, once I can filter through and edit them.  So, here's the challenge: Create a papercrafted project (card, layout, tag, or whatever), using the colors in the graphic above.  I used Stampin' Up's Crumb Cake, Chocolate Chip, Pretty in Pink, Bashful Blue, and Garden Green.  You may also use white/ivory and/or black as neutrals.  Then, link up your NEW creation below, by next Sunday, October 9, 2011, at 11:59 pm CST, for your chance to win Ever AfterWould you believe that Ever After was the very first set released in my first month designing with Wplus9 Design one year ago?  Needless to say, it holds a very special place in my heart, and I'm uber thrilled to be able to put it into the hands of one talented designer!
I'll announce the winner of this challenge next week.  You do not have to use Wplus9 stamps to be eligible to win, but I'd love to see what you can do with this color story, if you've got 'em!  And before you're off to cooking up a stunning creation, here's my take, using your selected prize.
I started this card by piecing together the light blue butterfly, brown music, and punched, pink, lace, patterned papers; machine stitching, around their edges, with white-threaded, straight stitches; and stamping, in Chocolate Chip ink, the "Congratulations" sentiment, just inside the bottom, right, stitched corner.
I then added a length of lace just above the punched strip and dressed it up with a length of Bashful Blue, taffeta ribbon, tied, in a bow, near the left edge of the card face and embellished with a pink, button blossom, laced with a hemp twine bow, before adhering the entire, prepped piece, with foam tape, to the Crumb Cake, cardstock, card face.
The flower image was then stamped, in Jet Black ink, on Whisper White cardstock; colored with Wild Wasabi, Garden Green, Pink Pirouette, and Pretty in Pink inks and a blender pen; hand cut out; ink distressed; and adhered, with foam tape, in the center of a Whisper White die-cut, which also had been ink distressed with Tea Dye and Antique Linen inks.  In turn, the die-cut itself was adhered, with foam tape, just to the right of the embellished bow to complete the look.
Please don't forget that Wplus9 Design's October Release Sneak Peeks are taking place, as I type this, over at the Design Blog.  If you haven't already, please run check it out!  And don't forget to leave a comment, during each day of the release, for your chance to win one or all of this month's release treats!  Now, if you'll excuse me, I've got my own stack, that arrived, in my mailbox, just before I left on vacation, to play with.  So, please be sure to peek back in, later this week, to see a few, more, October Release-inspired creations from myself.  Have a wonderful week, ya'll!  And I hope you all have lots of fun with this challenge!





{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Ever After (Wplus9) Paper: Crumb Cake, Whisper White, light blue butterfly, & pink lace (SU); brown music (JBS) Ink: Chocolate Chip, Wild Wasabi, Garden Green, Pink Pirouette, & Pretty in Pink (SU); Tea Dye & Antique Linen (Ranger); Jet Black (StazOn) Other: white thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); Label Layers 2 die (Wplus9); Big Shot (Sizzix); Edger punch (EK Success); Bashful Blue taffeta ribbon & pink button blossom (SU); white lace & hemp twine (Hobby Lobby); foam tape (Scotch)

11 comments:

Lindsay said...

Oh I just love this card! So so pretty Jinny!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is GORGEOUS! I loveeeeeee the colors and loving that rose! WOW! :):):):):):):):):):):)

Tracey said...

Oh JInny this is GORGEOUS girl!!! LOVE you eye for detail!!! miss you :(

Amy Kolling said...

Hi Jinny! I'm so glad that you made it back safely from your trip! This stamp set has been on my wish list for some time. I love your soft colors for the rose. Your distressing is just amazing!

Linda Beeson said...

I so love the flowers in that set, what a pretty card.

lynn said...

this is so charming, jinny! hope your trip was great!

Christina said...

What a sweet photo, Jinny! Your card is gorgeous, too, and I've had that lovely stamp set on my wish list since its release. I hope to have time to play along!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Hi Jinny! How nice of you to offer Wplus9 goodies! (I love their stuff) Don't know if I'll have time to play...we shall see. I think your card is oh-so-beautiful!

Robin said...

Such a pretty card Jinny!! Thanks for a fun challenge,
Robin

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Excited about your color challenge, I even roped in my little crafter :)

Andrea Ewen said...

Oh, bless your girly heart! This card is amazing, and beautiful, and incredible, and can you tell that I just love it! Fabulous!