Weekend Snapshots

Monday, October 17, 2011

This past weekend was my family's annual, extended-family camp out.  We have so missed getting together with everyone, because, for one reason or another, we haven't been able to attend, over the last couple of years.  So, it was truly a double blessing to get to visit with and just enjoy one another's company.  We spent most of the weekend sitting around the campfire, fishing...
(my cousin Matt's daughter Camaro, Ezekiel, my nieces Jenna and Madison, and my Uncle Rick)
exploring, hunting for critters...
skipping rocks...
playing dolls and games...
(Ezekiel and his second cousin Camaro)
(Adina, Matt's wife Linda, my cousin Matt, and my hubby)
eating...
(Linda, my Aunt Cindy, my Aunt Joanie, my Uncle Rod, my hubby, and Linda's little sister Rochelle)
taking turns on the motorcycles...
(Ezekiel with my Uncle Rick)
resting...
(my nephew Grant)
(my sweet baby girl with her bunny)
and just talking and hanging out, and we're already looking forward to next year.  Plus, I've also made a note to myself to do better at getting photos of everyone.  My Grandpa and his girlfriend, as well as my brother, big sister, and Mom and Dad were all there, at least for a portion of the weekend, and they somehow missed all of my camera shots :(.
(my cousin Matt and his wife Linda)
Oh!  And my little kiddo just LOVED catching all the bugs.  So much so, that I even caught her giving this grasshopper a big smooch!  LOL!
While we couldn't have asked for a more perfect weekend weather-wise, I'm so glad to be home, in the warmth of our little, old house, today.  The chill has set in, and the weather people are expecting our first hard-freeze this week.  Now, before I run attempt to finish the last of all our camping laundry, I'm thrilled to share that this layout earned me the title of JBS Sunday Star: October Sketch Winner yesterday.
I also never had the opportunity to tell you all that this one made not only CARD's Minimum 3 Different Border Punches Gallery, but was also chosen to be featured as inspiration for The Deconstructed Sketch's Sketch No. 20.
Thanks so much to all those who made said such possible!  I'm continually humbled and extremely honored to have any kind of recognition in such a HUGE industry, filled with so many absolutely talented individuals!  And thanks, to you all, for stopping by!  I hope you all have a truly terrific week!  Hugs!

3 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loveeeeeeee the photos!! Looks like FUN!! And CONGRATS on the shout outs! That's awesome! :):):):):):):):):):):)

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OHHHHH! LOVE all the pics--looks like everyone had a great time! Makes me wish I lived up there! FUN!

And hooOOOoray for the shout outs:)

lynn said...

congrats on your page win! love the pics, esp. the grasshopper pic--too darn cute!