Wplus9 October Release: Day 1

Friday, October 7, 2011

Note: If you've come here looking for my CAS-ual Fridays #23 & A Hop post, please scroll down.

So, the October Release Sneak Peeks, at the Wplus9 Design Blog, are over.  I was so bummed to miss out on all the fun this month, but Dawn was so sweet, when I told her that I was going to be away, with my family, on vacation.  She said, "Family first.  We'll be here when you get back."  Isn't she the best?!  Anyway, I had to walk away from my creative space with all four of this month's stamp sets just lying there, waiting to be unwrapped, sniffed, and inked up.  Killer!  Ugh!  And on top of that, if it's possible, this month's release is one of the best yet!  But I got busy, just as soon as my schedule would allow, when we got home, and put these babies to work to compile five days of projects for your viewing pleasure.  I'm showing off Fair Isle Backgrounds today.  And I'm telling you, I had the hardest time putting this one down!  Gosh, it's GORGEOUS! 
Set of 10 high-quality, photopolymer stamps
7 background building strips and 3 individual background building images
Size: 6" x 8"
Price: $19

Please excuse my backdrop in the project photo below.  My desk, in my lofty craft space, has the best light in the house.  Unfortunately, the area around it isn't always the cleanliest.  Anyway, check out my trio of coordinating, Christmas decorations!
I actually considered spray painting that advent calendar white before stamping.  I had the can in hand, but my love for kraft won over.  I decided to stamp it as it was, and I'm absolutely thrilled with my decision.  So, I stamped the raw drawers, in both Real Red and White ink, with the background images and Cricut-cut the numbers from Whisper White cardstock.
The only other thing I did was dress the top of the drawers up with a fringed, polka dot ribbon, tied in a bow and embellished with a bundle of mini pine cones and a red button, laced with hemp twine bows.
I then painted wooden, candle cups with Winter White, acrylic paint and dressed up their centers with strips of Real Red cardstock, white-embossed with another background image.
Finally, I made a woven, paper heart from Real Red and Whisper White cardstock, the latter of which was stamped, in Real Red ink, with the background design.  The best instructions I've found for re-creating one of these gorgeous, Scandinavian traditions can be found here.  I used 11" x 3" strips of cardstock and cut my slits every inch, 3-1/8" up from the folded edge.
That's all I have for you all today, but please come on back, tomorrow, to see what else these new goodies have inspired me, immediately, to create.  And remember that three of the four October sets are available, even as I type this, in the Wplus9 Design Online Store, and the fourth is freely yours with any $30 purchase during the month of October.  Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you all have a blessed weekend!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Fair Isle Backgrounds (Wplus9) Paper: Whisper White & Real Red (SU) Ink: White & Real Red (SU); watermark (VersaMark) Other: kraft advent box, fringed polka dot ribbon, hemp twine, mini pine cone bundle, & wood candle cups (Hobby Lobby); Winter White acrylic paint (FolkArt); red button (Denami Design); white embossing powder (Ranger); Storybook Cricut cartridge & Cricut (Provo Craft)

12 comments:

Lynn said...

Jinny, what an absolutely amazing trio of Christmas decorations. I am in love with them all!

Cozycomfycouch said...

Wonderful! Truly creative! Have a wonderful weekend!!!!

Ruby said...

What a lovely project!! Love those little drawers, they look adorable!

Lindsay said...

Wow! Amazing projects Jinny! I "need" that set now!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wowwwwwwwwwwwwww! This entire set is AMAZINGLY BEAUTIFUL!! I loveeeeeeeee it!! I am trying to find something to make an advent calendar with! :):):):):):):):):):)

Christina said...

These are amazing! I adore your advent calendar, and I think you made the right decision keeping the kraft. I can't wait for this set to arrive on my doorstep!

lynn said...

stunning, jinny! such a great use of the new stamps! happy weekend!

Irene said...

Love the heart...very clever!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Yep, I'm glad you kept the kraft for this Advent box project. Looks terrific!

anya said...

This is super amazingly gorgeous! What a great addition to your holiday decor - I love that these images are so perfect for not only Christmas, but the rest of winter, too. Love the red and white!

Elise said...

Eeeeeeeeek! An entire SET of fabulosity! You are WONDERFULLY crafty, Madame Jinny! GOSH, it sure looks like you had a BLAST with this release! Thanks for re-inspiring ME!

Laura - Layers of Color said...

Darling project!