CASE Study #64 & Embellish Die Cuts Color Trends Challenge

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Good afternoon!  It is rainy and cold in our neck of the woods, and I think the afternoon is calling for something sweet, warm, and homemade to wrap up dinner; but I've got a few things to tackle before that can be done, including sharing this beauty with you all.  Enjoy!
I started this card by scoring a piece of Very Vanilla cardstock with boxes to represent the panels on a front door; adhering it to the Crumb Cake, cardstock, card face; distressing its edges with Tea Dye and Antique Linen inks; and stamping the "thinking of you" sentiment, in Perfect Plum ink, in its bottom center.
I then die-cut a variety of leaves from Garden Green and Certainly Celery cardstock; dry embossed them with polka dots; distressed their edges with Tea Dye and Antique Linen inks for dimension; and adhered them, some with foam tape, around the edges of a circular, paper wreath, before adhering it, with more foam tape, to the top center of the Very Vanilla, cardstock piece.
That, too, is where it was embellished with a stamped, in Lavender Lace and Perfect Plum inks, on Whisper White cardstock, butterfly, which was, in turn, hand cut out, glittered, and further dressed up with a plum, button blossom, laced with hemp twine and a trio of hemp twine bows, to complete the look.
Inspiration for this card came from this beautiful creation, by CASE Study's November Muse, Kryssi Ng, for Challenge #64...
and Embellish's Die Cuts Color Trends Challenge.
And while I have your attention, I'm thrilled to share that this layout made me the Studio Purge Sketch Contest Winner over at PageMaps!  Woohoo!  Thank you so, so much to Becky and Lisa!  I'm honored and so stinkin' excited for that gorgeous package to arrive at my front door!  Thank you!
Okay, ya'll I'm off to work on a couple of DT projects.  Plus, I need to rustle up something yummy for dessert.  Don't forget that you have until the close of the day today EST to link up your takes, on Challenge #106, over at The Play Date Cafe.  Then, I'll be back, late tomorrow, with a brand new, color story splash.  Until then, happy stamping, and thanks so much for stopping by my little corner of the web!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Flora & Fauna I & Very Vintage Greetings (Wplus9) Paper: Certainly Celery, Garden Green, Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla, & Whisper White (SU) Ink: Perfect Plum & Lavender Lace (SU); Tea Dye & Antique Linen (Ranger) Other: score board (Martha Stewart); Disney Halloween die (Provo Craft); Big Shot (Sizzix); Dazzling Diamonds, polka dot embossing folder, & plum button blossom (SU); hemp twine (craft supply store)

14 comments:

Colleen Dietrich said...

Wow! What eye candy this is, Jinny. Love the wreath hung on the 'front door'. The splash of purple looks so vibrant against those greens. Congrats on your win, too. :)

Lindsay said...

Oh, Jinny! I just love this card! So so pretty and the way it looks like a door, genious!

Lynn said...

Oh..so clever! I love how you created the door with your scor lines. And the wreath is gorgeous!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wowwwwwwwwwwwwwww! This is GORGEOUS! I love love love love the layered leaves! :):):):):):):):):):):)

Cheryl said...

Congratulations on your Page Maps win!!! It is definitely a gorgeous creation! I love that it really does look like a door, and that butterfly is the perfect accent!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

This is SOOOOOOOO gorgeous! I LOVE your wreath--and I LOVE that butterfly embellishment on it! CLEVER and FABULOUS! What a beautiful card!!!!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

I just looked at your card again--WOW! AMAZING! Just thought I would tell you!!!!

Annette said...

WOW your are is stunning... I love the whole design..

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Absolutely AMAZING and totally creative! Look at this scoring, wow!

lostinpaper said...

As always your card is perfect! I love the embossed panels on the door and that wreath is so luscious with all it's layers!

Wendy said...

This is so creative, Jenny. Love how the card is a door with a hanging whreath.

Sherry Edwards said...

Hi Jinny, your door wreath card is beautiful! What a wonderful design and I love how you make your distress shading so subtle.

Congratulations on winning the sketch contest too!

Thanks for coming to see my PDCC entry for this week and for your lovely comments, always much appreciated xx

lynn said...

oh my goodness, jinny, congrats on you sketch win! you do such beautiful work, always! your card is so darling, too!

Ashley Cannon Newell said...

Beautiful job creating that wreath!