CPS 244

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Good afternoon!  I meant to pop in here a little sooner today but accidentally dozed off, nestled in all snug and warm, with my baby girl, when story time was over.  I guess that I was more tired than I realized.  So, before I get into the creation I have for you all, I wanted to stop and say thank you for all the kind words, encouragement, and praise you all have left for me both here and over in the Moxie Fab World.  I'm totally blushing and still need to be pinched :), but big hugs and thanks, again and again, just the same.  Ya'll are truly the best!
This one was so fun, my daughter claimed it as her own and walked right out of my craft space with it in tow.  You'll be happy to know that it was rescued and is now safe and sound awaiting its recipient, though.  Anyway, I started this card by stamping the "friend" text, in watermark ink, on a piece of Whisper White cardstock; inking it up, from top to bottom, in Barn Door, Wild Honey, Wild Wasabi, Tumbled Glass, and Dusty Concord inks; framing it with a piece of Very Vanilla cardstock, as well as black-threaded, double, machine stitches to mimic the sentiment frame to come; adhering it to the Crumb Cake, cardstock, card face; and distressing the edges of everything with Tea Dye and Antique Linen inks.
I then stamped a frame, in Jet Black ink, on a Very Vanilla, cardstock die cut, which had also been distressed with Tea Dye and Antique Linen inks; filled it in with the stamped, in Ruby Red ink, "thinking of you" sentiment; and glittered its edges...
before adhering it, with foam tape, over lots of different bows, which were stacked and assembled to coordinate with the inked background and embellished with color-coordinating, button blossoms, laced with hemp twine bows.
Inspiration for this card came from Card Positioning Systems' Sketch 244.
I'm also absolutely thrilled to share that this layout earned me the title of Colour Queen, over at ColourQ, yesterday!  Woohoo!  Thanks so very much, ladies!  It is always a pleasure to play along with your truly remarkable color stories!
Please don't forget that you have until the close of today EST to link up your takes on The Play Date Cafe's Challenge #107.  Then, I'll be back, late tomorrow, with a brand new, warm and spicy color story to try your hand at.  Until then, happy stamping, and thanks so much for dropping by!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Defining Words & Very Vintage Greetings (Wplus9) Paper: Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla, & Whisper White (SU) Ink: Wild Wasabi & Ruby Red (SU); watermark (VersaMark); Jet Black (StazOn); Barn Door, Wild Honey, Tumbled Glass, Dusty Concord, Tea Dye, & Antique Linen (Ranger) Other: black thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); Label Layers 3 die (Wplus9); Big Shot (Sizzix); foam tape (Scotch); various ribbons (Hobby Lobby); hemp twine (craft supply store); button blossoms & Dazzling Diamonds (SU)

14 comments:

Ruby said...

Well firstly congratulations my friend! I left you a message over at Moxie Fab World, you TOTALLY deserve to be featured!

This card is just GORGEOUS! I LOVE your blending, must give that a go. I didn't even know they did a Wasabi, shows what I know. I thought I had most of them lol

Lisa said...

Love the cheerful colors of this one Jinny, I can see why your little one was so happy to claim it as her own!! Congrats on your win :) great LO!!!

ARTES ANDRÉA PRADO said...

Hi Jenny!!
Wonderful card. I loved it!
Hugs

Laurie said...

Congrats my friend! I am so happy for you! Your card today is beautiful! I love that background! So bright and cheery!!

(Hey send me a text when you have time! I lost all of my contacts in my phone! Hope all is well! Tell your hubby and kids hi!)

Lindsay said...

This card is so fun and colorful! I love it!

Lynn said...

Way to go on ColourQ! Very well deserved! And....what about today's gorgeous rainbow of colors? I'd be running off with this card too! I love it!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh this is GORGEOUS! I loveeeeeee the rainbow! :):):):):):):):):):):)

Laura - Layers of Color said...

Oh my, Jinny...this is a beauty! I'd want to walk out of your studio with it too! LOL! It reminds me of God's covenant, the rainbow. Ah, a lovely card!!

Pauline said...

This is just beautiful, a gorgeous rainbow of colours with spectacular inking! Love the little bows, buttons and twine!

Joan B said...

gorgeous. love the gradient background and the beautiful ribbons framing the sentiment. and congrats on the moxie fab shout out!!

Elise said...

Hi, sweetie pie! THIS is stunning - I would have tried to haul it off, myself! I don't know what is making me swoon more, however. This card or the THOUGHT of napping with a wee girl after story time - IT is a CHARMED life you live, just sayin'! {LOL!} This is pure gorgeousness! Congrats for the Moxie Fab, moxie FAB! {Of course, I already knew that about you! xoxo}

Andrea Ewen said...

Wow, this is strikingly gorgeous! Love all those beautiful colors...arranged perfectly! You've knocked this one outta the park, girl!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OHHH! LOVE the inked colors---that gradient background is SUPER amazing!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Gosh, this is gorgeous, Jinny! Such a vibrant card, meant to make some recipient feel very, very good indeed!

Congrats on your Colour Q win, as well as being Moxie Fabber. Wow, what an honor, huh??

I've been meaning to ask you about the tiny thin hemp twine you use. What brand is it, and what department of a craft store would it be in?