Embellish Leaves Color Trends Challenge & Card Patterns Sketch 142

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

It's so hard to believe that tomorrow is Thanksgiving!  I mean, it seems like just yesterday we were celebrating my baby girl's birthday.  Next thing I know I'm going to wake up, and it'll be Christmas, and I'm so not ready yet!  I'm not even ready for tomorrow for heaven's sake!  But here I am, still frittering away time, typing up this post.  LOL!  So, since I've got about a hundred things to do, how about I skip the chit chat and get right to the creation I have, for you all, today.
I started this card by adhering a strip of navy, basket weave, patterned paper, which had been stamped, in White ink, with the lacy border, down the left side of the Crumb Cake, cardstock, card face; a block of green, weave, patterned paper in the card face's top, right corner; and a die cut, journaling card in the bottom right corner.  I then machine stitched, around the edges of the straight sides, with white-threaded, straight stitches and, between the vertical connection of the various papers, with white-threaded, zig-zag stitches, before distressing the edges of everything with Tea Dye and Antique Linen inks.  A length of seam binding ribbon, dyed with Jack Frost and Candy Apple Red Glimmer Mists and crinkled, was wrapped, around the card face, just to the right of the stamped lace; tied in a dressy bow; and embellished with a Rich Razzleberry button, laced with a hemp twine bow.
The "celebrate TODAY" sentiment was stamped, in Rich Razzleberry ink, in the top of the die cut, journaling card.
I then Cricut-cut a leafy branch from Always Artichoke cardstock, distressed its edges with Tea Dye and Antique Linen inks, and adhered it, with foam tape, arched, to the right edge of the card face, under the stamped sentiment.  A floral trim flower was then backed with a trio of hemp twine bows and adhered at the leafy branch's base, before being flanked with two, stamped, in Always Artichoke ink, on Very Vanilla cardstock, and hand cut leaves.  Finally, I stamped the leafy, postage stamp image, in Night of Navy ink, on vellum, hand cut it out, punched its edges to give the appearance of a real-life postage stamp, and tucked it under the right side of the embellished flower, to complete the look.
Inspiration for this card came from Embellish's Leaves Color Trends Challenge...
and Card Patterns' Sketch 142.
Okay, ya'll, I'm off to finish up some baking and get my bathrooms cleaned.  Please don't forget that you still have another week to take on The Play Date Cafe's Challenge #108.
I'll be back, tomorrow morning, with my take on Sketches in Thyme's next challenge; but until then, thanks so much for stopping by, and have a truly blessed Thanksgiving!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Very Vintage Greetings - sentiment, Spring Post - postage stamp, Ever After - leaves, & Mehndi Medallions - lace border (Wplus9) Paper: Crumb Cake & Very Vanilla (SU); navy basket weave & green weave (Nikki Sivils); vellum (Paper Studio) Ink: Always Artichoke, Night of Navy, & White (SU); Tea Dye & Antique Linen (Ranger) Other: white thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); Storybook Cricut cartridge & Cricut (Provo Craft); die cut journaling card (Jenni Bowlin); foam tape (Scotch); floral trim (Maya Road); hemp twine (Creative Impressions); white seam binding ribbon (Zipper Stop); Jack Frost & Candy Apple Red Glimmer Mist (Tattered Angels); Rich Razzleberry button (SU)

11 comments:

Lisa said...

WOW!!! Loaded with lots of pretties! Great card Jinny. I'm taking a brief breather from my baking and cleaning...15 here for dinner tomorrow!!!! God Bless and have a wonderful holiday ;)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is STUNNING! I loveeeeeeeeeeeee the colors and love love love that crinkle ribbon!! Happy Thanksgiving! :):):):):):):):):):):):)

ARTES ANDRÉA PRADO said...

Hi Jenny!
Your card was wonderful!
I loved it! what beautiful colors!
hugs

Christina said...

Aaaaah! This is amazing! Your attention to detail is always so inspiring. I love the mixture of different leaves you used!

lynn said...

beautiful card, jinny! gorgeous ribbon, too! have a wonderful thanksgiving!

Lindsay said...

Sooo gorgeous Jinny, so much exquisite detail!

Have a wonderful Happy Thanksgiving!

Kristii said...

What a beautiful card!!!! The colors are amazing and all the details are absolutely fabulous!! Thanks for joining in the fun at Card Patterns!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OHHH! I LOVE that beautiful bow and all your details! I am over trying to make these bows---can I send all my cards to you? You attach the bows and send them back? Or better yet--you move here! I have an extra room:) LOVE LOVE LOVE!

Sabrina said...

WOW! Congrats Jinny. This is truely an amazing card. If I had such a card I would frame it! The colours!!!...the details!!! I would love to see this published for you. Just love it!

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Congrats!!!

Ruby said...

Woohoo! Congratulations on being featured over at Card Patterns, I'm SO not surprised, this is a beauty! LOVE that coloured ribbon!! FAB!