MFW: Random Fun Challenge & MTMEPP35

Monday, November 14, 2011

I'm beyond thrilled to share that I am being featured as the Moxie Fabber of the Week, this week, in the Moxie Fab World.  Aaaah!  Even having seen the post and typing that here, I still cannot believe it!  Somebody pinch me!  I'm humbled and honored and would be beyond thrilled if you'd all run check it out!  Before I go any further, I simply must send out a HUGE thank you to the sweet Cath for her having seen something special in me; for her kind words; for her help every, single step of the way; and of course, for the constant display of inspiration she brings to us all.  Thank you so much, Cath!

With that said, I trust that you all had a wonderful weekend!  I think that I may have spoken a little too soon about my kiddos feeling better.  Ugh!  So, we spent much of the weekend with BJ or myself home with the sick kiddos and the other running off to get things accomplished.  I got a little time to do some Christmas shopping both on Saturday and Sunday and got to stand behind the table, at church yesterday, for sign-ups to help provide Thanksgiving meals to needy families in our church and community.  I LOVE to see people who can reaching out to help those who cannot, and what a complete blessing it was for me to get to be a part of it all!

I also finally got Adina's three-year-old pics picked up from the photographer, which meant that it was time to get her birthday thank yous made and into the hands of their recipients.  I'd love to share those thank yous, with you all, today.
Let's take a look at one up close and personal.  Shall we?
I started this card by adhering the pink and red, floral, patterned paper to a 3-1/4" x 2-3/4", Very Vanilla, cardstock, card face.  I then stamped the silhouette stamp, in Jet Black ink, on a piece of Very Vanilla cardstock; hand cut it out; and adhered it, with foam tape, in the center of the card face.  The "thank you" sentiment was stamped, in Jet Black ink, on a strip of vellum and adhered, just at its ends, so as to conceal the glue, before machine stitching, with black-threaded, zig-zag stitches, around the patterned, paper piece.
A Pure Poppy button, laced with a hemp twine bow and adhered to the hair of the silhouette, completes the look; and don't you think that it just couldn't have been a more perfect, finishing touch?  I just LOVE it to pieces!
Inspiration for these cuties came from the Random Fun Challenge, in the Moxie Fab World, to incorporate a button and in which there is still plenty of time to play along, My Time Made Easy's Pretty Palette #35 (which is so a color story that I normally would've completely avoided.  Black and pink just don't seem to work for me, but adding that bit of red made all the difference in the world!  Who would've thought?!)...
and my November Jenni Bowlin kit.  L-O-V-E!
Here's the deets...
  • 8 double sided JBS Papers
  • 2 Bazzill Cardstocks
  • 1 Core'dinations Cardstock
  • 1 JBS Shadow Sticker sheet
  • 1 package of JBS Vintage Number Cards
  • 1 package of Basic Grey Brads
  • Mercantile Exclusive Stamp
  • Mercantile Exclusive Stencil
  • Mercantile Exclusive Month Bingo Card
  • 1 vintage early 1900’s “Will” ledger page
  • Pillow box containing... 
    • May Arts Twill Ribbon
    • Maya Road Resin Flowers
    • 3 small vintage milk caps
 Thanks so much for stopping by, and have a wonderful, work week, ya'll!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Rainbow & Cloud Sentiments (Lil' Inkers); Boy & Girl Silhouette Heads (JBS) Paper: Very Vanilla (SU); pink & red floral (JBS); vellum (Paper Studio) Ink: Jet Black (StazOn) Other: black thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); foam tape (Scotch); Pure Poppy button (PTI); hemp twine (craft supply store)

17 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

CONGRATS on the feature!! That is soooooooooooo AWESOME!! WOW!! And loving the cards!! Those silhouettes are AMAZING!! :):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Lisa said...

Jinny this is the sweetest thing I've seen in a while...so darn cute!!!

anya said...

Congratulations on being featured on the Moxie Fab World blog, Jinny! Its so great to see you being recognized for your fantastic work!

Lindsay said...

Yeah for being Moxie Fab Jinny! But then, that is already plain to see! I LOVE the set, so fabulous!

Charlene said...

Great!! Congrats on the Moxie fab feature! That has to be soooo exciting!!! And I LOVE this card it is truly fantastic!! Thanks so much for playing along this week at MTME Pretty Palettes :-)

Lisa Kind said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lynn said...

Jinny! I am so thrilled for you! What a very, very well deserved honor for you to be featured as the Moxie Fabber of the Week! Not surprised one bit and am very happy for you!

And these thank you notes are beyond adorable! The perfect thank you!

Lisa Kind said...

I had to remove my previous comment sorry! This is so pretty! I'm so glad the colors worked for you. These are certainly beautiful cards! And congrats for being featured on the Moxie Fab World. Thanks for playing our Pretty Palette challenge!

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Congrats on the Colour Q win and the mOxie Fab spotlight, wooo hook!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OHHHH! These cards are sooooooo pretty! CONGRATS on your Moxie Fabber feature and win over at Colour Q!!! YOU are AMAZING:)

ferrellgraph-x said...

Congrats on being featured on Moxie Fab World! What an honor! it's like you've gotten The Good Housekeeping Seal Of Approval from Cath! Whoot Whoot! You Rock!
Kindest regards,
Jennifer

Ruby said...

I love black, pink and red as a colour combo. Really sweet cards! Well done on Moxie as I said, and also on Color Q, there's no stopping you girl!

Elise said...

THESE are positively INSPIRED! My GOODNES, you sure run a cute SHOW! Congrats on all of the acknowledgement and well deserved kuddos, friend! {*Swoon!*}

Romaine said...

Congrats on Moxie Fabber! LOVE the cards, what a sweet set- the silhouette,MTME layer of thank-you and the bow on the head! Soooo adorable!
Thanks for playing with us again this week at MTME!

Andrea Ewen said...

What a fabulous color combination and that silhouette image is just gorgeous! Wonderful job on this one!

Cath said...

Hey Jinny! Thanks for linking this up to the Random Fun Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Jill Grace said...

So sweet! Your card is darling - the button is the perfect touch