PDCC108 - Lawn Fawn

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Welcome to The Play Date Cafe's Challenge #108!
Our sponsor for this week is Lawn Fawn...
and I used On the Mend, along with that maroon, cooper, and tumeric color story above, to create this.
You all know that I'm a Stampin' Up girl through and through, but I had a little difficulty translating this one into manageable colors.  I ended up with More Mustard, Really Rust, and Cherry Cobbler; although, I think the top of the trio could also translate as Crumb Cake or Creamy Caramel.  Anyway, I started this card by scoring a piece of Very Vanilla cardstock to mimic bead board; topping it with a floral, patterned paper for wall paper; and trimming the space between the two papers with a triangle of mustard, plaid, patterned paper, which had been machine stitched, on two of its three sides, with black threaded, straight stitches and represents a table cloth.  I then adhered a strip of Very Vanilla cardstock, stamped, in Jet Black ink, with the "wishing you a speedy recovery" sentiment, near and overlapping the top edge of the prepped piece, before anchoring it, across the lengths of its top and bottom edges, with black-threaded, straight, machine stitches.
The entire prepped piece was then adhered to the Crumb Cake, cardstock, card face and distressed with Tea Dye and Antique Linen inks, before a length of sheer, polka dot ribbon was wrapped, around the card face, between the two, patterned papers and embellished with a mustard button, laced with a trio of hemp twine bows.
I then stamped each of my images, in Jet Black ink, on Very Vanilla cardstock; colored them in with Really Rust, More Mustard, and Cherry Cobbler inks and a blender pen; hand cut them out; and adhered them, with foam tape, in their respective locations.  A little glitter, added to the flowers' centers, and Crystal Effects, applied over the ingredients of the bowl, complete the look.  LOVE the way that little bowl looks as though it's filled with a hearty helping of Butternut Squash Soup!  It was on our menu last week, but I'm thinking it needs to make a comeback!  Mmmm!
Now, it's your turn, ya'll!  You have until, 11:59 pm EST, on Tuesday, November 29, 2011, to link up your entries over at the challenge link above.  That's two weeks, folks, due to the Thanksgiving holiday here in the states!  Please also be sure to use that link to check out what the rest of the team has created with their Lawn Fawn cuties, as well as to find out what you're playing for this week.  Until next time, especially for those of you who aren't regular followers of my blog, keep those fingers inky and have a truly wonderful and blessed Thanksgiving! 

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: On the Mend (Lawn Fawn) Paper: Crumb Cake & Very Vanilla (SU); floral & mustard plaid (Jenni Bowlin) Ink: More Mustard, Really Rust, & Cherry Cobbler (SU); Jet Black (StazOn); Tea Dye & Antique Linen (Ranger) Other: black thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); score board (Martha Stewart); hemp twine (craft supply store); mustard button (New Phase); Dazzling Diamonds & Crystal Effects (SU); foam tape (Scotch); sheer polka dot ribbon (Making Memories)

9 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

OMYGOODINESS!!!! Sooooooooooooooooo cuteeeeeeeeeeee! I just love the little tissue and the soup!! ADORABLE! :):):):):):):):):):):)

Lynn said...

Oh my word! I love how your created the little table visual on this card! So, so adorable!

Andrea Ewen said...

Super duper cute, Jinny...love those smiling little faces and the colors are perfect!

Lisa said...

WOW Jinny, this is darling! Love the sweet collection of papers and stamps!!

Lindsay said...

Aw, this is too cute Jinny! I love that set and you did a fabulous job using it!

Colleen Dietrich said...

I'm a Stampin' Up! girl too, thru and thru, and I wound up using some Martha Stewart glitters to create my sock card, 'cause I couldn't find suitable SU papers.

Regardless of how close any of us came to those colors, I have to say I LOVE this card of yours! The Lawn Fawn set you used is absolutely adorable, and I like how you displayed those pieces. So cute!

Cyndie said...

Oh gosh, WHAT a DARLING card! I love all the details, your paper piecing, your choice of colors and patterns, and the subtle inking of the edges! TFS!

Marlena M. said...

Lovely scene you created, Jinny! ;)

Ruby said...

Absolutely adorable Jinny! You know I love my Lawn Fawn and this is just simply fab! Love everything about it!