PDCC109 - Sweet Stamp Shop

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Welcome to The Play Date Cafe's Challenge #109!
Our sponsor for this week is Sweet Stamp Shop...
who graciously gifted me Tree Traditions.  Thank you, Sweet Stamp Shop!  I had the perfect idea for a layout in mind with these cuties as soon as I got them but nixed it the minute I saw that color story, which was a bit of a challenge with this set anyway, never mind trying to tie in pics.  Aaah!  So, in putting my new goodies together with that Smokey Purple, Blush (I leaned more toward the coral in the inspiration photographs.), and Champagne color story above, I came up with this.
I started this card by using heat 'n stick powder to stamp and glitter snowflakes on the coral, polka dot, patterned paper; framing it with a piece of Perfect Plum cardstock; machine stitching, with coral-threaded, zig-zag stitches, around its edges; and adhering it to the Crumb Cake, cardstock, card face.
I then adhered a length of white lace, stacked below a length of coral lace, vertically, just left of center.  A length of white, seam binding ribbon was then wrapped over the laces; tied in a dressy bow; and embellished with a snowflake and purple button, laced with a hemp twine bow.
The "It's a Tree Pickin' kind of day." sentiment was stamped, in Perfect Plum ink, on a Cricut-cut from Whisper White cardstock, laced with hemp twine, and distressed with Tea Dye and Antique Linen inks, tag and tucked under the embellished bow.
Finally, I stamped the car image, in Jet Black ink, on a piece of distressed, with Tea Dye and Antique Linen inks, Whisper White cardstock; colored it with Cameo Coral, Crumb Cake, Wild Wasabi, Bordering Blue, Baja Breeze, Basic Black, and Chocolate Chip inks and a blender pen; framed it with another piece of Perfect Plum cardstock; machine stitched, with coral-threaded, zig-zag stitches, around its edges; and adhered it, centered and tucked under the embellished bow, with foam tape.  I hope ya'll can forgive me for adding in a touch of green.  Call me crazy or old fashioned, but I think trees are meant to be green ;).
Now, it's your turn!  You have until the close of the day EST, next Tuesday, December 6, 2011, to link up your takes over at the challenge link above.  Please also use that link to see what the rest of the designers have cooked up with their Sweet Stamp Shop goodies, as well as to find out what you're playing for this week.  Thanks so much for stopping by, and have a wonderful close to your Wednesday!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Tree Traditions (Sweet Stamp Shop) Paper: Crumb Cake, Whisper White, & Perfect Plum (SU); coral polka dot (sei) Ink: Cameo Coral, Crumb Cake, Wild Wasabi, Bordering Blue, Baja Breeze, Basic Black, Chocolate Chip, & Perfect Plum (SU); Tea Dye & Antique Linen (Ranger); Jet Black (StazOn); watermark (VersaMark) Other: coral thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); foam tape (Scotch); Dazzling Diamonds, heat 'n stick powder, & purple button (SU); white seam binding ribbon (Zipper Stop); hemp twine (Creative Impressions); snowflake ornament (Hobby Lobby); white lace (Paper Studio); coral lace (Making Memories); George & Basic Shapes Cricut cartridge & Cricut (Provo Craft)

7 comments:

Lynn said...

The car with the tree is so adorable! And fabulous coloring Jinny!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is FABULOUS!! LOVING that stamp you used!!! Sooooooooooooo fun! :):):):):):):):):):):)

Christina said...

I love this SO much, Jinny! I think the non-traditional Christmas colors are perfect for this whimsical image (though I would have insisted on a green tree, too!).

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

WOOOOOOOOOOOOW! Jinny---you really went above and beyond! LOVE the papers and that pink vehicle!! LOVE LOVE LOVE your stitching and design--beautifully done;) YOU amaze me!

Lindsay said...

Oh my gracious, I looove what you did with that image! This is such a fabulous card girl!

Lisa said...

What a sweet bit of vintagey whimsy Jinny! The fun colors are great for this nostalgic looking image.

Marlena M. said...

So pretty...I love the stitching, the coloring, and the tag sentiment. Lovely work Jinny. ;)