PL257 & TCR #83

Friday, November 4, 2011

Hey, ya'll!  I wanted to quick pop in here with another late post before the weekend, but I'm super tired, so let's just get right to it.
I started this layout by piecing lots of scrap, patterned papers onto an 11" square of computer paper; adhering it to the Crumb Cake, cardstock, base page; and machine stitching, with white-threaded, zig-zag stitches, around the outside edges of the paper-pieced piece, as well as between each patterned paper connection.  I've got to tell you all that I just couldn't LOVE this quilted look any more!  Yummy!  And talk about a great way to use up those scraps!  I then stamped the "POST CARD" image, as well as the address lines, in Pumpkin Pie ink, on a hand-cut, Very Vanilla, cardstock tag, which had its top punched and highlighted with a white, reinforcement label and was distressed with Tea Dye and Antique Linen inks.  This piece served as my journaling card, which reads, I just couldn't resist taking these cute shots of you catching some zzz's.  For about three months, you couldn't decide whether you wanted your am nap or not.  And I loved that your bunny was always super close by.  5.20.10.
After adhering my pics, under which I tucked a length of ivory lace, I added a bunch of black, ink drips randomly throughout the design and created my "CAUGHT NAPpIn" title, which was made from kraft, hardcover Thickers and black, mini, chalkboard alphas and highlighted with a pink button, laced with a hemp twine bow.
A rubon ink well was tucked into the bottom right corner of the prepped, journaling card and dressed up, to its right, with an aqua, fan flower, backed with a trio of hemp twine bows and topped with a "sweet DREAMS", die-cut circle to which I added a little glitter.  A couple of punched, from Whisper White cardstock, and glittered clouds round out the top right corner of the layout...
and turn our eye to the bottom right corner to which I added an orange, bunny flashcard, trimmed with a paper clip and "carefree", die-cut sticker...
as well as a pink, die-cut photo corner.
I then stamped a "NOTES" box, in Pretty in Pink ink, on a piece of Very Vanilla cardstock; distressed it with Tea Dye and Antique Linen inks; stapled it near and overlapping the bottom left corner of the quilted piece; and dressed it up with a "10 cent" rubon; a house, Bingo chip; a wood bobbin and an aqua button blossom, both of which were laced with hemp twine; and a pink, "REMEMBER" sticker.
Inspiration for this layout came from Pencil Lines' Sketch 247...
and The Color Room's Palette #83: {Sun Room}.
Before I run put my tired hubby to bed, I'm thrilled to share that this layout made Embellish's Buttons Color Trends What's Hot List.  Woohoo!  Thanks ever so much to Ashley and her talented team!
And thanks, as always, to you all, for stopping by!  Have a wonderful, relaxing, fun-filled weekend!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Design Basics: Classroom Backgrounds (Wplus9); Post Card Box (JBS) Paper: Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla, Whisper White, & pink stripe (SU); aqua plaid (Cosmo Cricket); pink star (Jillibean Soup); aqua design & stripe & gray polka dot (Fancy Pants); pink polka dot (DCWV); orange polka dot (My Mind's Eye); orange star (JBS) Ink: Pumpkin Pie, Pretty in Pink, & Basic Black (SU); Tea Dye & Antique Linen (Ranger); Jet Black (StazOn) Other: white thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); Cloud punch (Fiskars); score board (Martha Stewart); Dazzling Diamonds, "sweet DREAMS" die-cut, pink button, & aqua button blossom (SU); hemp twine (craft supply store); ivory lace (Paper Studio); rubons (7 Gypsies); Hardcover Thickers (American Crafts); black mini chalkboard alphas (JBS); house Bingo chip (Maya Road); wood bobbin (Prima); "REMEMBER" sticker (K&Company); "carefree" die-cut sticker (My Mind's Eye); bunny flashcard (Cosmo Cricket); pink die-cut photo corner (Sassafras); paper clip, hole punch, & reinforcement label (office supply store)

6 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is AWESOME Jinny! I loveeeeeeeeeeeee the photos and all the papers you used!! :):):):):):):):):):):)

Elise said...

One day... WHEN I win the lotto - I want to INVITE myself out for a trip to visit {!} lovely you, just soz I can pour myself through your AMAZING scrapbooks - THIS layout has my DANCING in my seat - I LOVE IT, honey! YOU are such a delight! Great job! I, literally, want to hug this! {HEE HEE!}

Lynn said...

Jinny, Let's chat :) Do you submit your layouts to Creating Keepsakes and Scrapbook Trends? Seriously, they are amazing! I'd love to be able to create layouts like you. You know how to use gorgeous embellishments yet keep the focus on the wonderful pictures and memories. Wonderful!

Lindsay said...

Awesome LO Jinny! Wow, so full of detail and loveliness! I just love your scrapbbook layouts!

Colleen Dietrich said...

You sure do know how to combine challenges, Miss. ;) I love this patchwork effect on the LO. It's PERFECT for a naptime theme!

Basement Stamper said...

Gorgeous scrapbook page, love all the various scraps you used on it.