The Ribbon Reel #15 & Deconstructed Sketch No. 28

Friday, November 18, 2011

What a week it has been in my neck of the woods!  My big kiddo is STILL running a low-grade fever and has a nagging cough, but his vitals, white blood cell count, and everything else seem to be completely normal.  So, for now, we're waiting it out.  Ugh!  My little kiddo finally got over her bout with the ickies, but the two of them combined seem to have thrown some of their sickies my direction.  I'm sure that, with a little extra rest, I'll be on the up and up, before the weekend is through, though.  Other than that, it has been a decent week.  Ezekiel did amazing with school despite not feeling well.  In fact, we haven't had a week this good in a long time and just in time for Thanksgiving break, too!  Woohoo!  I'll take that :)!

Anyway, enough of me rambling.  You all came here to see a new creation, I'm sure.  So, without further ado, here she is.
I started this card by machine stitching, with black-threaded, straight stitches, around the edges of a piece of multi-colored, oval, patterned paper; stamping the "Birthday Wishes" sentiment, in Jet Black ink, centered just inside its bottom edge; and adhering it to the Crumb Cake, cardstock, card face.
I then stamped over a piece of black, butterfly, patterned paper, which had its bottom corners rounded, in White ink, with the "friend" text; framed it with a piece of Real Red cardstock, which also had its bottom corners rounded; machine stitched, with white-threaded, straight stitches, around its edges; and adhered it, centered and flush with the top edge of the card face.  A few of the same butterflies were cut from another piece of black, butterfly, patterned paper; glittered; and adhered, just at their centers, over the previous piece, for added dimension.
Finally, I added a length of white, lacy trim, over all layers, near the top edge of the card face; topped it with a length of white, seam binding ribbon, tied in a dressy bow; and embellished it with a red, stitched button, laced with a hemp twine bow.
Inspiration for this card came from The Ribbon Reel's Challenge #15: Butterflies...
and Deconstructing Jen's Deconstructed Sketch No. 28.
Thanks so much for stopping by, ya'll!  Have a wonderful weekend!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Defining Words & Spring Post (Wplus9) Paper: Crumb Cake & Real Red (SU); all patterned (Nikki Sivils - Flaming Butterfly) Ink: White (Brilliance); Jet Black (StazOn) Other: black & white thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); Corner punch & Dazzling Diamonds (SU); white lace (Hobby Lobby); white seam binding ribbon (Zipper Stop); red stitched button (Basic Grey); hemp twine (craft supply store)

11 comments:

Jennifer Shults said...

I'm sorry to hear that your family has been under the weather. I know I always hate that we seem to pass things back and forth at my house as well. I think germs sure do like to hop around when kids want to snuggle, lol. I love your card. The colors are bold and wonderful and I really like the black print paper... it's fantastic! I hope you get to feeling better. Thanks so much for joining us for this week's Deconstructed Sketch!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

ANOTHER fabulous bow---love that center! LOVE your entire card--fun papers:) YOU AMAZE me!!!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Ohhhhhhh I hope everyone is 100% better soon!! Thanksgiving is just around the corner and I hope everyone's better by then!! I loveeeeeeeeeeeee this card!! I soooooooooo hope you will send that to me to share in my next Showcase on Nikki's blog!! IT IS GORGEOUS! :):):):):):):):):):):)

Helen said...

Pretty vibrant card Jinny - hope your son feels better soon. Thanks for joining us at The Ribbon Reel this fortnight.

Pauline said...

Wow, what a fabulous card! Absolutely gorgeous, and a perfect take on our sketch this week! Thanks for joining the Ribbon Reel this week!

Tenia Nelson said...

This card is gorgeous!!! Hope your kiddos feel better soon!!!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Jinny, I do hope you are feeling better soon, and those kiddos too! May you all have a happy, healthy Thanksgiving break.

Your card is so perfect for that RR challenge. All those colorful butterflies are a perfect fit, and I love how you use Wplus9 stuff. :)

Lindsay said...

Very pretty Jinny! LOVE the papers and butterflies along with those gorgeous ribbon and lace!

Monia said...

Beautiful card, I love butterflies and colour combo :)

Zuzana Obert said...

awww,Jinny your card is stunning, adorable, beautiful, gorgeous...:0) Simply I love it a lot! Thanks for sharing with us at TRRChallenge this week.

Zuz. x x

Jenn K said...

Love, Love, Love this card!! Great job!