Three in One

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Just popping in here a little later than usual tonight (Although, it's definitely much easier to carve out a little me time this time of day.) to share a recent, card creation of mine.  My hubby's grandfather passed away a couple of weeks back, and he's traveling to the funeral tomorrow morning.  The kids and I don't get to go with him this time, but I still wanted his grandfather's wife to know that she is in our thoughts and prayers.  So, this beauty is for her.
I started this card by adhering a piece of multicolored, floral, patterned paper to my Whisper White, cardstock, card face; slipping a strip of pink, decorative, patterned paper just inside its bottom edges; and tucking a piece of blue, flourish, patterned paper, whose top corners had been rounded, centered above the previous piece.  I then machine stitched, with white-threaded, zig-zag stitches, around the edges of the first, patterned, paper piece and, with white-threaded, straight stitches, around the edges of both of the other patterned papers, before trimming them, just below horizontal center, with a punched strip of Whisper White cardstock, topped with a twill tape bow.
The "thinking of you" sentiment was stamped, in Tea Dye ink, just inside the bottom right corner of the pink, decorative, patterned, paper piece...
and a "US AIR MAIL" die-cut, adhered, with foam tape, centered above the blue, flourish, patterned paper, preps the card face for another one of my fabric pins.
This one was made from frayed, yellow and turquoise, floral fabrics, pink tulle, white lace, and a gemstone brad and pinned right through the card face itself.  I just LOVE how an embellished card really presents these pins so beautifully!
Inspiration for this card came from Papercraft Star's Challenge 69 to add a flourish, Card Positioning Systems' Sketch #242...
and the Tuesday Trigger: Beads & Baubles in the Moxie Fab World.  I was totally drawn to all that amazing color and bling on a field of vintage wallpaper and attempted to put that inspiration into my design.
Thanks so much for stopping by, ya'll, and have a truly fabulous Friday!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Very Vintage Greetings (Wplus9) Paper: Whisper White (SU); all patterned (K&Company) Ink: Tea Dye (Ranger) Other: white thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); twill tape & Scallop Trim Border & Corner punches (SU); "US AIR MAIL" die-cut (Pink Paislee); gemstone brad (Paper Studio); white lace (Hobby Lobby); pink tulle & turquoise floral fabric (Joanne Fabrics); yellow floral fabric (BJ's grandmother)

9 comments:

Regan said...

Hi Jinny, so glad to see you back this week at Papercraft Star! Your card is just gorgeous! I love the flower and the tulle, so pretty, and the flourish is subtle yet beautiful! Thank you for playing along with us!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Sorry to hear about his Grandfather... that is a beautiful card you made for his wife... I love the flower and the colors! :):):):)

Lynn said...

I'm so sorry to hear about BJ's grandfather. Sending prayers to his family. This card is perfect to let her know you're thinking of her.

Jingle said...

Very pretty card! I'm sorry for your loss. The flower on your card is absolutely beautiful!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OH, Jinny! I am so sorry that I didn't realize that your hubby's grandpa had passed. I'm so sorry! Praying for your family--esp. for your husband as he travels.

What a beautiful card--usually I think of butterflies for TOU--but this has me thinking flowers and gorgeous colors! FAB card:) HUGS!

ferrellgraph-x said...

I'm sorry to read about your loss. I'm sure she will appreciate your lovely card!
Thank you so much for sharing with us at Papercraft Star!
Kindest regards,
Jennifer

Donelda said...

love how you incorporated all those lovely papers!!

Cath said...

Hey Jinny! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Colleen Dietrich said...

So sorry to hear about BJ's grandfather's passing. I know his wife will appreciate the love and beauty you put into this card for her.