Weekend Snapshots

Monday, November 7, 2011

We had another weekend at home together as a family and spent a lot of time working and playing in the yard.
While we were working, mowing, raking, and even framing a new garden, it occurred to me that I didn't show ya'll much of the loot from our vegetable garden this year.  Well, we didn't get as good a crop of tomatoes as we'd hoped.  I really think much of that was due to the intense heat we had this summer, and our dog ate all of our sweet peas, before they had a chance to get more than a few inches tall.  Ugh!  We've got to get that gate put up before next year's plants get too far underway.  But we got lots and lots of sweet and jalapeno peppers...
as well as a couple dozen cucumbers and a ton of butternut squash.  Yum-O!

Before I'm off to making lunch for my kiddos, I also wanted to share a picture of a new recipe we tried for Sweet Potato Fries.  I found it in my August 2011 issue of Better Homes and Gardens.  Unfortunately, the recipe seems to be under some form of lock and key over at their website; but I can tell you that it was on page 156, and my family gobbled them right up!
Oh!  And look what I got my hands on.  Woohoo!  For those of you who aren't regular followers of my blog, this is one of my favorite things about the holiday season.  It just makes my heart happy.  I cannot wait to dive into all the scrumptious recipes inside!
Thanks for humoring me!  Have a fabulous work week, ya'll!

4 comments:

Lindsay said...

Sooo CUTE Jinny, I just love pictures of your sweet little family! That food looks delicious, yum!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

OMYGOSH!! I am IN LOVE with those photos and her HAT!! Ohhhhhhhhhhhh you have to tell me where you got that hat!!! Brookie has to wear hats all the time for her skin condition... and I would loveeeeeeeeeee to get one like that for her! :):):):):):):):):):):)

Colleen Dietrich said...

That looks like a fun day of leaf jumping for the kids! What a beautiful family you have, Jinny.

The produce your garden put forth (even without those peas) looks scrumptious!

lynn said...

love the family pics, food, and i LOVE that magazine, too!! got mine a couple days ago:)