Weekend Snapshots

Monday, November 21, 2011

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend!  Ours was filled with yard work (Our trees are almost done raining their leaves down upon us, though.  Woohoo!), rest, and baking for the Thanksgiving meals going out from our church.  And I'd LOVE to take just a minute to share the simple way I dressed up my mere six loaves of Pumpkin Banana Bread, with you all, today.
I started by die-cutting the little tag from Very Vanilla cardstock, distressing its edges with Tea Dye and Antique Linen inks, and stamping the frame and sentiment in Chocolate Chip ink.  I then stamped the pumpkin image in Pumpkin Pie, Really Rust, and Chocolate Chip inks and glittered it, before punching small holes to either side of the sentiment and lacing it through with Baker's Twine, which had been wrapped around the foil packaging and tied in a bow.  Then, I just repeated each step five more times.
I also was feeling well enough (Thank you all so, so much for your sweet and kind get-well wishes!  I truly feel so blessed to have you all in my world!) to get to work with the Thanksgiving meals collection, at church, yesterday.  I'm telling ya'll, this is so one of the things I was wired to do!  I just loved sorting and organizing and praying over each family's package, thanking those that brought their thoughtful donations, and just seeing all the smiles and willingness to help.  That's what it's all about!  And I just cannot wait to do a little extra grocery shopping for the perishables and handing out of the grocery-gift-laden boxes tomorrow.

On the way home from church, Adina was being really quiet.  So, I asked her if she was tired; and she said, "No, I'm not tired.  I don't need to go to sleep."  But within a matter of minutes, look what happened.  LOL!
Then, this morning, we had our family pictures taken for Christmas.  My hubby would never say so, but I know he drags his feet about doing this.  So, thank you, in front of all who are reading, Baby, for putting your chin up and humoring me, with family pictures, just once a year :).  I love you!  Anyway, we grabbed a little lunch on the way home, and I couldn't help snapping just a couple pics of my adorable (That's the bias, in me, rearing its ugly head :).) kiddos.
Oh!  And I nearly forgot to share that Adina's birthday thank yous won My Time Made Easy's Pretty Palette #35!  Woohoo!  Thank you so much, ladies!  What a great way to start the week!  And I'm just loving playing along with your beautiful, color palettes!
So, that's all, for now, folks; but I'll be back, tomorrow, with a brand new, card creation amongst all the other business that is filling up our Thanksgiving week.  Until then, thanks so much for stopping by; and have a truly fabulous start to your abbreviated, at least for those of us who live in the U.S., work weeks!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: All Occasion Tags & Season of Thanks (Wplus9) Paper: Very Vanilla (SU) Ink: Pumpkin Pie, Really Rust, & Chocolate Chip (SU); Tea Dye & Antique Linen (Ranger) Other: All Occasion Label die (Wplus9); Big Shot (Sizzix); Dazzling Diamonds & 1/16" Handheld Circle punch (SU); Baker's Twine (Clean Country Paper Supplies)

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Mmmm looks yummy and the tags are darling! Speaking of darling...how about those kiddos of yours, I could just pinch their little cheeks ;)Congrats on your win, the thank yous were adorable!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Yummmmmmmmmmmmmm to that pumpkin bread and the tags!!! And those photos are ADORABLE!! Glad you are feeling better! :):):):):):):):):):):)

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OHHH! That homemade bread looks FAB!! LOVE the photos of your children--I can't wait to see your family photos!

lynn said...

i'm baking pumpkin bread right now:) sweet looking faces!