Weekend Snapshots

Monday, November 28, 2011

Our long weekend was filled to the brim with activity!  Yesterday, I showed you all pics, of our Thanksgiving celebrations, in my Thanksgiving Memories post, but that was just the beginning of a busy weekend.  On Saturday, we got our Christmas tree and decorated it and the entire house for Christmas.  Here's just a few pics of us hanging our new, Hallmark ornaments and decorating the rest of the tree.
Because getting the tree and decorating the house, for Christmas, is such a huge undertaking, our dinner tradition has become to order pizza and enjoy winter floats.  That's hot cocoa with a big scoop of Blue Bunny Peppermint Stick Ice Cream.
And by the end of the day, the Christmas season is officially in full swing.
My littlest started feeling crummy and running a fever again on Thanksgiving, which is a total bummer with me still having a scratchy throat and no voice.  What is going on?!  So, I stayed home, from church, with her yesterday morning, while the boys went to Sunday School.  We also had to miss Ezekiel's big Awana Grand Prix race, which I was so looking forward to!  He was so proud of the car he designed and painted himself, and the only help he had was me cutting his car's numbers with my Cricut and Daddy gluing the wheels and adding weights to make sure it was as heavy as it could be without breaking the rules.
It all paid off with a third place finish in car design, too.
Because I couldn't go, I sent the camera with my boys and instructions to get a few good pics of the race itself...
as well as BJ's mini sermon on perseverance.
And even though Ezekiel didn't place overall, although he did come in fifth out of fifteen racers, you should've heard how excited he was to get to bring any kind of trophy home.  He was absolutely giddy!
Also, my prize package, for being PageMaps' Studio Purge Sketch Contest Winner, came in the mail right before all the hustle and bustle began.  And holy smokes!  Check all these goodies and papers out!  Eeeek!
Finally, I'm thrilled to share that this card was featured for The Deconstructed Sketch's Sketch No. 28...
as well as Nikki Sivils, Scrapbooker's Showcase On You.  Thanks ever so much to all those who made said such possible!  My cup runneth over!  And please be sure to run check out all the fabulous creations!  You won't be disappointed!
Oh!  And look what we saw outside my craft space's sky light yesterday!  With nearly all the leaves now missing from our trees, we're seeing all kinds of critters from woodpeckers and sparrows to owls and hawks.  So exciting!
I'll be back, later this afternoon, with that card creation I promised yesterday; but for now, I think that I'd better tackle the laundry.  Don't you?
Have a super, fabulous, amazing week, ya'll!

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Your kids are the cutest Jinny and your tree looks pretty! Love your little girl with the BIG mug of hot chocolate...so precious! My husband will be jealous over you bird photo,everytime we see one on a walk he's W/O his camera!! And the laundry; run...I think it's going to tackle YOU~heee!!!

lynn said...

so much to love in this post! love the pics, and congrats on the TWO features on your sweet card, jinny! your tree is lovely!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loveeeeeeeeeee the photos and CONGRATS on his win!! That is AWESOME!!! And what a PRIZE!! WOW WOW WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW! LOVING it!!! And get going on that laundry! LOL!! That's what ours looked like Friday! :):):):):):):):):):):)