Christmas Treats

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

I promised you all a peek at some Christmas treats in yesterday's Celebrating Christmas post, and I'm here, today, to deliver.  I always like to put together packages of homemade goodies for both BJ's and my parents, simply because... well... honestly, my parents have everything they need; and if they don't have it, they don't wait for someone to gift it to them.  Plus, this kind of gifting works well for guys and girls alike.  And, to quote a popular, children's story, "When a gift is made by hand, all of that person's love is captured in it."  So, without further ado, here's their Christmas gifts.
Now, let's take a look a little closer at what each package entails.  Of course, you'll find a jar of our homemade apple butter, as well as a set of five cards, from my etsy shop, that need some loving; but there's also a Yankee candle, petite poinsettia, Christmas Worship CD, and a bundle of Christmas candy, including almond bark dipped pretzels, with a few, Christmas sprinkles to dress them up...
and homemade butterfingers, which are made from peanut butter, sandwiched between two Cheez-Its and dipped in almond bark.
I overheard the recipe for the latter, while scrapping with a group of ladies, several years back.  Unfortunately, I don't remember who voiced the recipe or what she called it, but they taste just like Butterfingers without the stuff that gets stuck in your teeth :).  Mmmmm!  We also filled a big plate with more of these two candies to contribute to both of our families' Christmas celebrations.
Finally, we threw in some tasty Chocolate-Toffee Potato Chips...
and Sweet and Savory Mixed Nuts to round out the packages.  The recipes for these two came from Paula Deen's Christmas Collector's Issue 2011, and I wrapped them super similar to the way she did in the magazine.  Why mess with perfection?
I wish that I'd gotten a picture of the gifts we gave to all my nieces and nephews.  We put together movie packages, including microwave popcorn, lots of "movie" candy, and two, family-friendly DVDs for each family.  Each kiddo also had a pair of warm, fuzzy socks all of their own to unwrap.

Then, we passed a Sweet and Savory Mixed Nuts cone, as well as a jar of apple butter on to all of our sisters and brothers and grandpas.  Usually, we do a gift exchange among the adults, but due to a lack of finances, BJ and I opted to take this route and exclude ourselves from the exchange.  It really stinks, especially when we don't see one family for Christmas, because it kinda feels as though we've been forgotten.  It's not that I need a gift.  It's just nice to know that you've been remembered.  So, that's what we tried to do, with our little goodies, for everyone.

I'm also thrilled to share, before I'm off to a little storytime with my kiddos, that this layout made me a ColourQ Courtier!  Yea!  Thanks so much to Arielle and the ColourQ team!  It is always so much fun to play along with your fun and inspirational color stories!
That's all, for today, folks!  I hope that you've gotten a few ideas for future, Christmas gifts of your own, and thanks so much for peeking in!  Have a terrific Tuesday!

7 comments:

Design Lily said...

Yum! These snacks look delicious- especially those potato chips! Thanks for sharing! Mmmm...

Lynn said...

Jinny, what a fabulous gift package for your parents. Totally appeals to me. I love salty snacks...and the sweets with the salt are perfection. I love all the gorgeous packaging too!

Lindsay said...

um, omg Jinny! I wanted to reach through my screen and grab a handful! YUM!

Sabrina said...

Oh Wow Jinny! Such delicious treats all so beautifully packaged! They all look so yummy, Jinny.

Tammy said...

Goodness gracious--that Butterfinger recipe sounds fantastic!! I'll have to run out tomorrow to buy a box of Cheez-Its!!! Diet starts in January--so I have a couple of days left to consume these, right?! LOL Thanks for sharing the recipe!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

What FABULOUS gifts!! You are AMAZING! :):):):):):):):):):):)

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

YUMMMMMY! These treat looks soooo good--I wouldn't share them with anyone! I would make them and eat them! I know--I'm selfish:)