Papercraft Star #75 & TPV: Anything Goes

Saturday, December 17, 2011

We've had just the last couple of hours to give me the kick in the rear I needed to get my holiday spirit back.  We were at church packaging meals.  (I'll share more about that next week, when I get the pics off my camera.)  Then, we grabbed a little lunch and ran into the sweetest family.  I'm telling you that the Lord knows who we need, when we need them.  I just happened to mention to the mom that I loved her bag.  Who doesn't LOVE a good Vera Bradley bag anyway ;)?!  Well, that opened the door to great conversation amongst the whole family.  And get this, they're church hunting and had their sights set on visiting our Heartland.  So, we may just be seeing them again in the near future.

Then, when we got home, we had two checks in the mail that we had been waiting for and a super sweet thank you from one of the new moms, from our church, that I had prepared a meal for, just after her youngest was born.  It's very rare that I hear from those precious moms.  So, what a blessing it is to know that all that hard work was appreciated :).

Plus, I've gotten several encouraging comments and private emails from you all.  Thank you!  It's so refreshing to know that I can be just who I am and still be loved right here in blog land!

Now, my littlest is resting and my big kiddos, that includes my hubby (Tee hee!), are getting haircuts.  So, I'd LOVE to share some sweet, little, colorful ornaments, that I made for my nieces and nephews, if you're interested.
Really, my Cricut did all the hard work of cutting those snowflakes out from Lavender Lace, Brilliant Blue, Tempting Turquoise, Pixie Pink, and Pumpkin Pie cardstocks.  Then, I pieced them together; punched a hole in the tops of them; covered them in glitters to match their papers; and strung them with color-coordinating ribbons, through which I laced a loop to hang them from the tree, as well as a little, snowflake charm, tied in bows.
Then, they were laced onto "brown, paper packages, tied up with strings (These are a few of my favorite things."  Yep, I know I sing that every Christmas!  Don't judge me.) and paired with a Jelly Belly candy cane...
as well as a stamped, in Real Red ink, on Whisper White cardstock, smiley face, ticket tag, which was stamped again, in the same color of ink, with the TO: and FROM: words; filled in, with the specifics, by hand; and comes from my December, Jenni Bowlin kit.  I'll share more of the specifics, as well as a project inspired by that kit, next week, but isn't that ticket image just too fun!  They're perfect for a bunch of sweet kiddos!
Inspiration for the way I dressed these packages came from Papercraft Star's Challenge #75 to include a bell or an ornament...
and The Paper Variety's Anything Goes Challenge.
Thanks so much for stopping by, and have a fabulous last weekend before Christmas!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: All Occasion Tags (Wplus9); Smiley Tickets (Jenni Bowlin) Paper: Whisper White, Lavender Lace, Brilliant Blue, Tempting Turquoise, Pixie Pink, & Pumpkin Pie (SU) Ink: Real Red (SU) Other: Winter Lace Cricut cartridge & Cricut (Provo Craft); glitter (Doodlebug Design); ribbon & snowflake charms (Hobby Lobby); Baker's Twine (Clean Country Paper Supplies); 1/16" Handheld Circle punch (SU); hole punch (office supply store)

6 comments:

Lynn said...

Jinny, your packaging is beautiful..I love the extra shimmer! And so thankful that your day got better...here's to today being the first of many!

Tracy said...

Those ornaments really dress those gifts up Jinny! Love all the sparkly fun. Glad your day was so blessed. :-) Thanks so much for sharing your creations with us this week at Papercraft Star!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

What a great idea!!! Loveeeeeeeeeee those snowflakes!! :):):):):):):):):):):)

Patrice said...

Love the snowflakes!

ferrellgraph-x said...

Oh Jinny your ornaments look so pretty! I especially love them on the packages! Beautiful! I'm so happy you played along with us again this week at Papercraft Star!
Kindest regards,
Jennifer

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

Super cute ideas for tags and decorations--my fav...those GLITTERED SNOWFLAKES! LOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE:)