Weekend Snapshots

Monday, December 12, 2011

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend!  Ezekiel and I finished up a little, Christmas shopping, on Friday night, and wrapped up the evening with ice cream.  Then, on Saturday, we were back to my parents' place for our extended family Christmas.  We always love getting together with this bunch...
(my Uncle Rick and Aunt Cindy)
(my Uncle Rod and Aunt Joanie and my cousin Matt's sweet wife, Linda)
(my cousin Matt and my littlest kiddo, trying to convince me that she'd take a nap right there)
(my Grandpa and my Dad)
and my kiddos just cannot get enough of their cousins!
(my little sister's son Hunter, my big sister's daughter Jenna, and Ezekiel)
(my big sister's son Grant, Hunter, Matt and Linda's daughter Camaro, and Ezekiel)
I even got to catch up with an old friend, Kari, who was home visiting her family...
and meet her kiddos, Ian and Audrey, for the first time.  Aren't they just the cutest?!
And I loved that we didn't exchange gifts, with one another, this year!  Instead, we took up an anonymous offering to purchase gifts, through Compassion International, for a family in need, in Africa and/or India.  Even our kiddos were totally on board with the whole idea!
Then, yesterday, in church, Ezekiel had the opportunity to make a Wiscurzoo.  A young man, named Maverick Kempf, from our congregation, makes Wiscurzoos in honor of his brother Mason, who courageously ended his battle with cancer in March of this year.  All the proceeds, from the Wiscurzoos, go to the Make a Wish Foundation.  Together with his brother, Maverick has already sponsored one child and had the help of our 1st through 5th graders, this week, to do it again.  Their mother gave an update on that goal in this post.  LOVE these outside helps to teach my kiddos compassion and to treasure and reach out to those in need!
We grabbed a little lunch after church and crashed for an afternoon nap, when we got home.  I even had to wake my littlest to have some dinner and a bath, before heading back to bed.  Poor thing was just maxed out!
Thanks so much for peeking in, and have a truly wonderful, work week!  This is our last full week of school before Christmas Break!  Woohoo!

6 comments:

Lisa said...

Treasured moments Jinny TFS!!!

Lynn said...

I love your weekend recap posts Jinny! And the last picture just melts by heart! Such wonderful memories!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loveeeeeeeeee the photos and loving what Ezekiel made!!!! Very cool! :):):):):):):):):):):)

lynn said...

beautiful family and friends:) how sweet to help compassion international--wtg!

Kathy R said...

Jinny,
I work with Mason and Maverick's grandmother! Small world...I am so glad to see that Mason is still making a difference in so many lives. His story is a lesson to us all to live life to fullest and to care for others.
Kathy Rogers

Kathy R said...
This comment has been removed by the author.