Goodbye Sketchy Thursdays

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

We have had such a busy but really good day!  Ezekiel had a little, home school program, called When Science Attacks, at the Kansas City Zoo, this afternoon; and he was so excited to get there, that he got all his work done before lunch.  And not only was it done, but it also looked fabulous!  LOVE!  I wish he had that kind of commitment every day of the week.  LOL!  Anyway, I know that it's a bit of a late post for me, but I just couldn't miss out on Sketchy Thursdays' final sketch.  So, I'm sneaking it in with moments to spare.
I started this layout by anchoring the photo, on the gray, scroll, base page, with a piece of gray, polka dot, patterned paper, secured with black-threaded, straight, machine stitches.  I then stacked lots of color-coordinating, patterned papers, haphazardly, below the photograph and anchored them all, across their top and bottom edges, with more, black-threaded, straight, machine stitches, running over onto the base page itself.
The partial, "YOU make me" title was tucked under the top edge of the photograph, near its left corner...
and the completed, "happy" title was stamped, in Jet Black ink, on a strip of vellum, before being secured over the bottom portion of the photograph.
I then flanked the picture's left side with a hand cut, from a gray, patterned paper, doily; a stack of canvas and cardstock, patterned flowers, topped with a red Sparklet; and a white tag, laced with white string and upon which I journaled, You had your Daddy wrapped around your little finger from the moment he laid eyes on you.
A red label, which was anchored, at either end, with silver, mini brads, was used as a 6 days old, date card.
Finally, I hand cut the pennants from a patterned paper; strung them on two lengths of white string, crossing over one another; and anchored each end of the banners with pewter, Jumbo brads, dressed up with white, string bows.
Like I said above, inspiration for this layout came from Sketchy Thursdays' current and last sketch.  Thank you so much, Diana, Heidi, Julie, and the fantastically talented, Sketchy Thursdays' Design Team, for the inspiration you've been to me and all of your creative groupies and for all the time and energy you've put into making your challenge such a huge success.  You will be deeply missed!
I'll be back, in just a bit, with a brand new challenge from The Play Date Cafe.  Until then, thanks so much for peeking in, and have a truly wonderful evening!  I'm off to enjoy the rest of my favorite and cannot miss show of the week, Modern Family.  Hugs!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Happy Everything (SU) Paper: gray scroll (Authentique); banner, hot pink polka dot, & gray doily (My Mind's Eye); pink star & pink & red letter (Jillibean Soup); gray polka dot (Fancy Pants); red & pink floral (Jenni Bowlin); vellum (Paper Studio) Ink: Basic Black (SU); Jet Black (StazOn) Other: black thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); white tag (Kraft Outlet); canvas & cardstock flowers (Basic Grey); red Sparklet (Kaiser Craft); red label (Jillibean Soup); "YOU make me" journaling card (lilybee design); pewter Jumbo eyelets & silver mini brads (SU); white string (Hobby Lobby); foam tape (Scotch)

7 comments:

corrie said...

Beautiful page. I have really enjoyed your takes each week. Thanks for playing with us at Sketchy Thursdays!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Love love love love love love this Jinny! I loveeeeeeeeeeeee that photo and the banners! Thanks so much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays! :):):):):):):):):):):)

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OHHH! What a beautiful LO--LOVE those papers! GORGEOUS banner! I'm glad the kids had a great day!

Kelly Massman said...

this is so sweet and pretty!

Lisa said...

SIMPLY PRECIOUS Jinny! Love that sweet banner!!

Diana Fisher said...

I'm definitely going to miss the players! So glad I follow your blog so I won't miss anything here! :) Thanks for the kind words, and I love you page!

Lindsay said...

Ohhh girl, looove this page! So so fabulous!